• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: No Nose (updated:2/27/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
increase the size within the move set via PSA. the effects wont show in brawl box but will be obvious in brawl. basically, just wait for the move setting to change his size because the only other way is editing each animation. also, yesterday i was kinda occupied so when i get home from school today i will (finally) take a look at those files.

Revven

FrankerZ
increase the size within the move set via PSA.
That'll increase the size of Krillin's hurtbox by some margin (depending on how big he needs to be) which I don't believe he wants to happen. He would be in a better position to try and use fort's resizer or ask fortwaffles to resize it for him.

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
That'll increase the size of Krillin's hurtbox by some margin (depending on how big he needs to be) which I don't believe he wants to happen. He would be in a better position to try and use fort's resizer or ask fortwaffles to resize it for him.
Ya, I already tried resizing with PSA Like 2 days ago, and found out about the hurt box the hard way :( . And this pic is with fortwaffles resizer. I changed the value of the root bone to 0.01 than back and the polygons still seem outta place.

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
there hasn't been a great update in a while but there is a reason! As of right now Sentony and I are working on custom animations, and we've still got a while to go. However hopefully in the next few days we'll have more pics up. The reason for me postin though, is that we're still having problems with his darkening texture and resizing him. I've tried almost everything with both of these problems however with only 2 people actually working on Krillin it feels pretty unbearable. So if anyone would like to join in and help either resize or work on hexing his texture prob, It would be greatly appreciated! Otherwise it looks like Krillin is gonna take a lot longer than expected :(

Also we'd love to see Shenrons stage in action, so maybe I'll work on him the next couple days. However with so many custom animations still needed, it's looking unlikely. so if anyone wants to work on it I'll gladly pass it along to you :chuckle:

Sentony

Smash Rookie
I've tried almost everything with both of these problems however with only 2 people actually working on Krillin it feels pretty unbearable.:
Maybe we should move onto a different character?.. We don't seem to be getting much support with Krillin. I know you like Krillin and all that, but the movesets of Kid Goku and
Krillin would be pretty close, so we could just use their psa,maybe even their animations lol, n have this as sort of a side project. :ohwell:

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
Maybe we should move onto a different character?.. We don't seem to be getting much support with Krillin. I know you like Krillin and all that, but the movesets of Kid Goku and
Krillin would be pretty close, so we could just use their psa,maybe even their animations lol, n have this as sort of a side project. :ohwell:
Well, anyone who's has played Dragon ball knows there is a single player and multiplayer mode (that Krillin and many more are in!). As I've said many times before, There is a distinctive difference between Krillin and Goku. Your not the first person to say this so I'll just put it this way... Just because Marth is inside of brawl doesn't mean that Ike shouldn't be. Although they are both from the same series, They both have different play styles. We've both seen all of Krillins move so far. Watch Krillin and than Goku and you'll see the difference. Plus I've put way to much time into this to see it go down the toilet :laugh:. Sure I'd love more help, but it's really not that big of a deal. If I get more help, Great! If not, The Project will continue, Just will take a little longer than expected :chuckle: Just remember that patience makes perfect. Every good Project on this board is gonna take more than just 1 weeks, ha ha.

edit: A lot of people are saying that Goku and Krillin are the same, so maybe I'll try to upload a video of Krillins progress so you can actually see the Difference of the Little guys.

joem3693

Smash Apprentice
yea that would be a bright idea and if i learn how to make animations I'll try to help you out

Sentony

Smash Rookie
Wow the dragonball game uses brstm and some of these tracks are actually pretty BA. We should definitely consider using some.

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
Wow the dragonball game uses brstm and some of these tracks are actually pretty BA. We should definitely consider using some.
no way haha, Thats awesome. Good discovery :laugh: I'ma see if I can't find Krillins sound effects today. I'm getting sick of hearing mario's YEA! everytime I jump.

yea that would be a bright idea and if i learn how to make animations I'll try to help you out
I'm new to custom animations, but if you'd like I can teach you the basics. Just send me a pm. All you really need to learn how to do is view your mld0 in brawlbox, than select a bone, and finally edit the rotations.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
unless I'm mistaken, sound effects replacing isnt possible yet (unless you follow vile's guide in which you still need to brun an .iso) and I got the whole revenge of king piccolo soundtrack, so if you need any songs hit me up on aim :)

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
unless I'm mistaken, sound effects replacing isnt possible yet (unless you follow vile's guide in which you still need to brun an .iso) and I got the whole revenge of king piccolo soundtrack, so if you need any songs hit me up on aim :)
I haven't had the time to look into it yet, however if sound effects cannot be replaced than it's better to put that off as one of the final steps. Until than there are more animations to be animated :chuckle: maybe I'll try to get the fw's re-sizer to work again today, haha

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Why hasn't this been getting as much attention? This looks cooler than Kid Goku in my opinion...

Do you want some alternate costumes? I could do basic edits (green suit, blue suit, etc.) or texture replacements to make him look like other characters.

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
Why hasn't this been getting as much attention? This looks cooler than Kid Goku in my opinion...

Do you want some alternate costumes? I could do basic edits (green suit, blue suit, etc.) or texture replacements to make him look like other characters.

Actually , until I can figure out the problem with his darkening texture, we can't really work on his alt costumes. But as soon as I fix it I'd love to see some alt costumes. :chuckle:

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Actually , until I can figure out the problem with his darkening texture, we can't really work on his alt costumes. But as soon as I fix it I'd love to see some alt costumes. :chuckle:
If you find out the problem with it, the normal texture would stop darkening, as with alternates, right? I'm sorry, I just love alts for some reason.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
yes and goku has the same problem... I have really no idea how to fix this... all his textures are CMP so thats not the problem, unless they have to be something else in which case I don't know...

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Were his "hurt" animations hexed from Rise of Piccolo? If so, try replacing it with something custom (it doesn't even have to animate, this is just a test) and then see what happens.

I really don't know. All of my MDL0 projects end in fail (SNES StarFox stage, Balloon Fighter, WarioWare Nose Picking Stage)...

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
lol hmm i havent tried that yet... but i doubt itll work since even though we have no animations for it, the T stance is the default animation for all the motions, meaning that there is an animation and it gets messed up textures for some reason... but meh wont hurt to try, ill try it later

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Are you going to want CSPs? If so, here:

Or I could make a 3D one, to tie it in with Brawl a little more.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
I think it'd be better to have them in brawl's style (snapshot of original in game 3d model) but thats up to shonratti

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
That looks great :laugh: You should work on that 3d one too so that we can compare. I'ma experiment with some files that might fix his texture prob tonight. Wish me good luck :scared:

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
Thats actually perfect :chuckle: I'll put in my game when I get home. Also this is now added to OP.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Cool! If you want to send me his sprite sheets, I can make alternate costumes and alternate CSPs for him, just whenever you're ready for that.

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
Cool! If you want to send me his sprite sheets, I can make alternate costumes and alternate CSPs for him, just whenever you're ready for that.
I can pm you the files for alt. costumes in a little bit. I'm trying to make a video right now, so be ready for that :chuckle:

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
This is pretty interesting, how many animations do you have done?
well we've got about 104 animations hexed from the db game. Out of those about maybe 25-30 are in game now. As for custom animations we've got about 3 done and working. We're trying to move custom animating as fast as possible but still have a good looking character.

Also, I just made a video but the quality is pretty terrible. If anyone has a capture card and would like to work on a video please pm me. Otherwise I'll post my blurry video sometime tomorrow.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
well we've got about 104 animations hexed from the db game. Out of those about maybe 25-30 are in game now. As for custom animations we've got about 3 done and working. We're trying to move custom animating as fast as possible but still have a good looking character.

Also, I just made a video but the quality is pretty terrible. If anyone has a capture card and would like to work on a video please pm me. Otherwise I'll post my blurry video sometime tomorrow.
Ask Fool's Gil.

And here's the yellow costume:

I wanted to have him smiling on his model, so I did that. :laugh: I can give the other alts different faces as well, or change this one back to normal, it's up to you, Shonrrati.

If you want me to make him look like someone else, instead of ONLY doing color changes, let me know. ;)

EDIT: Wait a minute... Krillen is over Mario and Goku is over Luigi? That's pretty sweet.

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
Ask Fool's Gil.

I wanted to have him smiling on his model, so I did that. :laugh: I can give the other alts different faces as well, or change this one back to normal, it's up to you, Shonrrati.

If you want me to make him look like someone else, instead of ONLY doing color changes, let me know. ;)

EDIT: Wait a minute... Krillen is over Mario and Goku is over Luigi? That's pretty sweet.
Well goku is actually going over wario as far as I know. Great work on his alt, If you feel creative go a head and replace him with whatever. Also, You mind if I add you to the team on op?

edit: oh, and the face looks good :) He's got a lot of face textures to work with, so if you'd like to you can replace them with every texture or whateves you feel like doing.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
OH YEAH! I love getting added to teams. :3

I'm done with his green costume, it uses his angry teeth-clenched face.

Pics will be here when I take them on Brawl.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Lol, okay. What should it replace? Fire or black?

GREEN!

(CSP is different from actual texture; I couldn't really get the eyes on there and still have them look okay...)

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I made a blue texture, a black/gold one, and a purple one with that hillarious face. :laugh:

Now I just need to make CSS icons and a Dragonball series icon!

Oh, and mastaklo removed the shading on Goku, ask him how he did it so this guy looks better and not all glossy.

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
I made a blue texture, a black/gold one, and a purple one with that hillarious face. :laugh:

Now I just need to make CSS icons and a Dragonball series icon!

Oh, and mastaklo removed the shading on Goku, ask him how he did it so this guy looks better and not all glossy.
Nice, Green is looking pretty good! So maybe we can replace the fire red one with the pic I posted? I gotta see a black ver. of Krillin :laugh: Also i'll look into that shading thing.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Here's blue (Every color is getting their own post for organization/easier editing):

The pic of blue's face didn't convert correctly, so here it is in square form:

Blue does NOT work very well. It probably will when the shading is removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom