• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Meta Knight

MrClean

Smash Rookie
Hello, and welcome to my thread!

Today is the day that "Project: Meta Knight" must begin. Ever since the PMBR released Project: M demo 2.6, I've been researching the new Meta Knight. With the addition of a new engine, skill set, and map selection, I firmly believe that Meta Knight is now a brand new character, waiting to be explored.
The ultimate goal here in the "Project: Meta Knight" thread is to unearth all there is to this character and present it in a user friendly format. Ideally this guide will be filled with written, drawn, and video presentations designed to simply explain everything about how to play Meta Knight. The many facets of the new Meta Knight are a mystery just waiting to be solved.

This work in progress will take a long time to create, and will only be finished when and if Meta Knight has nothing else to offer. Please be patient, as I will attempt to cover as much material at a decent pace.

To begin, here is all of Meta Knight's frame data wonderfully put together in the link provided. All credit goes to Sartron.

http://smashboards.com/threads/meta-knight-hitboxes-and-frame-data.338971/

All uploading will be done on my Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyKZKdSq8RE6XlX55tRgr1g

Meta Knight: You Must Recover!
Table of Contents-
  • Basic Recovery Options
  • (Up-B, Side-B, Down-B, Neutral-B)
  • Advanced Recovery Options
  • (Fancy Up-B, Side-B, Down-B, Neutral-B)
  • Recovery Shenanigans
  • (Unspeakable Shenanigans)

Basic Recovery Options: Shuttle-Loop!
The video presented above presents basic, cookie cutter recoveries with the shuttle-loop technique. The purpose of all of these shuttle-loops it to give you more recovery variety. With down-b, side-b and up-b Meta Knight has the most recovery options in the entire game.​
Understanding the basic ways to recover from under the stage with the shuttle-loop technique will allow you more freedom in your offstage game. Being capable of dipping low allows you to bully other characters offstage until their hope runs out.​
There are other methods of returning to the stage after going offstage; shuttle-looping in this manner allows you the most vertical freedom and a safe return to the stage, even if you've missed your gimp and the enemy recovered successfully.​
The benefits of shuttle-loop recoveries are:​
  • Potential Mind Games
  • Allows Formidable Vertical Freedom
  • Safe And Easy With Practice
  • Great Mix Ups
  • Fast
  • Fast Positional Advantages
  • Gives A Hit-box Coming Up
  • NO EDGE HOGS
The cons of shuttle-loop recoveries are:
  • Vulnerable Against Enemies On Stage
  • No Invincibility
  • Reliant On Mind Games
  • Predictable If Opponent Knows Meta Knight Well
MORE CONTENT ON IT'S WAY... :troll:

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Just so you know, Mach Tornado (Nspecial) is also a really good recovery move if you're too low for Shuttle Loop and Drill Rush and not at a good angle for Dimensional Cape (or someone's already on the ledge, making it impossible to recover with DC).

You can ledge cancel on any edge, you have to space properly. Ledge Cancelling is MK's safest non-sweetspot recovery option. If you properly ledge cancel you have an obscene number of options to defend yourself if your opponent tries to react.

Also, you can cancel the glide by pressing B and grab the edge if you space it properly.

I'll upload a video soon of all my recovery tricks on most applicable stages.

MrClean

Smash Rookie
Just so you know, Mach Tornado (Nspecial) is also a really good recovery move if you're too low for Shuttle Loop and Drill Rush and not at a good angle for Dimensional Cape (or someone's already on the ledge, making it impossible to recover with DC).

You can ledge cancel on any edge, you have to space properly. Ledge Cancelling is MK's safest non-sweetspot recovery option. If you properly ledge cancel you have an obscene number of options to defend yourself if your opponent tries to react.

Also, you can cancel the glide by pressing B and grab the edge if you space it properly.

I'll upload a video soon of all my recovery tricks on most applicable stages.
Can't wait to see, thank you for chiming in! ^_^

Also thanks for pointing out that I've forgotten to include Mach Tornado... Whoops .-.

Feel free to PM me, I look forward to your contributions.

Top Bottom