• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
Yeah true but would they need a new move set completely?
I was thinking of simply weakening most of pits moves and giving dark pit his own moveset that goes along with pit's, like the ice climbers but where pit and dark pit have different movesets. If it's to difficult than you could just add dark pit as his own character

Last edited:

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I was thinking of simply weakening most of pits moves and giving dark pit his own moveset that goes along with pit's, like the ice climbers but where pit and dark pit have different movesets. If it's to difficult than you could just add dark pit as his own character
If that would happen, it would have to be a seperate skin. We have plans to include more skins, so we'll certainly look into that.

Waldazo

Smash Rookie
Hi!
Thank you for your work. I´m having a great time playing your mod, but i´ve got a question, i found another forum where there is another version of the game, a beta 2 (in KC-MM forums) and i´ve got to say it looks interesting since it has 3 more characters and Mewtwo "reverted" to a flying move set. Is that an official release from you? In that forum there´s a link that redirects me here.
Greetings

Edit 1: In case i don´t make myself clear, they also claim to be from the Project M Unbound project)

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
oh yeah that is also my forum
i never took time to update it lol

DeathChaos

Smash Rookie
I'd like to report another Lucina bug :3

Go to the 0:50 mark, and then, just.

Wat.

That is all I have to say about the matter...

Pardon the sloppy gameplay, I'm playing on Dolphin with an Xbox 360 controller because my friend got too hype with Unbound and borrowed my SD so he could copy the files...

Also @ SmashAmass SmashAmass I applied to become a Beta some time ago but never got a reply, I've got some free time now that my current coding project is stuck on a rut (almost done though), so I'm guessing I just need to re-send the application your way?

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I'd like to report another Lucina bug :3

Go to the 0:50 mark, and then, just.

Wat.

That is all I have to say about the matter...

Pardon the sloppy gameplay, I'm playing on Dolphin with an Xbox 360 controller because my friend got too hype with Unbound and borrowed my SD so he could copy the files...

Also @ SmashAmass SmashAmass I applied to become a Beta some time ago but never got a reply, I've got some free time now that my current coding project is stuck on a rut (almost done though), so I'm guessing I just need to re-send the application your way?
Yessir! Just send your app. and we'll get that worked out! Also thanks for the reported bug; will look further into that

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
I know I am apart of the back team and all but where would I share my thoughts on the characters?

BearForceOne

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I can't find a good tutorial on how to give the BrawlEx character slots their own SFX. Documentation is limited as far as I can tell. Can someone point me in the direction of a decent guide? I'm not the best with this stuff yet. I have the swand but no idea what to do with it.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I can't find a good tutorial on how to give the BrawlEx character slots their own SFX. Documentation is limited as far as I can tell. Can someone point me in the direction of a decent guide? I'm not the best with this stuff yet. I have the swand but no idea what to do with it.
You'll have to wait for someone more experienced with Brawl/ProjectEX to respond for a more detailed answer, but in order to add new sounds you must replace existing ones. In P:M and P:M Unbound, the method used replaces the sounds used by boss characters in the adventure mode, so a standard SAWND file won't work as it does with standard PSA's normally.

Last edited:

BearForceOne

Smash Rookie
i replaced the Lucina PSA in 0.3 with the V2 PSA and now she sounds like Marth again. Is there a quick fix for that at least? i assume i need to change the soundbank hex to something else but i really have no idea haha. sounds are the thing i know the least about so far

DeathChaos

Smash Rookie
i replaced the Lucina PSA in 0.3 with the V2 PSA and now she sounds like Marth again. Is there a quick fix for that at least? i assume i need to change the soundbank hex to something else but i really have no idea haha. sounds are the thing i know the least about so far
If i remember correctly, this is because @ SmashAmass SmashAmass edited Lucina's PSA and combined her sawnd file with Marth's, meaning in this mod, both Lucina and Marth are utilizing the same sawnd file.

You would have to set her soundbank to Marth's and also edit her .pac file accordingly if you want to change Lucina with another version.

I would suggest to simply drag/drop your Lucina files while keeping the .pac file from this mod, but I don't know how well that would work out.

BearForceOne

Smash Rookie
If i remember correctly, this is because @ SmashAmass SmashAmass edited Lucina's PSA and combined her sawnd file with Marth's, meaning in this mod, both Lucina and Marth are utilizing the same sawnd file.

You would have to set her soundbank to Marth's and also edit her .pac file accordingly if you want to change Lucina with another version.

I would suggest to simply drag/drop your Lucina files while keeping the .pac file from this mod, but I don't know how well that would work out.
So I'm just kind of guessing as I go with this.

Using brawlbox and looking at both .pac's side by side, the SubAction scripts SFX IntOffsets and sizes are different. Like I said, I know almost nothing about this stuff but I'd wager a guess and say that these offsets points to a sound file, right? So someone above just said that they replaced boss sound files to be used for the Ex characters. Is there some way to edit my new Lucina .pac numbers so I can just change the SFX stuff to identical values as the mods .pac? It won't let me edit them.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
So I'm just kind of guessing as I go with this.

Using brawlbox and looking at both .pac's side by side, the SubAction scripts SFX IntOffsets and sizes are different. Like I said, I know almost nothing about this stuff but I'd wager a guess and say that these offsets points to a sound file, right? So someone above just said that they replaced boss sound files to be used for the Ex characters. Is there some way to edit my new Lucina .pac numbers so I can just change the SFX stuff to identical values as the mods .pac? It won't let me edit them.
Let me just say that a majority of the sound effects modification was found myself; so you won't find any good resources online (trust me, I've tried). The only way you can give non-unbound characters sound effects is via PSA/BrawlBox/Sawndz experience. I'd suggest either replacing characters as a whole using other people's mods, or sticking with a mod that doesn't have sound effects via clone engine. Again, to ensure quality from this project, it's best to wait for us to work on these characters. We can't guarantee everything will be working when you mod it yourself.

PM666

Smash Cadet
I think Shadow would be a great addition, along with knuckles and tails. More sonic characters need to be added along with Waluigi. If i knew what to edit, PSA wise id start working on new characters :/

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
I'm a little confused. Weren't Ridley, Waluigi, and Shadow already included?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'm a little confused. Weren't Ridley, Waluigi, and Shadow already included?
Older version, they decided to rebuild from the ground up focusing every character on project M balance and removed those three then as Ridley and Waluigi were kind of weak, and Shadow was kind of meta knighty.

ShadowOne333

Smash Rookie
Older version, they decided to rebuild from the ground up focusing every character on project M balance and removed those three then as Ridley and Waluigi were kind of weak, and Shadow was kind of meta knighty.
That's actually what I was about to ask.
I was looking for a Shadow mod for Project M, and found out about this but it seems that they removed it from 0.3
WHY?! DX

DeathChaos

Smash Rookie
What is happening at the unbound team right now??
Amongst many things, were trying to Balance Lucina (as we feel she's a bit too good in some areas), trying to squash some bugs with Lucina, fixing some things here and there, and some other decisions that I am not allowed to disclose at this moment.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Ah, that makes sense. Agreed that Shadow was way strong. I'm hoping for the return of at least Ridley and Waluigi in the future!

falconxcrunner09

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to just add just Pichu someway to my current Project M build? I would rather not download and add the entire Unbound.

Last edited:

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
Is it possible to just add just Pichu someway to my current Project M build? I would rather not download and add the entire Unbound.
Well its not possible with regular project m which I assume is what you have but if you wanted you could go with project ex then copy everything that corresponds to pichu from this version and place it there.?

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
Im with falconxcrunner09 on this. This would be awesome, if the team could add the additional characters whilst keeping all official PM characters unchanged, and keep the PM tournament stages.

Cheers

DeathChaos

Smash Rookie
Im with falconxcrunner09 on this. This would be awesome, if the team could add the additional characters whilst keeping all official PM characters unchanged, and keep the PM tournament stages.

Cheers
All official PM Characters are untouched though, the only changes have been made to Lucina and Pichu.

The original PM Characters won't be touched by us, only by the PM team, we only balance the newcomers that are added with Unbound.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
A few bugs with 0.3 I noticed:
1. Mewtwo's blue skin is missing, with red and green css being switched.
2. Roy's Black skin is on blue team, with red and green switched.
3. Mewtwo and Pichu sfx are clashing.
4. When Mewtwo and Lucario battle, Lucario's aura sphere becomes shadow ball. Otherwise, Lucario's Aura sphere is invisible.
5. Wiimote sounds are janky, as in, Marth sfx for Lucina and Roy, Pikachu sfx for Pichu, and Lucario sfx for Mewtwo for the selection screen.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I tried it out, there's a bug I'd like to report... The Pichu palette swaps are still the 0.2 versions: Plusle and Minun and that... Weird green.

Is there a way to give the UI the Project M look? I prefer the space-purple over the glowey-blue. I can't wait to see new characters! I've heard the Geno and Scott Pilgrim are popular ones... It would also be pretty cool to see Dr. Mario as a separate fighter, with Mario's Fludd attack restored for more of a difference in gameplay. I hate direct clones.

Last edited:

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
A few bugs with 0.3 I noticed:
1. Mewtwo's blue skin is missing, with red and green css being switched.
2. Roy's Black skin is on blue team, with red and green switched.
3. Mewtwo and Pichu sfx are clashing.
4. When Mewtwo and Lucario battle, Lucario's aura sphere becomes shadow ball. Otherwise, Lucario's Aura sphere is invisible.
5. Wiimote sounds are janky.
A good portion of these problems are being worked on by the Unbound staff, but could you describe which wiimote sounds (and how) you feel are janky?

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Most likely you'd have to re-apply; since a majority of the staff is newcomers as well. Jasgx said it was necessary to re-apply, so contact either me or him with your application and some of your material you've done! If you want to be a part of the Beta program, same deal, but we need gameplay footage instead.
...I already have gameplay footage. so @ jasgx jasgx , pls add me back bby

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Sorry For Lack Of Updates guys due to school i can only work on this during the weekends

Top Bottom