• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Theytah's Custom Build: 9 Lives and Still Kicking!

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
  • Ditto Image over the random slot.

That about sold it for me. Probably gonna get this now. But is this possible if my SD card is over 2GB (it's 16) if I use Letterbomb? Cause PM launches with Letterbomb, I was just wondering if your build does.

Diraga

Smash Cadet
My SD card can hold 1.97 GB but for some reason the 1.98 GB card can't hold it. (I have formatted the card)

Would anybody be willing to help me?
Just delete a few .brstm files from the strm folder. That should free up some space.

Pika_thunder

Smash Apprentice
This is a great pack! nice job! you are really cool. I haven't tested this yet but is that melee battlefield? If it isn't disregard this. I am wondering why you would include Melee battlefield's odd ledges over brawl battlefield's edges? Is there a way to revert this to brawl? Sorry if I come off as a noob, but I never played melee at a high level, And have no sentimental attachment to those dang ledges!

Other than that this is perfect!

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
This is a great pack! nice job! you are really cool. I haven't tested this yet but is that melee battlefield? If it isn't disregard this. I am wondering why you would include Melee battlefield's sub-par ledges over brawl's battle field with better edges? Is there a way to revert this to brawl? Sorry if I come off as a noob, but I never played melee at a high level, And have no sentimental attachment to
Those dang ledges!
Other than that this is perfect!
The collisions of the stage in melee are the EXACT same as brawls.

Nannose

Smash Rookie
You misspelled the word "tournaments" in the description text for tournament mode.

Could you just tell me how to find the text and edit it myself so I don't have to redownload the whole thing?

Also, why is Gusty Garden Galaxy sped up?

Last edited:

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
Smashvil's camera stays zoomed in at times
Shiek's green wii fit texture gives off green flashes on the screen
Zelda's green wii fit texture has no dress making it difficult to land a attack

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
You misspelled the word "tournaments" in the description text for tournament mode.

Could you just tell me how to find the text and edit it myself so I don't have to redownload the whole thing?

Also, why is Gusty Garden Galaxy sped up?
Fixed the spelling

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
But for real, is this possible to use when my SD card is 16GB (I know, it's a lot. Great for modding) if I use Letterbomb?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Actually, vBrawl Battlefield's collisions are different from Melee Battlefield's, however, P:M Battlefield's has the same collisions as Melee's, but the look of vBrawl's.
I know, I meant in my build. (as in the melee battlefield has the same as brawls battlefield used in PM)

Molma

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3652-0643-3937
My 3.02 build doesn't break the audio on dolphin
It's not the modpack, its Project M itself. Somehow the new system they setup causes all custom music to have really bad audio crackle on the dolphin emulator. I have checked in multiple places and have found that this situation is decently well known, but I have no idea if there will be a fix for it. To use this in PM 3.0 would be nice, but I haven't the idea on how to properly change the files over (if there is a difference).

DraconisMarch

Smash Apprentice
I tried just taking the Abandoned Factory .pac and .rel files to replace Pictochat on my regular Project M, but it froze the game. x.x

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Replaced the wii fit trainers on zelda and sheik, fixed the clocktower camera, fixed the spelling of tournaments, added new characters, fixed some CSPs, changed some stage asthetics, added the female announcer sound effects.

I'm gonna update the to do list in the OP with some stuff that I'm gonna do, also, anyone know how to add a poll to the main post?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Did some fixing up on Hyrule/eldin castle 64.

Also did some fixes so that Dreamland and Kongo Jungle 64 are HD!

Necrojinsei

Smash Cadet
Well done as always! I love the build and it only gets better and better. Me and my friends love it! The only thing we don't like though is the awkwardness of the southern fairy island. The stage compared to the others is large and has the water element to it, making it considerably slower to play one in terms of gameplay. But in other news, man that Big Blue stage is so cool and reminiscent of melee, best stage yet!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Well done as always! I love the build and it only gets better and better. Me and my friends love it! The only thing we don't like though is the awkwardness of the southern fairy island. The stage compared to the others is large and has the water element to it, making it considerably slower to play one in terms of gameplay. But in other news, man that Big Blue stage is so cool and reminiscent of melee, best stage yet!
In the newest version, the water on that stage is gone. :) also a HUGE update is coming soon!

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
NEW AWESOME STUFF! So I found a way to make it so that every character can have their own name show for each costume instead of the whole character, also please look at my signature for a poll. I could make it so that each of the character names are replaced by a phrase said by them (for example: "Whats the matter, scared?" for wolf).

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Added in HD dreamland 64, HD kongo jungle 64, and HD balanced Hyrule 64 Night Eldin, all fixed up myself :)
my newest skin: Raichu (with correct and completely redone textures in the max resolution) is added too, it's been optimized and causes 0 lag :)

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
NEW AWESOME STUFF! So I found a way to make it so that every character can have their own name show for each costume instead of the whole character, also please look at my signature for a poll. I could make it so that each of the character names are replaced by a phrase said by them (for example: "Whats the matter, scared?" for wolf).
Could you tell me how to place custom names for every costume?
I'd really like that for costumes that are other characters over the originals.

MadScience

Smash Rookie
Thanks for this pack, I like it a lot, but here are some things that I found:
  • The Final Destination song Frudgefat should be Fuguefat by The Octopus Project
  • Battlefield song Feint should be White Lights by Djuro.
I didn't check the rest of the thread, so IDK if it's been fixed but:
  • Zero Suit Samus vs Kirby always freezes the game (at least for me).
  • Kirby's blue yarn costume also bugs out sometimes. Kirby will disappear and a stretched out texture will cover the screen.
  • Once I fell through the stage on Spear Pillar as Peach. Don't know what was up with that. Has only happened once of the dozens of times I've played on the stage.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Thanks for this pack, I like it a lot, but here are some things that I found:
  • The Final Destination song Frudgefat should be Fuguefat by The Octopus Project
  • Battlefield song Feint should be White Lights by Djuro.
I didn't check the rest of the thread, so IDK if it's been fixed but:
  • Zero Suit Samus vs Kirby always freezes the game (at least for me).
  • Kirby's blue yarn costume also bugs out sometimes. Kirby will disappear and a stretched out texture will cover the screen.
  • Once I fell through the stage on Spear Pillar as Peach. Don't know what was up with that. Has only happened once of the dozens of times I've played on the stage.
Already Fixed the blue kirby skin.
I've fallen through spear pillar as olimar too, I've replaced the stage now (only aesthetically) but I'll check it out.
I'm gonna test all the combinations of kirby vs ZSS to make sure about that too.
White lights is already fixed, Im going to re-import that song too so its not as loud.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Could you tell me how to place custom names for every costume?
I'd really like that for costumes that are other characters over the originals.
It requires a lot of modding inside of the common5.pac so you'll need to have info on menu/UI modification

MadScience

Smash Rookie
Already Fixed the blue kirby skin.
I've fallen through spear pillar as olimar too, I've replaced the stage now (only aesthetically) but I'll check it out.
I'm gonna test all the combinations of kirby vs ZSS to make sure about that too.
White lights is already fixed, Im going to re-import that song too so its not as loud.
Cool, thanks. I was wondering, is it possible to just replace a stage or two by just dragging and dropping from original PM files or is it more complicated than that?

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
http://youtu.be/ff_qK9Mr9_k theres a link to my guide on stage/song/costume replacing.

Short answer yes, but you need the right .rel files
I just noticed your a backroomer. Groovy.

Also you should post that video in your signature. I just watched it you have no idea how helpful it is.
Dumb question though if I change the music files I should still be able to play online right? (with vanilla wifi 3.02 I mean)

P.S Love the mod. Roommates prefer this to the original P:M 3.02 package.

Last edited:
Top Bottom