• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Stage Discussion Thread

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
I want a good version of New Pork City, like in the vein of the new Distant Planet and Rumble Falls.

Mostly because I always loved the odd liquid greyish background that level had.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Here's that really good Final Needle stage I was talking about, since the vault finally worked long enough to find it. The layout is really interesting, though it's hard to see it well from the angle of the pictures. It's one rocky platform with the center area (in front of the needle) being raised higher than the edges, with a floating platform on the left.

Here's the link and pictures.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28285

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Saturn Valley is all the game needs to be complete. An iconic location shared between both MOTHER reps would be fantastic.
Just hope the pmbr get a decent working expansion thrown out eventually with good stages.
It's be pretty hilarious if one of the Saturn houses spawned Mr. Saturns that walked out of it, then you could pick them up and toss them around...

I want a good version of New Pork City, like in the vein of the new Distant Planet and Rumble Falls.

Mostly because I always loved the odd liquid greyish background that level had.
There's one out there on the vault, I think Brawl Minus comes packed with it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I hate Summit M. So much. My ideal Summit would be to take out the ice chunk, the icicle, make the two platforms at the top on either side of the ice chunk one big platform to make up for the loss of ice chunk, and make the cloud go from side to side instead of straight across and to the blast zone. Maybe take out that one platform that drops, and if kept, make it not do that.
Personally I prefer Jungle Japes to Kongo Jungle, but I still like Kongo Jungle too. Lets keep all the DK stages pls. I love them all.
Get rid of Big Blue. Port Town is a lot less frustrating.
I miss Mario Kart but I'm glad we have Peach Castle now so its eh. Rainbow Cruise needs to die. Its almost as bad as Icicle mountain. Maybe then we can get Mario Kart back :'(
I think we could do without Pictochat but I don't hate it so w/e.
I'm still for Dracula's Castle becoming Luigi's Mansion or Bowser's Castle. Keep the layout though, I dig it.
Someone give New Pork the Skyloft treatment, pretty please.

There ya go. There's ma thoughts.
Wait, you hate Summit M the Brawlvault stage, or the Summit currently in Project M? I just can't see what's wrong with Summit M, since it tries to be a nice neutral stage (maybe shrink it slightly) with some flavor. I love the polar bear watching and ice themes are neat.

I hate Big Blue and Cruise as well. There's a fantastic, FANTASTIC Rice Beach stage that could go over it. I also still think they need to replace something with splat's Bowser's Castle and Clock Tower stages. Man, once I found those I've never been without them. Too good.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I'm all for another Fire Emblem stage. 3 characters from FE with a 4th ranked highly for a clone slot, but only having 1 FE stage could be met with a second. Do you have a level/design in mind from FE7 to be made into a stage?

Edit: Because I think something based off of

Could be cool. Specifically the section between the portal and the group of Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, and Athos.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
That Rice Beach looks fun. I'm not big into modding my Wii though so unless it gets in an official release I probably won't use it.

Shin F.

Smash Master
That Rice Beach looks fun. I'm not big into modding my Wii though so unless it gets in an official release I probably won't use it.
You don't need to mod it any more than you already have to play Project M. Literally, you just put the files with the proper names in the proper place on the SD card... assuming that the mod is compatible with Project M, of course. Otherwise, you could get another SD Card, get a GCT with the File Replacement Code and No Custom Stages code on it, and start a completely custom SD Card full of things. You don't ever need to actually modify your Wii to use these things.

Ginge

Smash Ace
The only reason I'm making a big deal about wanting these stages in the official release is so that they are viable options for tournaments. Whether they end up being tournament legal or not is another question :p

Putting in our custom stages into our specific Project M files is cool and all. But I like to keep with the official set.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'm all for another Fire Emblem stage. 3 characters from FE with a 4th ranked highly for a clone slot, but only having 1 FE stage could be met with a second. Do you have a level/design in mind from FE7 to be made into a stage?

Could be cool. Specifically the section between the portal and the group of Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, and Athos.
Yeah the dragon's gate was basically what I was thinking, but I couldn't find the pic in time lol.

Shin F.

Smash Master
The only reason I'm making a big deal about wanting these stages in the official release is so that they are viable options for tournaments. Whether they end up being tournament legal or not is another question :p

Putting in our custom stages into our specific Project M files is cool and all. But I like to keep with the official set.
The same, but there's no reason you can't have them there for your personal set. I usually have one Project M SD Card with no extra mods, and then another SD Card where I just go crazy and put whatever random crap I want on it, lol. They're both equally fun.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I also need to find a way to mod my files on my Mac if I were to get into customizing Project M.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87

For Fire Emblem, it's hard to come up with stages. When I played Awakening though, it hit me. Grima. Play on his back. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who thought of this idea

Just imagine playing that with this for the background:

Or this:

For Earthbound, I agree. Saturn Valley would be ideal. Either that or New Pork City reimagined. I never really liked Fourside. I've always felt that Saffron City was superior at least.

For Wario, I think the SS Teacup would be even better since it spans multiple games. Although we already have Pirate Ship. so meh.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
This is my favorite song from the whole Awakening OST. It only plays in one chapter. The chapter itself is very easy, but emotional. Its after a big turning point in the story and this song brought the feels. Hard. If we can get this song on that Grima stage idea I'm all for it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Are you talking about this one?
Yeah, that one! It's excellent!

As for finding a balance between competitive and "fun" stages (I think competitive stages that look cool are the most fun.) I think that'd be a good cause for work on a better stage expansion. That way we could have stages like Summit, Rainbow Ride etc. as wel as Rice Beach, Summit M, Final Needle and other cool stages.

Seriously though. Splat's Bowser's Castle and Clock Tower are the ****, you guys should look em up, I also like the idea of either that Grima's back stage, or the FE7 one.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Really? It doesn't work that far back? I know it works for 10.6.8 because that's where I originally got it working...
Yeah. It doesn't let me open the application. Kinda sucks since it took two hours to download.

Picture 6.png

Also, since we're talking about Wario Land, why Toy Block Tower from 4?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Yeah. It doesn't let me open the application. Kinda sucks since it took two hours to download.

View attachment 5103

Also, since we're talking about Wario Land, why Toy Block Tower from 4?
So brawlbox app for mac doesn't open? D:

Also... I think the FE7 stage would work over the second stage of the original castle siege. Maybe change the background artwork and add some ledges to grab onto.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Just gonna throw out my own personal stage want list.
Don't mind me.

I NEED back termina bay. With none of the brawl water mechanics.
I personally want back Melee's Mute city. I always played there a lot but I almost never play at the brawl version.
I loved Mushroom kingdom 1 and 2 from melee as well.
I want luigi's mansion back. I'd like to keep dracula's castle at the same time though.
Spear Pillar. #Shotsfired
Warioware with microgames.
Peach's castle (64) WITH THE BUMPER.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Yeah, that one! It's excellent!

As for finding a balance between competitive and "fun" stages (I think competitive stages that look cool are the most fun.) I think that'd be a good cause for work on a better stage expansion. That way we could have stages like Summit, Rainbow Ride etc. as wel as Rice Beach, Summit M, Final Needle and other cool stages.

Seriously though. Splat's Bowser's Castle and Clock Tower are the ****, you guys should look em up, I also like the idea of either that Grima's back stage, or the FE7 one.

Where are splat's other stages anyway? I know he has a thread for his stages in the Customized Content section but I can only find the download link for Bowser's Castle. Are there links for others? Cause that Clock Tower stage you mentioned sounds cool.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Just gonna throw out my own personal stage want list.
Don't mind me.

I NEED back termina bay. With none of the brawl water mechanics.
I personally want back Melee's Mute city. I always played there a lot but I almost never play at the brawl version.
I loved Mushroom kingdom 1 and 2 from melee as well.
I want luigi's mansion back. I'd like to keep dracula's castle at the same time though.
Spear Pillar. #Shotsfired
Warioware with microgames.
Peach's castle (64) WITH THE BUMPER.
I wouldn't mind Mute City and Peach's Castle. Mute City if I recall was hacked into brawl by some person. But the two of them are still viable tourney stages. I can't see Spear Pillar, Warioware because stages are already used. Termina could be replaced by killing jungle japes, I guess...

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'd be for Spear Pillar if it was modified a bit. Like if the background Pokemon were just there for looks and didn't impact my play >>;
That's the best thing about it.

I hate the bottom portion because of reasons but the Pokemon make for a nice touch.
I wouldn't mind Mute City and Peach's Castle. Mute City if I recall was hacked into brawl by some person. But the two of them are still viable tourney stages. I can't see Spear Pillar, Warioware because stages are already used. Termina could be replaced by killing jungle japes, I guess...
These are merely the stages I would of liked to enhance my personal Project M experience.

Nothing that the whole game should be changed over.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Where are splat's other stages anyway? I know he has a thread for his stages in the Customized Content section but I can only find the download link for Bowser's Castle. Are there links for others? Cause that Clock Tower stage you mentioned sounds cool.

Lemme find the thread it's in. It's similar in format to his Bowser's Castle stage, but the background is amazing, and it's just got a really cool feeling to it.

Here:

The stage itself turns very slowly (just for graphical effect) and the background is fully decked out 360 degrees around, the gears move, and there's windows with light coming in. One of my absolute favorites.

And here's the thread it's in, with a DL link to it and several other amazing stages, a few of which I've been using, with SSS icons and everything included.

http://smashboards.com/threads/adapting-stages-to-p-m.336659/

Shin F.

Smash Master
Lemme find the thread it's in. It's similar in format to his Bowser's Castle stage, but the background is amazing, and it's just got a really cool feeling to it.

Here:

The stage itself turns very slowly (just for graphical effect) and the background is fully decked out 360 degrees around, the gears move, and there's windows with light coming in. One of my absolute favorites.

And here's the thread it's in, with a DL link to it and several other amazing stages, a few of which I've been using, with SSS icons and everything included.

Oooh, wow. I think I've actually got a Castlevania version that stage (or a very similar one) on my custom ASL. It's really awesome and fun to play on. I think I'll end up replacing it, though, because I like the Zelda theme better...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's made to go over Pirate Ship, which I was fine putting it over, just because I also wanted alot of music selections, but one of those stages that is a little TOO hectic like Big Blue's probably a good choice too, since I know Pirate Ship is pretty popular.

Shin F.

Smash Master
It's made to go over Pirate Ship, which I was fine putting it over, just because I also wanted alot of music selections, but one of those stages that is a little TOO hectic like Big Blue's probably a good choice too, since I know Pirate Ship is pretty popular.
Does the stage module converter work with Project M?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord

Here:

Whoa that looks cool, a nice alternative to Bowser's Castle for sure!

I'll download it so I can put it in when the inevitable 3.0b comes out. No sense in putting in my custom content when a bug fix is soon on the way, heh.

Hopefully splat can get on with his other stages since they all look cool.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Wait how do I use that lakora thing? I plan on putting Clock Tower over Rainbow Cruise, do I download the program or what cuz it just takes me to a page that says "Error: please specify the base .rel (base)"

Top Bottom