• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Falco feels different, but good. There's a certain stickiness that is actually advantageous to me, as it allows me to exert more preciseness and speed. I can't believe it, I think this is better than melee. All that's left is LD, it'll be perfect then.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I have to say, one thing that pisses me off is that if I dash right, but hit the C-stick even the slightest bit left my character turns around to do a dash attack, it happens so often because I always dash and tap down on the control-stick to do a dash attack, was it really like this in melee?

Ulevo

Smash Master
If I had to choose between Brawl DI being fixed and landing detection being fixed, I'd take the Brawl DI myself. Characters still move away too easily.

I have to say, one thing that pisses me off is that if I dash right, but hit the C-stick even the slightest bit left my character turns around to do a dash attack, it happens so often because I always dash and tap down on the control-stick to do a dash attack, was it really like this in melee?
No it wasn't. This is a bug, and it's been reported on www.smashmods.com

Ecks

Smash Lord
I just tried pm using 10 frames of buffer...So I won't be doing that again.

How does pm feel on wifi anyway?

Revven

FrankerZ
No it wasn't. This is a bug, and it's been reported on www.smashmods.com
Magus said:
You're hitting the c-stick at an angle instead of straight down. That's why you're only getting it going to the right. It's not specific to IDAing, but rather c-sticking dash attack during a DD and the slight angle on the c-stick press causes you to both pivot and do the DA.

Dunno if you saw that on smashmods.

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
Turns out my copy of Brawl, which I thought I left in my brother's dorm room, has disappeared.

Fffffff**** I want to play this game so bad!

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
sorry if i'm being oblivious but what's that thing in PM where if you hold the joystick towards the ledge with sheik but still facing away, she kind of stays there. is there a name for it and do other characters have the same ability?

i'm asking because i was playing online and accidentally did that and got surprised and died haha

Odessa

Smash Cadet
I might just make a mini combo video right now...

i have so much footage i dont wanna upload every single match lmao
Just grind through it.

So much **** footage. You'll be regarded as a king. Also, Lucas is terrible. Confirming. <3

UltyBomber77

Smash Cadet
LOL I love it when the announcer in the wiimote says "failure!" But, since I use a Wiimote+Nunchuck, I feel a bit instulted as well.

Btw I'm having trouble double-jumping with tap-jump on the Wiichuck. :/ I have to push the joystick up to the limit compared to gently moving it up a little like I usually do. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, I'm not very good at explaining things like this :p

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
My only complaint is the lack of an unlimited stage camera in the gct. Will placing it affect the Melee camera code, or will it not matter? Also, big props to the team. My little brother is a little pissed since he loves Brawl Marth, but he found P:M Zelda so fun he quickly forgot. Awesome job on the demo, couldn't be happier with it. Also, what's with the complaints over Lucas? The new B is a bit of a gimmick but I still greatly prefer him to the Lucas in other mods.

Revven

FrankerZ
sorry if i'm being oblivious but what's that thing in PM where if you hold the joystick towards the ledge with sheik but still facing away, she kind of stays there. is there a name for it and do other characters have the same ability?

i'm asking because i was playing online and accidentally did that and got surprised and died haha
Yes she can still wall cling but unlike in Brawl you can let go of the stick and she will stop doing it.

Btw I'm having trouble double-jumping with tap-jump on the Wiichuck. :/ I have to push the joystick up to the limit compared to gently moving it up a little like I usually do. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, I'm not very good at explaining things like this :p
The sensitivity for tap jumping was fine tuned so it wasn't as extremely sensitive as it used to be (messing with some people's abilities to up tilt consistently... for instance). It is stated on the site under general changes.

JediKnightTemplar: You won't have an easy time adding it back in if you try, just sayin.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I just want to say that this is an amazing mod. Probably the best, and it's only the demo.

I have but one problem. I'm using Riivolution and for some reason the game freezes randomly when I'm choosing a stage. I probably shouldn't be posting this here >_> but idk where the support thread is and I'm too hyped to go search for it lol. Maybe I'm doin somethin wrong?

UltyBomber77

Smash Cadet
The sensitivity for tap jumping was fine tuned so it wasn't as extremely sensitive as it used to be (messing with some people's abilities to up tilt consistently... for instance). It is stated on the site under general changes.
It's a little too unresponisive imo. When I used a classic controller or GC, i didn't have any problems with joystick sensitivity :p Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Any stage that doesn't have a .pac is unchanged right? (I know they should be but I don't know if they have codes to modify things like that)

I need to add my Smashville texture to my game.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Very awesome job, still a bit off from melee mostly due to landing detection. You ought to have more of the fixed up versions of stages in that zip, like F Zero and pirate ship.

Also, jiggly's down gravity is too strong, makes recoveries really hard, and limits a lot of her aerials.

Stevo

Smash Champion
alright so this will mostly get missed with how popular this thread is right now but...

First Impressions from a melee veteran

-Landing Detection is not as bad as I thought it would be, I got 75% used to it in half and hour. Will be hard to delete like 10 years of muscle memory though! (this still might get fixed, however)
-Wavedash out of shield is TERRIBLE, this annoyed me much more than landing detection. (I love WD OoS)
-All attacks, even say, up smash, can be ledge cancelled it seems under some circumstances (I think when you hit someone)
-DI potency doesnt seem to annoy me as much as I thought it would
-All the characters included in the demo play smoothly and are enjoyable
-The game overall is looking and feeling awesome

Great job!

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
uhhh i need some help with my project m, see i downloaded the hackless zip file and when i try to play online, everything is fine till the waiting room, that is when it says my friend is brawling and i am brawling non-stop, then it says connection lost, and my wii freezes but silently, plz tell me how to fix.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The online installer ask you if you want team colors and other thing I cant remember; what are these things? Are they in the zip files as well?
Characters like Sonic, Pokemon Trainer, and Lucario have very vague team colors. Installing those will give you more distinguished red and green Sonic textures.

MasterRaichu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EddieJ86
3DS FC
2337-4950-9512
The demo is great guys! I played around with it for about an hour or so myself, and I'll be playing with friends later in the week. From just messing around, I think the game plays really well!

Let me know if you guys want some help hosting mirrors for Project:M, friends of mine and I lease a dedicated server. We'd be happy to host you guys.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I have a minor complaint about footstooling; since u-taunt doesn't really do anything in the air, it seems like one could just mash it to get the footstool without worrying about timing. I don't know if the team has put an error window, since I don't have a friend test it with. If y'all haven't, it might be something to consider, if it is possible code-wise.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I guess I see where you are coming, but from my point of view it just seems to me as silly to not have them on the website when they are on the demo.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I managed to toy around with the demo for quite some time today! I found someone else to play with online, and we were extremely lucky to enjoy 10 or so lag free matches. Gameplay wise, I couldn't be any happier! Character wise however, I do have one major complaint. What the heck is wrong with Lucas?

Lucas' only viable aerial is his nair, his smash attacks are far too predictable, and his new neutral special takes far too long to charge. Much more work needs to be done on Lucas you guys!

User33

Smash Journeyman
How will character PSAs work in Project M? Obviously they won't be balanced around the rest of the cast, but will they still work somewhat normally?

Kati

Smash Lord
Loving the demo, so I am merely curious when I ask this:

1) is Falco's reflector supposed to be able to kill? the knockback gets pretty crazy for such a fast move.

2) is there a chance that Zelda won't go into special fall after using din's fire in later versions?

Everything else is super snazzy.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I managed to toy around with the demo for quite some time today! I found someone else to play with online, and we were extremely lucky to enjoy 10 or so lag free matches. Gameplay wise, I couldn't be any happier! Character wise however, I do have one major complaint. What the heck is wrong with Lucas?

Lucas' only viable aerial is his nair, his smash attacks are far too predictable, and his new neutral special takes far too long to charge. Much more work needs to be done on Lucas you guys!
Lucas Back Air and forward air are good, havnt even tried his up air much. His smashes can come in use edgeguarding and such

basically, I mostly disagree.

Maybe some fine tuning, but not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom