• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

94teen

Smash Cadet
For what it's worth, I'd be more than happy to work on character pages if it's at all helpful to the project. If the coders are too busy, you know, actually making the project work, it only makes sense for someone else to do the other stuff.

Maybe one of the other alpha-testers who isn't coding has the time/motivation to work on character pages? Not to seem impatient/ungrateful or anything, it just seems like updating that really isn't a big deal if one or two people become responsible for it.

humble

Smash Ace
For what it's worth, I'd be more than happy to work on character pages if it's at all helpful to the project. If the coders are too busy, you know, actually making the project work, it only makes sense for someone else to do the other stuff.

Maybe one of the other alpha-testers who isn't coding has the time/motivation to work on character pages? Not to seem impatient/ungrateful or anything, it just seems like updating that really isn't a big deal if one or two people become responsible for it.
I would have to agree with 94 here. Unless you guys are really opposed to allowing new people on the team, having someone whose main focus is the blog would really help in getting updates, and promote even more hype for P:M. Why not add to the main post that aside from Programmers you are also looking for someone to work on smashmods? That way none of the current team is being pulled away from the project to go update the blog, and we get to see the amazing progress you've made and get hyped. As long as you double check every update before it goes on the blog and control the updates, I see no reason why it wouldn't be a good idea.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
WOW about melee physics, you guys are making some awfully big progress in so little time. I can't wait to see those physics(I'm hyped again >.<). BTW, I was watching some of Cuba's and JC's videos and I see that CC is very good. A question on the physics though, do they include perfect friction?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah shanus, would it be easy to provide a list of all exact values that you obtained (not per character, just each category)? Unless you found absolutely everything for velocities that you'll ever need, it'd be nice to know if there's a few artifacts here and there that would still be needed.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I wouldn't say "Perfect" yet, but we're trying to get friction as close as possible to perfect. :)

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Is getting the Melee SFX back possible? I think some of the sounds, especially hit sounds and things like Yoshi's grab sounds, are much better in Melee than in Brawl...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh certainly, but you'd have to use Riiv or ISO loading for it to work (as you probably already know). Actually, they already got the shine sound back (or they used the item pickup sound for it I think).

Falco400 did have a wiki setup for documenting exact frames on which sounds would begin.

However, my concern would be just getting Melee's common effects back (hits, elemental sounds, etc.). It'd be easier and have a larger impact overall.

EDIT: Partial ninja.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Falco, eh SFX Pack is like...HUGE right? Akso, can someone point me in the direction of a good riivolution guide? I run the game from my disc atm and i need to learn how to do it with riivolution just to be prepared

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think it's about 22MB or so. As for a guide, either look in the OP of the thread on the general page or look in the Tutorial and FAQ section for the Riiv Q&A thread.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
i see thx, Somehow i didn't notice it in the OP, gotta look now :). And only 22megs fir the SFX is a GREAT deal. I thought it would be huge
Edit: Still a good deal ds22
EditEdit: I had in mind that it would be like 500mb xD

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
So now that actual Melee physics values are available for each character, how set in stone will they be? (I understand that some tweaks might have to made to incorporate them into the Brawl engine properly)

I'm referring more to what they might do for the balance. If the returning characters are made only to feel as close to possible as their Melee counterparts in their physics, it may end up nerfing a few of them in relativity. I wouldn't be opposed to some minor tweaking of those physics when there's a clear need for it (hopefully to buff moreso than nerf).

And now that these values are out there, I'd LOVE to see Toon Link revamped to feel more like Young Link did. Though I'm sure that idea would meet a lot of contention.

94teen

Smash Cadet
And now that these values are out there, I'd LOVE to see Toon Link revamped to feel more like Young Link did. Though I'm sure that idea would meet a lot of contention.
I'd be okay with that. As long as Toon Link keeps his bair. That thing could be awesome with melee physics.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
stage pack
sfx pack
melee character visual pack
project m

I think i might need to buy an 8 gig SD card

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
hey is hyrule castle going to come with project M b/c it was in the trailer? and if so what stage will it replace if any?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
i think 2 gig sds are the largest thing the wii takes =[
Well if it's larger than 2 gigs (a.k.a an SDHC card), it won't recognize textures...or music...or anything custom besides the gct...so basically yeah if you want to mod Brawl you can't have anything larger than 2 gigs.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Was that a teams match? I haven't recorded any of those yet. Dunno if I'm going to. There were way too many good 1v1s and that's what people really wanna see anyway.

Revven

FrankerZ
make sure you have the latest DL64 download and get some vids on there.
It desyncs the replay(s) if he updates it for some reason. The newer DL64 isn't included on the SVN for some reason either (though it really should be).

Edit: LOL I double posted, i'm bad. D:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I know it's not a great quality video (the first one JC has up; and I mean in terms of capture quality), but I'd agree with the notion about working with the stock tick images to make them much easier to see (someone had said it a while back). It's not a major concern, but it's also probably not a difficult fix at least from observation.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
o.o i dont think that gaw was me, I never played a dk in singles :p

wait, yes i did. i just blocked it out of my memory =[

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
No. No clone engine.

Hyrule Castle 64 currently replaces Bridge of Eldin. May change that once we bother/if one already exists fantabulous SSS Code.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
o.o i dont think that gaw was me, I never played a dk in singles :p

wait, yes i did. i just blocked it out of my memory =[
Yeah, Count Kaiser and I don't have that beast tech skill, that's definitely you :bee:

I had 2 singles vids of your G&W.

I'll consider uploading the team vids if I get some free time for it, but honestly it's unlikely. Maybe if you guys didn't save so many **** matches... maybe just the ones with Boss in them, but it's so much easier to just ignore them. We'll see.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol if only gaw could do technical things :p

that match vs. his shiek was painful =[

you didnt upload the first one in the set though

94teen

Smash Cadet
A lot of people seem to be going for the full jab combo with falcon. Is that because they're missing the gentleman, or for some other reason?

D

Deleted member

Is the option to use an aerial immediately from your ledge jump going to exist in P:M?

I'm all for it, but I could see it present problems with certain planky characters whores like Marth, Sheik, and Jigglypuff or outright good characters like Fox and Falco. It does give characters like Ike and Ganon versatility though.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Yeah, Count Kaiser and I don't have that beast tech skill, that's definitely you :bee:
When I watch your G&W and then compare it to mine this is what I get:

JCaesar needs to step up his tech skills.
Though Plum needs to step up his spacing and zoning...
My G&W is faster than yours just because I use wavedashing/wavelands for most of my traveling but you're still a better overall player... :(

Loving the Boss matches... His Mario is so hot.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hey guys, sorry but I won't be able to get up the Boss vs Chu matches tonight. Expect them on Wednesday around dinner time. Save the best for last!

I also apologize for the new music on my Wario Ware. Blame Thunderhorse :p

Have TH's saves? /repeat
No I do not. I have sooo many matches on my Wii I don't really want em...

Is the option to use an aerial immediately from your ledge jump going to exist in P:M?

I'm all for it, but I could see it present problems with certain planky characters whores like Marth, Sheik, and Jigglypuff or outright good characters like Fox and Falco. It does give characters like Ike and Ganon versatility though.
I like it. I haven't taken the time to think through all the possible abuses it might have but I haven't really seen anything that would be harmful to the metagame, so until someone like M2K comes along and shows us why it's broken, I think it should stay the way it is.

When I watch your G&W and then compare it to mine this is what I get:

JCaesar needs to step up his tech skills.
Though Plum needs to step up his spacing and zoning...
My G&W is faster than yours just because I use wavedashing/wavelands for most of my traveling but you're still a better overall player... :(

Loving the Boss matches... His Mario is so hot.
Tech skill has always been one of my biggest weaknesses. Shaky hands runs in my family. You should see me hold out my hand and try to keep it steady, it's hilarious :laugh:

I was better at Brawl than I ever was at Melee, and I placed in the money in at least half of the Brawl+ tourneys I entered and even won teams at DSO2 ($100 yeahuhz!) which is my biggest tournament accomplishment to date in any smash game. I doubt very much I will do that well in Project M. But I don't really care. Melee-style gameplay is 1000x more fun and that's all it boils down to for me.

If we ever run into each other (Apex or Pound V? *crosses fingers*) we should G&W ditto MM. P:M and Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom