• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
do you notice something

do you notice something that is not there to be noticed

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I'm cool. Working through organic chem2 this semester. Been 4 years since I took the first half ;x that was a stupid decision...

Other than that, same old stuff. Volunteering at a local animal shelter, because my gf wanted to go and pet their cats, so that's pretty fun : D

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I was trying to retire and quit PM, but the local scene keeps hosting stuff so I still play from time to time. I don't have the same competitive drive and excitement to travel and improve like I used to. While I love the local guys, I've basically been at a relative plateau for quite some time and there's no way around it besides moving or frequently visiting strong, active scenes.

Even with the Texas PM Circuit, I dunno if I'm really gonna travel or try to get on a Texas PR. I'd probably burn out whatever interest I had in PM entirely if I tried doing multiple of those events across the state.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
I've been recently playing some Yugioh Duel Links. It's fun to make silly decks and fight people. If anyone wants to battle sometime my ID is 450-629-217

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh man, I remember this thread. Of course it's gone completely down hill since I stopped posting in it.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
been watching jojo lately, and playing a lot of PM of course, mostly keyboard practice for when smashbox comes out

kickstarter was supposed to be in january though, dustin why

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
do you notice something

do you notice something that is not there to be noticed
I'm sorryyyy I knew I would forget someone :s h-how are you?

As for how I've been, things have been going okay. I've just been working my job.. and doing the same thing... everyday. Oh yeah, I've been ****posting in Kurri's discord a lot too. I've also been interested in getting back into PM and finding a local. If anyone knows of one in or around Westchester county NY, lemme know dude. But anyways I'm glad you guys have been okay.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
there's a tag limit on smashboards. I want to say it's 5. Prevents things like the above from being obnoxious to everyone.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Everyone should watch Kobayashi Dragon Maid

Oh yeah, I've been ****posting in Kurri's discord a lot too.
Also follow Rob's example and do this.

Don't worry, it's not like last time. We actually killed the Smash 4. And it's so much nicer now.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
tbh all I want from discord is a place to listen to people theorycraft about pm or other games

I use pms because it's basically an extension of The project m social thread which is a bunch of people that I've "known" for like three years

trying to build that from scratch sounds like a pain if there's no theorycrafting involved

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Discord is bad for anything worth keeping. Overblown implementation of IRC.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Discord will be golden when they implement search feature

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
!!!!

Time to rewind time and find greatest discord posts

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Yo bruhs, I just got 3rd Strike running in mame. I was 2 when this **** came out and now I'm mad because this **** is GODLY. And now I'm madder becuz all anyone plays is V becuz of capbucks.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yo bruhs, I just got 3rd Strike running in mame. I was 2 when this **** came out and now I'm mad because this **** is GODLY. And now I'm madder becuz all anyone plays is V becuz of capbucks.
Just use Fightcade. There's always at least 50+ people in the lobby to play with

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Third Strike is a super legit game. Parry is kinda bull****, but it allows for beautiful comebacks and real REAL hard god damn reads and plays.

Although frankly I'd play any SF that has Dudley.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Hey @Warchamp7, are there any available stats as far as censor usage on Smashboards? Has the censor changed over time at all? And if you have no idea is there anyone I could/should ask instead?

I'm working on a linguistics paper for a class. If that data exists in any way and I could see any of it, I'd have a really solid foundation for my paper - otherwise I can make do with surveys and using whatever I can find, but I figured I should at least check.

Also hope everyone's having a good Valentine's Day

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I meant to post this earlier, but whatever.

Roses are red and also a flower, this hand of mine glows WITH AN AWESOME POWER

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That's still kind of a tall order tho
there's a lot of good characters in this game
like wolf, who eats ice climbers for breakfast
I've always thought IC's go even with or beat wolf so...

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Statistically speaking, if you play your cards right, you have a better than 50% chance of being right when you say a character is top 10, so it doesn't come to prediction as much as you might think.

Besides, nothing points to there not being something invalidating them down the line. They're still ICs.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IC's will get much better if the stage list trends go much more conservative. If the stagelist ends up weeding out extremes like Dreamland and WL (although they can be quite scary on WL in some MU), I think they will end up fairly strong. This is speaking individually and not relatively though, because I think plenty of stuff will seem more viable and keep them under top 15.

As it stands, based on common stage legality and general metagame, I think enough people could devote enough effort to CP strats against IC's when needed to push their viability down. I'm not entirely convinced that a character like TL, given a decent enough stage, could be stopped by IC's without some great initial or perservering burdening risk throughout the match. I also don't think you'd need to be a Lunchables or DVD level TL main to play sufficiently acceptable of fulfilling the overarching strategy capable of getting the win. Like I mentioned earlier though, conservative stage lists would cut down on some of these probable issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom