• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

good afternoon, thread

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Anyone wanna careen off topic again and talk about the Might No. 9 release train-wreck?

"It's better than Nothing" -Debatable Quotes 2016

Rawkobo Rawkobo , OOOHHHH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Anyone wanna careen off topic again and talk about the Might No. 9 release train-wreck?

"It's better than Nothing" -Debatable Quotes 2016
There are four kickstarter backers who opted to donate enough money for a dinner with Keiji Inafune.

Let that sink in.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
it's about as much as the kickstarter paid, tbh. people severely underestimate how much a game actually costs, unless you pull a toby fox and just do everything yourself you're paying for a lot of people's wages, and the games industry's average wage is a lot higher than minimum-wage... and that's all before you have to spend money on resources and advertising

remember when skullgirls devs said they needed 300k to add a single character into the game? remember how much people flipped out, despite those devs showing point-by-point where the money would go? that's consumer ignorance in a nutshell

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
it's about as much as the kickstarter paid, tbh. people severely underestimate how much a game actually costs, unless you pull a toby fox and just do everything yourself you're paying for a lot of people's wages, and the games industry's average wage is a lot higher than minimum-wage... and that's all before you have to spend money on resources and advertising

remember when skullgirls devs said they needed 300k to add a single character into the game? remember how much people flipped out, despite those devs showing point-by-point where the money would go? that's consumer ignorance in a nutshell
Granted, it's pretty clear that not all the money went towards necessities regarding the games development. All throughout this games development, Inafune spent his time shilling advertisements for anything but the game. A cartoon series, promoting Red Ash, and infrequent development updates for what people actually paid for has taken up 3 years. I highly doubt 4million dollars were balanced for MNo.9's development, as much as it was towards inafune trying to kickstart alternative cash-cows.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
obviously at the end of the day, this is still half inafune's bad financial skills blowing up in his face, but the sheer response of it is noteworthy to me

it's really funny to think about how mad people got over the community manager in hindsight, looking at everythng else. considering it took years for absolutely everyone to figure out how everything around her was going to hell, I'm pretty sure she's actually the best manager ever for soaking all that stuff up

and it's also, like... this happens all the time with every form of funding, that's why developers were so open to crowdfunding at first. but kickstarter doesn't treat it as "funding", it treats it like the audience is preordering something, when in reality any form of investment before a final product is guaranteed needs to come with a disclaimer that investments fail more often than not

this is then mixed in w/ a lot of general... I don't like the term "consumer entitlement" because it's used by a lot of garbage companies, but that's exactly what it is. the kind of people who get livid that a game as absolutely god damn massive as no man's sky is being delayed so it can actually live up to its hype, sending death threats and all. like I kinda said, people have no idea what a game actually costs, and every single time people try to joke "this is what 4 million dollars looks like" I cringe, because yes, that's exactly what it actually looks like, you just can't be bothered to pull out the math

bloodstained is sorta best-case scenario for kickstarter right now; you want a bit extra investment for your creation, but you know most investors won't send you a bunch of money if you mention wanting weird new game+ modes, so by showing off your entire potential result to the public you can get that extra cash needed (and there's a reason almost all the stretch goals were extra modes--that's basically what the kickstarter was funding in full). it can still fall flat, but it acknowledges that a AAA-quality game can't be funded solely through crowdfunding

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I don't care about whiny nerds and their unimportant opinions. I care about games.

And this game doesn't bother or irritate me in the slightest. I earnestly think it looks fun and fine. I wanted a Mega Man style game and that's precisely what this gives me. I'm going get this game, play it for myself and decide on my own whether or not it's good.

The graphics don't look spectacular, but they still look nice enough to make me like seeing the characters. Nothing about it looks terrible, aside from the fire geometry. XD As long as I can see what I'm playing without my eyes hurting and without feeling like I want to cringe, I'm good.

Besides, I voted for F Call and she won and I'm curious about Ray, aka new Zero, since they apparently turned out to be a girl. So I feel obligated to get it regardless. ¦D

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
I don't care about whiny nerds and their unimportant opinions. I care about games.

And this game doesn't bother or irritate me in the slightest. I earnestly think it looks fun and fine. I wanted a Mega Man style game and that's precisely what this gives me. I'm going get this game, play it for myself and decide on my own whether or not it's good.

The graphics don't look spectacular, but they still look nice enough to make me like seeing the characters. Nothing about it looks terrible, aside from the fire geometry. XD As long as I can see what I'm playing without my eyes hurting and without feeling like I want to cringe, I'm good.

Besides, I voted for F Call and she won and I'm curious about Ray, aka new Zero, since they apparently turned out to be a girl. So I feel obligated to get it regardless. ¦D
Well, it's a good thing you're not getting it on a Wii U. Those brick.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQHav7YvPE4
wow such speed, very frames per second, much fast
Melee preforms well on an i3? Brawl struggles, and I assumed that since the Wii is almost a Gamecube that I shouldn't even bother. Also didn't realize that GPU was unimportant.

The irony of Mighty no. 9 is that the backers should have just probably played a rom hack, but they had to have a game from the creator. Who ironically was arguably more greedy ad out of touch than Capcom.

The moral of the story: there are already a huge amount of Megaman games lol.

For example. If Gunpei Yokoi came back from the dead and tried to Kickstart a spirtiual sucessor to Metroid, I'd just spend my money buying ESA or the Prime games.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Wait, that's a thing? People's Wii U's are bricking? O_o
Yeah, I was about to bring this up. People complaining about the gameplay isn't the main issue, the issue is the fact that it bricks Wii U's, drops frames despite being relatively undemanding, was delayed on release day for XBOne, and the team sent duplicate backer reward install packages, which meant people aren't getting the alt. costumes they paid cash for.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So I just got curious and did some research on Mighty No. 9 and the many problems with it's overall release. Game-wise and other stuff.

...Um...WOW. Hm.

The thing about people's Wii U's bricking was debunked and they're actually just freezing problems, but that's still a big problem and only one of many others. Plus, the PC version doesn't seem to let you save at all, textures and UI seems to sometimes glitch completely out on PS4 to look like this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CldRWv0VYAEgYIH.jpg:large , 45 second respawn times, stages having the Mega Man X6 problem of feeling unsuited for your character (And by that, I mean for X. The game is pretty much made for Zero. Much like X4 and X5), the backers not getting the rewards they were promised, the 360 as well as Vita and 3DS versions getting delayed again, massive framrate drops, boss battles apparently not being all that well designed or fun to play and finally, Inafune's "It's better than nothing." statement that's rubbing folks the wrong way.

I didn't see much reason for anyone to be legitimately mad before release, but after today? Hm, yeah. I think I kinda get it.

WELP, this is sure is a train wreck. Maybe I'll watch someone else play it first before I decide to grab it...Oh boy. XD;

Yeah, I was about to bring this up. People complaining about the gameplay isn't the main issue, the issue is the fact that it bricks Wii U's, drops frames despite being relatively undemanding, was delayed on release day for XBOne, and the team sent duplicate backer reward install packages, which meant people aren't getting the alt. costumes they paid cash for.
Ah, I think you posted this while I was just posting my reaction to researching all this stuff up.

Yeah, this is...pretty darn bad. Can't even deny it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The saddest thing about LTC4 being over is honestly not being at the venue anymore, not seeing my friends, or watching top players, it's being back home and going back to my problematic everyday life.

Bleh.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
So I just got curious and did some research on Mighty No. 9 and the many problems with it's overall release. Game-wise and other stuff.

...Um...WOW. Hm.

The thing about people's Wii U's bricking was debunked and they're actually just freezing problems, but that's still a big problem and only one of many others. Plus, the PC version doesn't seem to let you save at all, textures and UI seems to sometimes glitch completely out on PS4 to look like this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CldRWv0VYAEgYIH.jpg:large , 45 second respawn times, stages having the Mega Man X6 problem of feeling unsuited for your character (And by that, I mean for X. The game is pretty much made for Zero. Much like X4 and X5), the backers not getting the rewards they were promised, the 360 as well as Vita and 3DS versions getting delayed again, massive framrate drops, boss battles apparently not being all that well designed or fun to play and finally, Inafune's "It's better than nothing." statement that's rubbing folks the wrong way.

I didn't see much reason for anyone to be legitimately mad before release, but after today? Hm, yeah. I think I kinda get it.

WELP, this is sure is a train wreck. Maybe I'll watch someone else play it first before I decide to grab it...Oh boy. XD;

Ah, I think you posted this while I was just posting my reaction to researching all this stuff up.

Yeah, this is...pretty darn bad. Can't even deny it.
PS4 Just is just the avant-garde version. In fact, the real shame is that it isn't just a Trojan that destroys your console, forcing you people to do something with your lives. But instead you weebs are gonna cry like it's prom night. It really is better than nothing. Because you can't fathom the void that awaits you when Inafune sends mind control kill command to destroy your weak minds, ushering in a new age of trans-humanism allowing us to live in the actual world of Mighty No. 9.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Last edited:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah I saw that too, I hope it lives up to its animation haha

Nobody cares about your falcon
we only care about your fapcoj
which by the way will probably lose a stock to reverse jabs
It's okay, you are scared, I understand~

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I need encouragement to read Anna Karenina. I can't get past the fact that:
  1. It's long. It is really well written, but there is so much book that it just exhausts me to think about. It isn't actually all that long of a book, but it is exasperated by 2 and 3.
  2. Novels are the worst medium. Short stories or stories told episodically are way better because you get the payoff in a shorter amount of time. With stories told episodically you can develop a larger main arc than you could with a novel while still keeping viewers/readers invested through the episode's plot. Maybe I have bad imagination or a short attention span, but I have trouble with things that aren't in a visual medium, or at least don't follow a normal conversational tone. I find it is extremely difficult to read comfortably at a steady pace while also analyzing and thinking critically about the story. Visualizing the imagery while trying to also extract meaning from the dialogue causes me to normally read without thinking in a trance like state where I don't end up understanding anything. Basically I read every page twice.
  3. I know that Anna [spoiler for an old ass novel] dies at the end. Which is really boring and typical for this type of story. At least in the Scarlet Letter the male dies spectacularly instead of the main character (The Scarlet Letter is my 2nd least favorite book that is of any sort of quality [Divergent was a mistake and forcing us to read it after lunch in high school probably made students dumber]). People will say that books like these point out the hypocraciy of society, but when they unrealistically and predictably kill off the main character (because they are sinful and must meet justice) it just makes the whole story seem antiquated.
  4. I want to read something more modern or referenced in the mainstream. Don Quixote has been on my radar due to how influential it is. I've never heard of anyone mention Anna Karenina. I'd rather read War and Peace for this reason, even it it turned out to be a drag of a read. I read through my 1st least favorite book of any discernible quality, Lord of the Flies, because It was constantly referenced.
who tryna meet up at push more buttons tho

(heck, who is even going to push more buttons)
You tryna push my buttons? | ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°|
- - -
YouTube new ToS are both nice and troubling. It is like the gentrification of YouTube. On one hand you are dislocating all this content that is problematic- this analogy sounds really racist. I'm going to stop. I think that YouTube will be sanitized from now on which has obvious benefits. On a grander scale I dislike how the companies that we trusted primarily to create open and civil forums for discussion are limiting speech. Evalion for example wasn't directly inciting violence. She just held a really ignorant perspective, and her videos and rhetoric style mirrored those used by many semi popular youtubers who have extremely informed and positive content. I also thought that it was satire, because of the often comedic setups of some of her videos (How to Spot a Jew definitely had bait and switch humor) combined with how passionless and deadpan her delivery was, which would be unheard of from anyone who seriously holds any opinion with confidence. I think her case really exemplifies Poe law because it is so difficult to be certain.

I guess it is good that the mainstream is getting cleaned up. My worry is that all the sites that propose to be about free speech like the Chans and to some degree Reddit are so extreme. Scratch that, Reddit's community culture sucks regardless of their intellectual leanings.

I guess I'll have to go outside and make friends if I ever want to say anything problematic now.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Or talk not memes to your current ones

Unless we ain't friends anymore. rip
I really am at work. I'm just not doing work because I'm unpaid and uninterested in this god awful project. Plus the memes and I are inseparable now. Come back when you are an alien, time traveler, or esper.

Last edited:

eideeiit

Smash Ace
I'm a time traveller. At times I'm 70, at times I'm 10.

Slaughterhouse 5 is probably my favorite of the tiny collection of "classics" I've read.

Top Bottom