• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

who gives a ****

i'm too bad at project m to even have matchups be a factor in my neutral game, so ROFL

Last edited by a moderator:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
this squirtle argument is super silly, DF isn't wrong in the slightest but everyone's arguing him like he's saying something noticeably more extreme

can we go back to when this thread was never about project m. 'tis was a simpler time

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Body me at what? Brawl? I don't play garbage, sorry.
Shaq Fu.

And don't put yourself that high. I may want to bring life to my dead game with the one other individual who might want to play it over there but even I wouldn't go that low to do so by having you play it. Your nerdiness might scare him away.

Shellfire

Smash Apprentice
I just think squirtle's bull****, way too lazy to bother justifying it
You say something approximating this after giving extremely condescending and snarky remarks in every discussion you drop yourself in. It doesn't even matter if you're right; You have a blatant and probably intentional degenerative effect on conversation.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Idk how other characters edgeguard Squirtle, but I generally don't grab the edge until very late into the process cause he usually isn't super low. If I grab the edge real early, just opens up his chances to go onstage or be ambiguous and force me to consider going back onstage or figuring out something like hax dash back to the ledge (to retain ability to DJ after sliding off the edge in case he went much higher, and see if I can clip with Uair, or get back onstage if hax dash back was a mistake)

I come from Brawl, so stuff like excessive Mario Fireball camping or Squirtle Water Gun/running away doesn't really bother me too much. I did much worse jankiness in Brawl personally: don't think a ton of people have my mentality but it's just my personal perspective.

Phorcys did some of the Squirtle camping/slipperiness at Farmer's Fight: pretty sure if I watch SB vs Dirtboy it would just be something close to that and nothing truly illuminating on how busted Squirtle is that I didn't prior consider. Not like I pretend to know whether Wario/someone else can deal with it or not (Captain Falcon seems fine if you ban stages well)

I've had my disagreements on character design. Sometimes after salty losses. A lot of the time though, it's more of a realization that "damn if other people could play X character like this, PM would kinda suck a lot". IE: How Lunchables is more legit with MK than most mains, how a lot of ROB's aren't as bueno as DF or Oracle and almost make the character look mediocre in comparison, etc.

Y'all crazy but I love everyone and hope it's all bueno now

Edit; Dirtboy may be my favorite poster on Smashboards atm, top quality gold star posts I approve 10/10

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Phorcys did some of the Squirtle camping/slipperiness at Farmer's Fight: pretty sure if I watch SB vs Dirtboy it would just be something close to that and nothing truly illuminating on how busted Squirtle is that I didn't prior consider. Not like I pretend to know whether Wario/someone else can deal with it or not (Captain Falcon seems fine if you ban stages well)
Yeah like that's the thing, and I've said this before, there's nothing Dirtboy did that I didn't know was possible already, and I came to my conclusion about Squirtle & the Wario vs Squirtle matchup a long time ago. People like to make **** up like I'm kneejerk reacting due to a loss, when people should really know that I'm the last person that would do such a thing. I've put a great deal of thought into it and am certain of my conclusion. I wrote my posts in here because someone derailed the Tier List thread with my tweets. Then it became clear that the people here on smashboards were intent on not learning anything from my posts, so I stopped caring. Why waste my valuable time on people who refuse to listen?

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
We have only played on netplay, I wouldn't call that "beating me multiple times"
the ol' "netplay doesn't count" lmao, nice option select

never mind how minimal dolphin netplay delay is, you do remember that we've played quite a bit on netplay? Like 2 long friendlies sessions and then a 3/5 on a stream

Last edited:

Shellfire

Smash Apprentice
If a character having tools that require certain other tools to be optimally beat is "bad design", then quite frankly more than half the characters in this game are poorly designed bull****. Welcome to the world of 70/30s, 80/20s, and 90/10s. The rest of the low tiers welcome you.

Last edited:

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
the ol' "netplay doesn't count" lmao, nice option select

never mind how minimal dolphin netplay delay is, you do remember that we've played quite a bit on netplay? Like 2 long friendlies sessions and then a 3/5 on a stream
Yeah I forgot about all the important netplay bracket matches and large tournaments that have occurred over the years. No man it doesn't count lol, 1 bo5 friendly on E2's stream?

Bleck

Smash Master
If a character having tools that require certain other tools to be optimally beat is "bad design", then quite frankly more than half the characters in this game are poorly designed bull****.
I've been saying this for years but these guys were too busy not down smashing Squirtle to notice or care

Bleck

Smash Master
2:32 [REDACTED] said: isnt spinning mixer light still safe on block

2:32 [REDACTED] said: please tell me it isnt

2:41 Bleck said: I hope it is~

2:49 [REDACTED] said: rashid is not a street fighter character and breaks the fundamental rules of street fighter v

2:49 [REDACTED] said: if any of you refute you better have more than 1% of my experiences

D

Deleted member

IE: How Lunchables is more legit with MK than most mains, how a lot of ROB's aren't as bueno as DF or Oracle and almost make the character look mediocre in comparison, etc.
My MK played really badly at bit wars due to nervousness vs m2k, I think you'd be upset with me after watching it

Other than that, yeah MKs toolkit is really easy and intuitive. I'm surprised he doesn't have some random god-mode player like Junebug using him and winning tournaments.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Oh man I leave for a 8 hour dnd session I had to party face because our bard lost her voice (irl) and the whole place keeps going crazy
2:32 [REDACTED] said: isnt spinning mixer light still safe on block

2:32 [REDACTED] said: please tell me it isnt

2:41 Bleck said: I hope it is~

2:49 [REDACTED] said: rashid is not a street fighter character and breaks the fundamental rules of street fighter v

2:49 [REDACTED] said: if any of you refute you better have more than 1% of my experiences
**** mashid

meanwhile, in AZ

link/kirby grand finals, why not
Because we're all bad
Idk how other characters edgeguard Squirtle, but I generally don't grab the edge until very late into the process cause he usually isn't super low. If I grab the edge real early, just opens up his chances to go onstage or be ambiguous and force me to consider going back onstage or figuring out something like hax dash back to the ledge (to retain ability to DJ after sliding off the edge in case he went much higher, and see if I can clip with Uair, or get back onstage if hax dash back was a mistake)

I come from Brawl, so stuff like excessive Mario Fireball camping or Squirtle Water Gun/running away doesn't really bother me too much. I did much worse jankiness in Brawl personally: don't think a ton of people have my mentality but it's just my personal perspective.

I've had my disagreements on character design. Sometimes after salty losses. A lot of the time though, it's more of a realization that "damn if other people could play X character like this, PM would kinda suck a lot". IE: How Lunchables is more legit with MK than most mains, how a lot of ROB's aren't as bueno as DF or Oracle and almost make the character look mediocre in comparison, etc.

Y'all crazy but I love everyone and hope it's all bueno now

Edit; Dirtboy may be my favorite poster on Smashboards atm, top quality gold star posts I approve 10/10
I just put a banana in the axis where squirted head would be as he sweet spots then grab ledge, ez. If I don't have a banana I go out and bair him early, or go for a dair/stage side fair as he slowly comes up

Squirtle recovery is so easy to edge guard compared to like, game and watch who I can't actually contest 3/4ths of his options

I hate squirtle for how dumb and impossible to hit/pin he is on stage as much as the next guy but off stage it's not too bad. I'd rather fight squirtle than sonic

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I used to hate Rashid until I realized his pressure game is pretty much the only thing he's got going for him.

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
So

About that drinkover last night/earlier today

That made me miss my flight

No refund, no rerout, nothing

Now gotta wait for possibly 2 days until I get my student loan money in due being broke rn to buy a new ticket that costs 4k sek

Which translates to 400 euros

So

What I'm going to say is

**** you alcohol drinkers out there

Sincerely,

A non-drinker

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
My selfish plan of pretending Snake is not OP until PM is in is final version has succeeded.
I knew he was OP all along and was trying to keep him that way for myself gain.
Get destroyed PM community.

:yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi:

Only Jolteon knew of my plan, but being UK blood brothers I guilted him into silence

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"Snake is bottom 5"

Secret code from Professor Pro that actually means "Eyyy hold that L, Snake top 5"

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah me and prof had a deal where he didn't argue with mk's buffs in 3.6 as long as I kept silent about snake being the best character in the game.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
So

About that drinkover last night/earlier today

That made me miss my flight

No refund, no rerout, nothing

Now gotta wait for possibly 2 days until I get my student loan money in due being broke rn to buy a new ticket that costs 4k sek

Which translates to 400 euros

So

What I'm going to say is

**** you alcohol drinkers out there

Sincerely,

A non-drinker
You had a flight today?

Why didn't you say anything?

You should've gone to bed instead of partying bro.

Now that you're stuck here, wanna go to the bar later tonight?

Sincerely,

A drinker.

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
You had a flight today?

Why didn't you say anything?

You should've gone to bed instead of partying bro.

Now that you're stuck here, wanna go to the bar later tonight?

Sincerely,

A drinker.
But it was held in my hotel room by VERY CONSIDERATE ROOMMATES. Without asking me beforehand.

But uh, no, I'd rather not go to a bar (again, broke af rn) and even if I could, this whole experience just made my view on alcohol consumption even worse, so nope.

It's a **** experience all around and probably gonna **** up rent payments as well. Then one of the two tells me "yeah, but I helped you get a bus and stuff and you are at fault for worrying about your flight 2 hours before depature and thanks for ****ting on me after helping you. **** happens tho, k?"

Like how am I supposed to sleep when you have 10 extra people over in a room for 4 and feed em drunk and then get up in time for my 12:50 flight when you keep em over till 4. Saying **** happens is pretty easy when you're on your plane to home when I have to deal with this cluster****.

When you make me hate something more than fighting Falcon, you probably ****ed up.

Hopefully this will be the end of this rant, but I'm stuck at the airport till tomorrow at best, so who knows.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
I was not prepared for the amount of walking back and forth, retelling my situation 100x to see what courses I can take in Japan that would transfer

...Alternatively I could just stop caring about it and just take the only class I have to take but I feel like that defeats the point of the trip somewhat

Top Bottom