• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
A nonexplanation explanation isn't really the something I was thinking of honestly.

Unless you want us to read between the lines, which will lead to speculation and rumor.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Damn...RIP Lyn.

If this is truly the end, just like in the video I posted, it's been a privilege playing with and talking with you all. But I will never give up hope.

Cheers, and long live Project M!

4/10 No Snapple.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
A nonexplanation explanation isn't really the something I was thinking of honestly.

Unless you want us to read between the lines, which will lead to speculation and rumor.
You have Video Game Attorney saying we've taken preventative measures.

Please read between the lines, cause you're not reading the actual lines.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Why? Because this was posted on /r/SSBPM and then hastily removed from the front page.

http://i.imgur.com/HziHEwn.jpg

It's very suspicious.
It's being removed because:
1. Absurd conspiracy theory
2. Slanders members of the Smash community
3. Is either spam itself or derails threads when it's posted in other threads, and thus is worse spam.

It's not true.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

That last line in his tweet is pretty telling if you think about it.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
alright,

I've decided for the time-being I'm gonna go the conspiracy route and suggest that this whole thing is just an elaborate publicity stunt/prank being done as a way to gain interest (which they've definitely ****ing accomplished) so that the next version can rise from the ashes and have the biggest release we've seen yet (big enough to actually compete with something as crazy as Cloud being revealed).

This would allow the PMDT an indefinite amount of time to work on making PM even more amazing than it already is, so much so that people will want to check it out even with all of these big melee tournaments and hype smUsh character reveals happening in the meantime. This would also allow the meta to truly develop in a way that it hasn't been able to thus far.

;_; please just let me believe this

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hows the PMDT holding up?

I mean, I took this hard, I cant imagine how it is for you people.
Everyone handled it in their own way. There were tears, love, nostalgia, stories, laughter. It's hard to deal with, for more reasons than you'd think :/.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
New Conspiracy: The sudden cease of development must have SOMETHING to do with the fact that I got a replica of Sauron's ring in the mail. Upon putting it on, I went into a coffee-driven bloodrage and incidentally slaughtered the lot of Sweden, leaving only Leffen. Leffen, holding his now scarred and broken ego within his arms; decided the only way to regain his former life-force would be to kill Project M and feed off it's metaphorical blood with the legendary Morlock of Seel Ought (Hax$).

Edit: Original Fanfic doghnut steel

M0ar Edit: Night for now yall. Cya 'morrow.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Don't be obtuse Warchamp, taking preventive measures because you guys just realized in the last week what murky legal water you were in? Unlikely. Or something more like you were given a heads up, which is very much like a C&D for being sued? More likely.

You guys are being cagey, which is understandable. But don't act like this is transparency.

Zigludo

Smash Journeyman
so since the PMDT has disbanded and doesn't exist any more, does that mean you ****ers will remove the purple Project M Dev Team flair from your posts now

Last edited:

Zoa

Smash Ace
The devs themselves are dropping subtle hints here.

"In the mean time, we plan to be hard at work on new projects, built from the ground up. We can’t spill the beans just yet, but know that we’re looking towards a fresh start with brand new designs. Rather than splitting our focus, many of us want to dedicate ourselves to this new venture fully. In this way, we hope to maintain the level of quality and professionalism you’ve come to expect from us."

Hylian says:

"That last line in his tweet is pretty telling if you think about it."

In regards to:

"but we want it to stay that way."

When it comes to legal action. They're changing up their image and stuff not to be on the end of legal action for one reason, and there's a big announcement planned. I'm tired.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Well, thank you for years of free entertainment. For whatever its worth PM has got me through some really rough times.

I'm really sad you guys didn't get to finish the way you wanted to, but I'm happy at the very least that 3.6 is the best update you guys have ever put out.

Fowlman11

Smash Rookie
I understand the need to not matryrize anyone, but I think the community is looking for someone to blame... (and no, not GimR)... someone's gonna become the scapegoat, and I really hope you guys (the PMDT) are prepared for it...

I honestly believe that in the end, the work you all did will be appreciated, but for now, the criticism and speculation is going to run amok unless more information is provided to the mob...

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
so since the PMDT has disbanded and doesn't exist any more, does that mean you ****ers will remove the purple Project M Dev Team flair from your posts now
this flair is the only proof that I've done something meaningful in my life

HYLIAN WILL HAVE TO PRY IT FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS

NINTENDOOOONTTTTT

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Don't be obtuse Warchamp, taking preventive measures because you guys just realized in the last week what murky legal water you were in? Unlikely. Or something more like you were given a heads up, which is very much like a C&D for being sued? More likely.

You guys are being cagey, which is understandable. But don't act like this is transparency.
We are being as transparent as we can safely be. We apologize, and do not wish to cause the community strife. We are not exactly happy about all of this either. Please try to be understanding, even with what little information we have provided.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Here's to hoping the community will get back to playing the game instead of making crackpot conspiracy theories in their basements.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
this flair is the only proof that I've done something meaningful in my life

HYLIAN WILL HAVE TO PRY IT FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS

NINTENDOOOONTTTTT
Shouldn't be too hard.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
It's being removed because:
1. Absurd conspiracy theory
2. Slanders members of the Smash community
3. Is either spam itself or derails threads when it's posted in other threads, and thus is worse spam.

It's not true.
man, if only there was some form of communication one could use to direct people to believe otherwise. I dunno, something with words and maybe speech

oh well, let's just keep never saying anything until well after the damage was done, that worked every time the PMDT did it before right

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Obviously the REAL reason why the PMDT disbanded was because of waifus.

I tried telling you guys.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
It's very reassuring that we don't have an excuse to hate on Nintendo for this.

Obviously the REAL reason why the PMDT disbanded was because of waifus.

I tried telling you guys.
As of this writing my avatar isn't the waifu so I am free of guilt.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
like... idk what yr expecting here. you're getting mad that people are misinterpreting or not getting the point, but... we're going off of nothing, that's sort of the argument. people wouldn't speculate wildly if they didn't inherently find your silence suspicious

not to inherently blame it on all of u (tbh, even in the "guilt" that scenario would have, one should still empathize with the horrors of IP law, miserable thing that is), but it's still a frustrating experience for everyone involved

e: actually hold the hell up. why am I still in premium. I paid one time three years ago good lord

Last edited:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yes, just realize it is just as frustrating if not more frustrating for us. We aren't mad, we're upset/sad.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Its really scary because we don't know the future.

Like, if we host tournaments, are they going to come after us?

Thats literally all we have left.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
If you guys replaced the characters and stages with mediocre models of their animal likeness and different wilderness landscapes, this would have never happened

No one NEEDS Roy, Cougar with sword though.

Last edited:

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Welp I just took a closer look at what you said, all I have to say is I can't wait!

P.S. I'm still teary eyed.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
So I've decided that I'm officially going to mostlyretire from smash soon. I'm gonna go to NY with my friends, make one last vid with Gallo and Nox

It'll be great

F uck esports

You guys are like the best internet friends I've ever had I ****ing love all y'all. If it wasnt for this game I prolly would've killed myself by now

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Even as a guy that's just a fan, following this game was experience that, given Smash's unusual circumstances with everything from development to audience, probably can't be recreated. Someday I'll be telling someone's kids about the quest to obtain and play the best Super Smash Bros. and just maybe it will come across as both inspirational and sad instead of completely boring.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
...gotta move forward with what we got, right?

I'm thinking of making a list of every known mirror of 3.6, so if one shuts down a potential newb could just find another. might be neat

Top Bottom