• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
For those who keep inquiring about the forums and since I'm tired of getting PMs about it:

As far as I'm concerned there will always be a place to talk about PM on smashboards. Whether that be the forums as they are now or something else is to be decided/being talked about. We wouldn't just instantly shut you guys out.

Bleck

Smash Master
I could probably take Reggie but I think Sakurai is actually some kind of thousand-year-old woodland elf, I don't think we can handle him

Zoa

Smash Ace
Did you guys secretly get hired by Nintendo? It's a legitimate question. We have a Smash Direct that's supposed to be huge this month, it's already December 2nd here on the east coast, and you guys wouldn't just up and quit on everything so far that you've had announced. Ironically it's early December. None of this stuff adds up, and while it's a farfetched conclusion, there was plenty of elaboration of working on other projects based on the parting words at the site.

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
For those who keep inquiring about the forums and since I'm tired of getting PMs about it:

As far as I'm concerned there will always be a place to talk about PM on smashboards. Whether that be the forums as they are now or something else is to be decided/being talked about. We wouldn't just instantly shut you guys out.

I was worried for a while, at the very least I'd really like to not lose the PMS.

I was already looking around for other options on the site just in case.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

How can we be sad? There is so much joy in this world to be had. Let's have it, partners!

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
If anyone really wants to we could always setup a slack chat/ have the skype people actually invite others

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
For freaking sake of Odin's beard!!! Of I'm suppose to download it again? I lost it recently how I download it? The site just just they last post, Why dont leave the whole page to keep seeing the last news and being able to dowload it again!! Jeez!

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
For freaking sake of Odin's beard!!! Of I'm suppose to download it again? I lost it recently how I download it? The site just just they last post, Why dont leave the whole page to keep seeing the last news and being able to dowload it again!! Jeez!
relax bud, there are downloads offsite of it floating around. someone will likely link it soon for ya

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I was worried for a while, at the very least I'd really like to not lose the PMS.

I was already looking around for other options on the site just in case.
Keeping PMS around is a very high priority of mine, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Keeping PMS around is a very high priority of mine, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
Thanks, that's actually surprising comforting considering this is PMS.

BTW: Considering you guys were building up the hype in regards to visual updates etc just awhile ago, are you guys going to shed some light on the influences towards all this? Or should we just shut up for now?

Psychic Prediction: We should just shut up.

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Now that it's over... could we at least know what was up with 47 (if there's anything, really)?

SunJester

Smash Ace
Now that it's over... could we at least know what was up with 47 (if there's anything, really)?
They said it was an inside joke. There was a thread on reddit about it. IIRC the video editor would slip it into everything he edited, people took notice and got hyped, so they put it in more things just as a joke.

TBH i'd just like to know who and how the 5 other clone characters were/how they played.

If any former PMDT would like to comment I'd appreciate it, it'd be fun to imagine at the very least.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Something weird is going on here. We just had weeks of official Art Tuesdays, and a promise of a final bug fix for 3.6. I seriously doubt the art team supports this decision.

Why wouldn't the team at least wait until they released a completely polished version, then say this is the final love letter to the fans?

I would seriously reconsider this, at least release what you have and leave it at that.

Immortal

Smash Cadet
Apparently this is the only place where it's safe to discuss this. It's frightening; this image is being taken down all across the internet. The entire /r/SSPM subreddit actually shut down to prevent people from posting it. Not a word of denial from any of the parties allegedly involved; just quick and quiet removal. Radio silence on social media. If it's not true, someone would have said so by now. This is the real deal.

Long story short, it was Wavedash who had Project M killed on their lawyer's advice. PMDT was not warned.

Last edited:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm not really sure why this rumor is spreading considering zero people that work at wavedash games(I know both of them) have ever worked on PM or been a part of the PMDT. I don't even think they've played PM. WD games has nothing to do with PM at all lol.

There is no reason to slander that company when they have nothing to do with PM at all.

Edit: Feel free to quote this post on reddit or wherever, my postbit should be credentials enough.

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Man I'm just upset that there's no game out there like pm

Like I personally think pm is a more fluid version of melee, with better balance, and stage selection. Melee is too rigid and there's only like 4-5 characters that have a decent shot of getting good tournament results. Smash 4 is too floaty and in general follows a different design philosophy. Rivals of Aether is alright but I can't see myself playing it seriously

Like, this game is the sole reason I got into competitive smash. Something about it just clicked immediately for me. The first time I played it last year I knew I wanted to go deeper into it. It's very rare for me to actually think that. I want to be able to show people this game 1, 2 years down the line and show them how alive and well the game is. I know this isn't the end but it definitely feels like the start of the end.

I really want more games of this caliber, so I'm hoping the PMDT is still around somewhere, making a PM without the legal ties of another game. Until then, I'll keep playing the game, and I hope others keep playing it as well

Unpluggedcontroller

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, upon reading about what happened I decided that I had to become active in the PM community. I have followed PM since 1.0... Man, I still remember how janky that was xD I was ecstatic because of all the Brawl tech that could be used in a Melee environment. I played on the stage that became Skyloft for days when 2.0 was released (I still love the layout of that stage, it's so GOOD!!) I had an account over at smashmods, but it went by a different name. On that account I remember discussing Ness' MU's, I laughed at how badly Bowser got rekt by PK Fire. Then life made me step away from PM for a long time, up until 3.5 came out. I was amazed by the sheer amount of work and dedication poured into it. I was eagerly waiting for 4.0 (or whatever they would name the Knuckles+Lyn patch) and then this happened. It's definitely a downer, but it's not the end. Now PM's lifespan is as long as we the players want and support it to be. This is when casuals leave the room and we start busting out our RAR'd aerials, AGT'd bombs, Ganon Float swag reverse U-airs and hydroplane D-smashes!

I think this was a pretty good first post :p

sound

Banned via Warnings

I suppose with the way that PMDT handled this (essentially "instantly shut [us] out"), some people are afraid that smashboards might do the same.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
just,

why
I don't think that answer is going to be coming up for a while man, but we still have a working game if there is any silver-lining to this. The bigger question is what this community is going to do with what we've still got IMO.

Comeback Kid Comeback Kid , this is true. It does have to be something, and curiosity is justified.
On the flipside, if folks like I Immortal want to continue ****posting witch-hunt fodder, I'd quite like it if they can circle-jerk over their conspiracy theories in some other medium while everyone else get's on with their lives and simply accepts the truth with understanding when/if it ever comes to light.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Rumors like that will spread unless an explanation comes out, that is just the way it is.

Not Wavedash related, not a C&D, it has to be something.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Wait. I read through the entire final blog a couple of times, and while it's almost 3 AM with a tired brain, something clicked. With what Warchamp is saying I'm wondering if they're actually changing up Project M instead of just dumping it. Like they're having a whole new focus, name, etc. There's supposed to be a focus on new projects with the "professionalism we'd expect".

Edit:

"In the mean time, we plan to be hard at work on new projects, built from the ground up. We can’t spill the beans just yet, but know that we’re looking towards a fresh start with brand new designs. Rather than splitting our focus, many of us want to dedicate ourselves to this new venture fully. In this way, we hope to maintain the level of quality and professionalism you’ve come to expect from us."

Here it is. It just looks like the PMDT is starting up some kind of new venture. Hell, they even say "just yet", and the wording specifically says many of the former PMDT are dedicated to a new venture. Former PMDT is hiding some big announcement for the future.

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
No one believes the Wavedash thing.

Why would they work for 6 years on a product, and have more things in the pipeline if they didn't intend to release it? Even if the characters weren't done, we know for -sure- there were skins that were finished to be put into the game.

Lets be honest, we know the PMDT, if they wanted to stop they would have released 3.7 with whatever content they had finished and called it the gold release. They clearly had this decision made for them.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I'm not really sure why this rumor is spreading considering zero people that work at wavedash games(I know both of them) have ever worked on PM or been a part of the PMDT. I don't even think they've played PM. WD games has nothing to do with PM at all lol.

There is no reason to slander that company when they have nothing to do with PM at all.

Edit: Feel free to quote this post on reddit or wherever, my postbit should be credentials enough.
Why? Because this was posted on /r/SSBPM and then hastily removed from the front page.

http://i.imgur.com/HziHEwn.jpg

It's very suspicious.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Someone ship me alcohol and cigarettes so I can go out like a real Squirtle main

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Rumors like that will spread unless an explanation comes out, that is just the way it is.

Not Wavedash related, not a C&D, it has to be something.

Why? Because this was posted on /r/SSBPM and then hastily removed from the front page.

It's very suspicious.
Because it's a lunatic conspiracy theory lmfao

Fowlman11

Smash Rookie
I'm just interested in uncovering what actually is going on... Something happened, and at the very least, the assurance that it will eventually be explained would be lovely...

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion

Because it's a lunatic conspiracy theory lmfao
That's good to hear, I guess. You should probably make a post on the subreddit and maybe elsewhere, then. Something like, "Our Decision has Nothing to do with Wavedash Games".

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

It's very suspicious.
Seems like it would be removed because it's purely slander lol. I mean something like that would make wavedash games look horrible, I feel bad for those guys they are very nice and have nothing to do with PM at all. Rumors are w/e and I'll just ignore them but when something is being slandered that could actually affect them in a negative way I thought I should speak up. If you notice we aren't speaking about anything pm related at all aside from that tweet Warchamp just posted. I'm speaking about this WD games rumor because it has nothing to do with PM at all lol but people seem to be believing it even though you can just look at members of WD games and the PMDT and instantly tell it's false.

Top Bottom