• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Zoa

Smash Ace
Gonna try out a Bowser only run during this coming weekly. Next three days off of work I will be watching tons of videos. Any advice, Odds_?

Helsong

Smash Ace
He's always given himself first seed when given the chance, I was just surprised to see him do it again when his highest placing in the past few months was like 9th.

I messaged the event host on Saturday, he's read the message on Facebook, but I'll probably wait a day or two before sending him another message.

I appreciate the advice, I actually spoke with my roommate about it, and he said to wait until the next event to see how things play out, and if it happens again then at that point it's time to say something.
Yeah, your roommate has the right idea. First time could just be a random thing or a mistake, second time should start raising a few eyebrows. I hope things get better! Event organizer drama is really a pain to deal with.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
He's always given himself first seed when given the chance, I was just surprised to see him do it again when his highest placing in the past few months was like 9th.

I messaged the event host on Saturday, he's read the message on Facebook, but I'll probably wait a day or two before sending him another message.

I appreciate the advice, I actually spoke with my roommate about it, and he said to wait until the next event to see how things play out, and if it happens again then at that point it's time to say something.
yo i leave for a little while and **** like this starts happening wtf. hmu w/ the specifics man i wanna be in the loop.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I'm too busy with personal projects to contribute to PM...
not that anyone would care to hear my impassioned arguments for why Gaston should be the inherent best character.

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
I'm too busy with personal projects to contribute to PM...
not that anyone would care to hear my impassioned arguments for why Gaston should be the inherent best character.
I think Lunchables said at one point that Sasuke Uchiha was going to be added to PM, and I obviously knew that he was joking, but I was still mildly annoyed for the rest of the day.

Like, Peach's stupid Naruto run in Melee is pretty much the only reason I almost completely stopped playing her in that game when I picked up PM.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Hey guys I have a question for you guys

This past Friday there was an event in my scene that I usually TO, with someone that I co-TO with. Now me and this TO have had kind of a falling out not too long ago, and I'm usually the one who does seeding and comes up with the stagelist. I was running really late to the event and duties fell on the other TO to handle seeding.

So in the hour between the event's start and my arrival, he had changed the stagelist completely, and seeded himself first in bracket. He used to get first consistently, but the scene has leveled up and he hasn't made top 5 in about two months. I wouldn't care about this normally but he also convinced the event host to make his stagelist official without speaking to me about the changes. I feel like they're trying to nudge me out of the TO position.

I have brought up my concerns with the event host, but I haven't gotten an answer back, and I am thinking about making a post on our Facebook group to let the community know that the TO who will be running events is doing things like this to benefit himself. Is this childish? Or are my concerns legitmate?
as a TO myself, my opinion on the matter

No appearance in two months means he's not TO anymore, he has absolutely no reason to swoop in like that and make changes to an event he isn't running. Seeding himself first is a ****ty move as well especially if he hasnt played recently. Tell him to **** off

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I think Lunchables said at one point that Sasuke Uchiha was going to be added to PM, and I obviously knew that he was joking, but I was still mildly annoyed for the rest of the day.

Like, Peach's stupid Naruto run in Melee is pretty much the only reason I almost completely stopped playing her in that game when I picked up PM.
Doesn't fox naruto run, too?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord

I'd be satisfied if the "official" reason Gaston won't be in this game (or any Smash Bros.) is not licensing issues/that he isn't a character many people would want in Smash, but rather because he would be overpowered.
Yeah, I was joking though.
Do you really hate Naruto or something?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Gah. trying to redownload 3.6 full and see if I can get everything working for me right this time and it is wanting to take forever.

Goddammit satellite internet. Your suppose to be able to do **** once it becomes midnight.

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhy.

D

Deleted member

Sasuke Uchiha is basically my go to answer to when people ask me clone engine characters. It's just a nicer way of saying "I'm not talking about this"

Other members do this, some do it with goku, superman, naruto, etc etc

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Tfw you realize you have no waifu

Sasuke Uchiha is basically my go to answer to when people ask me clone engine characters. It's just a nicer way of saying "I'm not talking about this"

Dammit lunchables, you reminded me that I never got to see the super broken op version of Roy and Mewtwo while I was in dfw ;-;

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Hamburger Helper.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Thinking about it, Roman being in PM would probably be a bad idea. He's too strong to control.

I mean how would you balance this?

how the **** are you ranked higher than me im kawaiier than you and am the best at everything forever
Last official PM tourney I entered was Apex 2014? And I went 0-2.

I don't even need to win tourneys to make rank. Looking really really strong is all I need.

SpiderMad

Smash Master

Cougar

-Trademark-free Animal featured in the real world
-Unique use of four leggedness for a Smash game (which Rivals of Aether capitalized on)
-Probably would be the sickest character ever, who wouldn't like to DD with a Cougar?

Yung Mei

Thinking about it, Roman being in PM would probably be a bad idea. He's too strong to control.

I don't even need to win tourneys to make rank. Looking really really strong is all I need.
MM me at paragon ill wreck ur booty

(with consent)

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

MM me at paragon ill wreck ur booty

(with consent)
Mei Mei challenges you to a yapapi strap match

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
So you're saying you don't play fox, either, then.
No. I only play Peach and Falcon.

There was this weird kid back in middle school that would run like a Naruto character. He went to juvy.

Edit: I mean that's not why he went to juvy but he still went to juvy, lol.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
No. I only play Peach and Falcon.

There was this weird kid back in middle school that would run like a Naruto character. He went to juvy.

Edit: I mean that's not why he went to juvy but he still went to juvy, lol.
what if that's actually why he went to juvi
what if a law got passed outlawing imitating anime, and the media just covered it up
thanks obama

Yung Mei

tfw no qt3.14 anime gf

all i want is to hold hands with a lamia gf ;-;

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
what if that's actually why he went to juvi
what if a law got passed outlawing imitating anime, and the media just covered it up
thanks obama
So this was the type of kid who would post Yu-Gi-Oh walkthroughs or Pokemon facts or pictures of his anime body pillows or weird stuff like that on Facebook. One of the animes he was into was Death Note. One day he got the bright idea of putting up a 'Death Note' list on Facebook with the names of real people in out middle school he 'wished were dead'. That's the only part of this whole fiasco that I'm sure of because I saw it myself. Not sure if it was a joke or not but my name wasn't on it so idgaf at the time. Apparently somebody called the police over it, and he was arrested before he even got to school the next morning. No more performing jutsus in the school hallways for him. :p

No idea what's up with him right now.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Cougar

-Trademark-free Animal featured in the real world
-Unique use of four leggedness for a Smash game (which Rivals of Aether capitalized on)
-Probably would be the sickest character ever, who wouldn't like to DD with a Cougar?
I was curious and looked up Rivals of Aether. That games looks very cool.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Caring for the drawn up pseudo-emotionally laced characters crafted by Oriental underlings longing for fantasy is bound to starve and steer your core from the true meaning of life
Foreskin?
Early aerials?
Light press?
Tinder?
show me the way \o/

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
If we're going to ban Chinese cartoons, can we at least do it after Evangelion 3.0+1.0 (damn it, just call it 4.0) releases? Which at this rate is never...

Top Bottom