• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
Wait, people think we are the same person? lol

Also why did 3.6 release when im at a friend's house

Also **** mobile, keep crashing and keyboard randomly vanishes

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I nneed some help guys.
I've tried to download 3.6 5 times between yesterday and today, and the download has either had a network error and failed or just stopped every time.
Wat do?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I can do a pretty good batman voice if you wanna hire me as the announcer
If your Batman voice sounds like Kevin Conroy or Ron Perlman or Peter Weller playing him then awesome.

If it is Christian Bale trying too hard to sound like Batman hell no.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Sorry to be a noob, but how does one exactly do drop cancel up air?
So the way the game works with collision detection, if you cancel an animation with another (like jumping out of shine, or just doing an aerial at any point in your jump path) you keep those collision boxes for about 10 frames, and it refreshes on the 11th with the move you are currently doing. For DC upairs, basically the upairs collision point is much higher than the drop through animation, so if the upairs hit, hitlag from the move allows enough time for the collisions to refresh from the drop to the upair. Diddy's upair twists his body vertically enough to that when it refeshes, the frame after he gets out of hitlag he lands on the platform he just fell though.

Down on control stick > up on c stick within about 2 frames is all its, input wise.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I just started going through the entirety of the changelog.

get to Ivysaur

second sentence is "tweaked multihits to link a little better."

triggered

go down to nair

it got a little better

scroll back down to Olimar

no nair changes

ffs PMDT I'm mad.

edit: THEY TWEAKED PIT'S NAIR TOO GOD DAMMIT

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I love pits new nair. I was doing a bunch of nair stuff, where I would sometimes let the move end and go for grab, and mix that up with fast falling early > footstool dair> upair. It's awesome.

What's ivy/samus like?

Also also my thoughts on jurassic world was pretty much exactly both blecks and hamyojos. The movie had horrible flaws and stereotypes and problems with obvious solutions, but it also had Chris Pratt. Mmmmmm

Last edited:

blandsabbath

Smash Cadet
So the way the game works with collision detection, if you cancel an animation with another (like jumping out of shine, or just doing an aerial at any point in your jump path) you keep those collision boxes for about 10 frames, and it refreshes on the 11th with the move you are currently doing. For DC upairs, basically the upairs collision point is much higher than the drop through animation, so if the upairs hit, hitlag from the move allows enough time for the collisions to refresh from the drop to the upair. Diddy's upair twists his body vertically enough to that when it refeshes, the frame after he gets out of hitlag he lands on the platform he just fell though.

Down on control stick > up on c stick within about 2 frames is all its, input wise.
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation! I'm definitely gonna incorporate this into my Olimar play. Back to the lab

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation! I'm definitely gonna incorporate this into my Olimar play. Back to the lab
Not sure if olimar has any tbh, his aerials might hit a bit too late for him to land back on the platform. definitely work on shield drop up-airs though, those are crazy for olimar and you convert into such a big combo from them

blandsabbath

Smash Cadet
Not sure if olimar has any tbh, his aerials might hit a bit too late for him to land back on the platform. definitely work on shield drop up-airs though, those are crazy for olimar and you convert into such a big combo from them
I'll experiment with trying the DC Uair, as far as the shield drop Uair, literally just shield drop from a platform into an up air, right?

Again sorry, I'm not the greatest with tech and given names, hence i lurk in threads about this videogame

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Shine bair still works to at least 51% I didn't test anything higher.
Edit: Seems impossible/maybe just super strict in timing and spacing past 200.
Edit: Totally possible at 100. Probably even easier than Melee for the same effect.

Time to test airshine below opponent on plat into waveland grab.

I'm testing on Marth so no idea about fast fallers.

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Already have an Olimar player at my local complaining about the changes.

For ****'s sake.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm Going to test a bunch in the morning because it seems to me that the biggest Fox change is no jab->usmash otherwise he basically plays identically.

BTW, @ SpiderMad SpiderMad you should put that not like Melee hotline video on reddit. Or at least make it public so I can.
The unlisted quiz one? How'd you see it? I might be able to re-render it tonight, some things about it seemed off

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Which ones? I hope it's not the recovery.
It's literally just the recovery. Somebody different in the same thread on fb was complaining about how he doesn't have as many followups now.

...which is particularly funny because down-throw is actually good now.

Olimar's amazing now. This is the first build where I feel like if I get beat it's because I'm getting outplayed and not because of my garbo-character.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Shine WL grab on a Marth on a platform becomes unavailable around 50 it seems, mostly because he falls off the platform. Other followups may be possible.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
It's literally the recovery. Somebody different in the same thread on fb was complaining about how he doesn't have as many followups now.

...which is particularly funny because down-throw is actually good now.

Olimar's amazing now. This is the first build where I feel like if I get beat it's because I'm getting outplayed and not because of my garbo-character.
I really hope this sort of thing subsides, because it's getting old rather quick this time. Might just have to start pointing people to my avatar this patch and moving on, considering what 3.5 did to a fair amount of the cast from 3.02.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
hey so 2 things..

i just got an answer about this.. when pressing r when you choose ice climbers you get to use solo popo :D
so does he have an improved up b/other things because hes alone?

and 2, does sheik have a harp taunt yet that anyone knows of? I heard rumors of that possibly happening in a future release but havent found anything myself yet.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Turns out I can record my laptop's screen with fraps without any problems. I tried others like Camcorder and they had LOTS of problems (10 FPS videos rofl) with Dolphin and other games.

This makes me really salty because it means I could have recorded something for last year's EVO combo vid if I knew this at that time. Dang.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Guys does Jurassic World have something to do with a British guy turning into a dinosaur and stopping time?

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I can do a pretty good batman voice if you wanna hire me as the announcer
And if someone gets me to do the announcer, I can do Optimus Prime! ...Kinda.
(I'm too young to have the proper raspiness for it but darn if I'm not baritone enough to get close to ideal for it)

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Does Falco's ledge getup let him get a Fox that recovers onstage? You know like M2K was talking about.

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
And if someone gets me to do the announcer, I can do Optimus Prime! ...Kinda.
(I'm too young to have the proper raspiness for it but darn if I'm not baritone enough to get close to ideal for it)
When I become a doctor when I'm older I'll upload your brain to an Optimus Prime.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
holy ****, so the announcer actually sounds good if you ahve the Skullgirls CHaracter Select as the menu theme, not even kidding

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Fairly sure jab->DACUS works for the most part.
I think his DACUS goes about 0.1 units further, almost negligible and dashing for an additional frame instead of spending it to DACUS would be better or at least comparable anyway.

Jab -> Upsmash works on neutral DI and DI in still, doesn't on DI out.

Last edited:

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Anybody know if 3.6 is compatible with brawlvault skins?
Cuz I tried adding a james mccloud alt costume
And now picking fox crashes my wii :(

Top Bottom