• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

Lizalfos

Smash Master
We are mad because it seems like something is up. There have been no answers, which compounds it.

Even if TLoc did this on its own truly in the interest of the community, it's a ****ing stupid idea.

Besides getting mad makes people act.
It is actually strengthening the PM community as a whole.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Being a hate sink/putting 'us' against 'them' is indeed a time-tested way of getting folks to have beef, yes.
Anyway, blame vocal minorities. It's what I do, because they're always the ones who have a 'problem' that needs to be solved and something to prove, unlike most folks.

Most of those casuls probably don't even play SmUsh, let alone any Smash games at all, lel

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
They definitely play the game.

Plus we aren't even very sure who they are, if they even exist. But I think our anger is very warranted.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I just think people getting super pissed at TLoc aren't thinking things through properly. Don't just consider what they're doing, but try to figure out why they're doing it. And consider that they're not giving you a straight answer: why would TLoc not give the PM community a straight answer, given everything they've done to help it so far?
Call me naive, but I'm not going to assume maliciousness on TLoc's part here.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I agree that people getting pissed is dumb right now. We should be wary, but the idea of a central twitch channel that basically hosts events in one spot is a good idea. I know it would be a huge boon for the guys at umdsmash for xanadu.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I don't blame Tloc for (forced to?) shooting themselves in the foot.
Majority of people are angry at the scenario and Tloc pretending everything is ok.

Edit: I'd believe that it was truly a hub if other streamer's confirmed involvement. They haven't, so it is obviously just TLoc.

I wonder who Axe's new sponsor will be.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
..OH MY GOD AXE LEFT MORTALITY?!

But...but...I like MOR | Axe. Maybe he'll join up with MVG? Axe is my second favorite melee player, after aMSa.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Mystery Game Social Thread* pls
I've been using BRS as an avatar for years and when making a logo included her in it. Fight me :happysheep:
I call your ante and raise it with a "I have changed my avatar only once and it was because of the avatar size buff".

Your move.

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Oh man! I can't wait to get extremely irrational and emotional over a situation that's people are certainly not overreacting about!

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I remember when I was a productive member of smashboards.

Then I started playing MMOs more often.

I miss the social thread. ;_;

Last edited:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I've been using BRS as an avatar for years and when making a logo included her in it. Fight me :happysheep:
Alakadoof is like three and a half years old. Genius takes time.

This was my old face:

Would actually work well for moderating duties. Constantly disgusted with his work.

Oh, and somebody made me this for SomethingAwful:

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
So there hasn't been a single streamer to blackmail twitch?

Say I had a sub button and streamed Melee/PM. Mah boi PeoplesChamp says to stops strimming PM.
I say no, he threatens to take my partnership away.

I respond: you take away my partnership, I tell the twittisphere.

You're telling me no one thought to do that?
And those that did just didn't go public?
not to mention even any legal threats wouldn't work out, PR hell would just double down

also, if I ever make a project m tournament I'm calling it "VAGUE THREATS". imagine if it became a series. hey guys going to VT5 you coming with

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
not to mention even any legal threats wouldn't work out, PR hell would just double down

also, if I ever make a project m tournament I'm calling it "VAGUE THREATS". imagine if it became a series. hey guys going to VT5 you coming with
We should just make a series of ____ threats as a circuit

And the final tournament in the circuit would be called Legal Action kek

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Mechwarrior Online, sometimes. Muh Atlas, Daishi, and Highlander builds though...

Helsong

Smash Ace
Started with Runescape, stopped after I graduated high school. Used to do a bit of WoW, and then stopped before Cataclysm. Then I played this one called Atlantica for about a year before getting bored and stopping. Haven't touched an MMO since. I kinda just want one that's less about raiding and fetch quests and more about exploring a world and finding cool stuff with friends. I got tired of the grind and the optimization. I was hoping Elder Scrolls Online might give me my fix, but that didn't do it.

Like, an open world MMO where the big objective is for players to work together and build civilization and explore and fight off other player-made nations while trying to, basically, map out the world they're all on would be something I'd be super interested in.

Last edited:

supascoot

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SupaScoot
The MMO space seems to be picking up for once, with actual variety with games that aren't WoW and WoW Killer #027. I'd recommend checking out things like FF14, Star Trek online (I think) and a few others like guild wars. Infact, one MMO which seems like what you want is Everquest Next, which is coming out Soon...? Anyway, it doesn't hurt to try something new.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Started with Runescape, stopped after I graduated high school. Used to do a bit of WoW, and then stopped before Cataclysm. Then I played this one called Atlantica for about a year before getting bored and stopping. Haven't touched an MMO since. I kinda just want one that's less about raiding and fetch quests and more about exploring a world and finding cool stuff with friends. I got tired of the grind and the optimization. I was hoping Elder Scrolls Online might give me my fix, but that didn't do it.

Like, an open world MMO where the big objective is for players to work together and build civilization and explore and fight off other player-made nations while trying to, basically, map out the world they're all on would be something I'd be super interested in.
Minecraft

Helsong

Smash Ace
I think I did basically get tired of WoW clones, haha. I looked into Eve for a bit. Looked incredibly interesting, but I found that I love reading about player shenanigans in the game more than actually playing it. Still, I love that it exists, and the idea of player-created factions is super awesome and much more organic than the way most MMOs handle factions.

I'd like to get into another MMO so long as I have friends to play it with, but I can't justify spending money on that stuff right now, especially since I don't have a ton of free time. Also: Minecraft is overrated. I like it as a creative outlet, but I already have coding for that. It doesn't offer anything to me. I know of the more MMO-esque mods, but..I dunno, the game itself doesn't really appeal to me. It just feels rough.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
-snip-
Also: Minecraft is overrated. I like it as a creative outlet, but I already have coding for that. It doesn't offer anything to me. I know of the more MMO-esque mods, but..I dunno, the game itself doesn't really appeal to me. It just feels rough.
I was joking lol.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Not an MMO but War Thunder. Pretty much ditched PSO2 because I wanted to play games that actually care about gameplay.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I was joking lol.
I know that. Totally. I knew that when I started my rant. I totally didn't look like a fool.

And yeah, my other issue with MMOs is that I always feel like the gameplay is kinda...meh. It's like playing Baldur's Gate. Except instead of controlling the entire party to set up really cool tactical maneuvers, I'm just one moron trying to get a bunch of other morons to do things properly.

Top Bottom