• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
souffle'd corn = corn puffs?

TIRembered souffler means to puff up.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Onto non-cringey things...
44418556_p1.jpg
Dat indirect kiss. Nagamon, pls.

Last edited:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Those are my spider buddies, but yeah I should probably clean that if I have someone over. You seriously don't find the cans attractive at all? What should I put on the boring dresser then? Or put a poster behind it or something? Same with my bed room, I know everything there has to go but I don't know what creative stuff that could keep me comfort at night would be good to replace it with.
I've seen fancy booze containers up on a top shelf that looked decent for a few college-aged guys living in a big house together, but not much else. Areas that high can stay empty without looking weird.

If you really wanted fancy, go with like a candelabra or something.

Also if you had some free time and were interested, maybe you could go over with me on Skype the early blog posts few people know about anymore.
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/archive
We'd record it and it'd be a PMDepot video. People would learn the early changes of Brawl landing detection being crap and ruining stuff, and how having less DI angles is more prone to combo game and such. I could also ask you other questions like the reasoning for ya'll reducing Shield release timings and increased the B-reverse window etc.
Maybe if I ever have spare time again. I'm moving tomorrow.

You could refer to me as Medeza for old time sake https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb5aw23rAJc
:?:What was I even trying to say? :?:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Oh damn, I missed hair and room talk?
Those are among the few things I can do well.
@SpiderMad if you're thinking about changing up your hairstyle to something styled (looks like you are), do yourself a favor and spend some time researching products. I did it the trial and error way, which wasted a lot of money on bad stuff. I would stay away from big brand **** like Axe and w/e. Personally, I use this: https://www.paulmitchell.com/our-products/mitch/reformer/
Keeps its hold almost all day, no real noticeable finish (I can't stand that shine a lot of products give), doesn't flake if you use it right, and I can still run my fingers through my hair. It's important to find something that works not only with the style you want but also your hair type (the stuff I use for instance is best with finer hair).

As far as rooms... I keep my room pretty minimal. I have a bookshelf where I have my comics, video game stuff, and whatnot, but that's mostly it. I don't have posters or anything on my walls. The only real apparent thing when you walk into my room is the old Pokemon pillowcase that I found at a fleamarket. The way I see it, if you're a nerd don't bother trying to hide it (if you think you have to, find a different guy/girl). But that said, I like that my room doesn't scream it.
The WAY more important thing is that your room is clean. At least while things are starting out with you and another. I'm a messy person, so this was hard for me, but it makes those early impressions so much better. I'm in a longterm relationship so I let things slide a bit now, but you bet your ass I kept things clean when we started seeing each other.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Oh damn, I missed hair and room talk?
Those are among the few things I can do well.
@SpiderMad if you're thinking about changing up your hairstyle to something styled (looks like you are), do yourself a favor and spend some time researching products. I did it the trial and error way, which wasted a lot of money on bad stuff. I would stay away from big brand **** like Axe and w/e. Personally, I use this: https://www.paulmitchell.com/our-products/mitch/reformer/
Keeps its hold almost all day, no real noticeable finish (I can't stand that shine a lot of products give), doesn't flake if you use it right, and I can still run my fingers through my hair. It's important to find something that works not only with the style you want but also your hair type (the stuff I use for instance is best with finer hair).
I'm gonna go to a stylist today, but I'm not really sure what I'm gonna tell them. I really have no idea exactly what I want the style to be. I know some things I don't want it to be, but that's less helpful. I just need ideas.

Also, description on that stuff says it's for thin, fine hair, which mine is most certainly not. Would it hold up, y'think? I figure I should probably look for something that specifically works for my hair.

Bleck

Smash Master
just ask them for the Roger Klotz like everyone else apparently has been

Draco_The

Smash Lord
smug is probably the most entertaining SF4 player to watch, and it makes sense given his character choice. dudley's got both a really interesting neutral + some bomb-as-hell combos, the perfect match
Change your name into (gutter) trash?.

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys
I just found out why I suck at this game

I keep playing it like I do single player, where the goal is to just beat the enemy. I beat CPUs with purely aggression, and we all know how well CPUs can defend themselves. This has gotten me into a stupid-ass mindset of "If I'm not on the offense every chance I see, I'm not even playing the game."

I came to this realization when I started playing Monster Hunter again in G-Rank. Not a good thing to just get back into, but it forced me to play smart and defensively as opposed to just using offense. And a few minutes in I had this idea to "Play Smash like Monster Hunter"

Now I just need the time to face people other than my sis to see if it works

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So Final Round is this weekend prepare for hype cans, gif makers and salt shakers baybe. Also home to the biggest Tekken tourney in the U.S and big spot for 3d games in general. I will post stream links later.

EDIT: Stream schedule for anyone that cares unless something changes.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I'm gonna go to a stylist today, but I'm not really sure what I'm gonna tell them. I really have no idea exactly what I want the style to be. I know some things I don't want it to be, but that's less helpful. I just need ideas.

Also, description on that stuff says it's for thin, fine hair, which mine is most certainly not. Would it hold up, y'think? I figure I should probably look for something that specifically works for my hair.
If you're unsure the best thing you can do is really to just look up men's hairstyles. Use your hair type in the search, no sense looking through styles that won't even work with your hair. Find a few you might like, print them out, and bring them in with you. Be real with whoever is doing your hair; tell them that you're not certain and get their opinion on what would work best. If you aren't in a rush have them leave it a bit long for starters and go shorter from there. I've had plenty of bad haircuts because how short I thought I wanted it was too short.

It's definitely important to get stuff for your hairtype. What I use probably won't have enough hold on thicker hair unless you use a lot, and at that point it will start flaking and it will look like you have dandruff. I know that the brand I use has different products for different hairtypes, but I can't speak of their other stuff from my own experience so I would be hesitant to put a firm recommendation on them. It's probably a good place to start though. If where you're going to get your hair cut sells products I would just ask them. That's what I did, and they recommended what I use now and it's been way better than anything else I've tried.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
LMAO someone from my local area just told me this is my smash strategy and philosophy rolled up in a vid. IDK if i should feel honored or what.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
You need to yell "RIDE OR DIE!" as you spike somebody, dude.

Smooth Criminal
I probably will sooner or later but I play characters with hard to land spikes in smash 4 such as Falco, Marth and Robin. On top of that my main smash 4 comp in my area is Villager, Rob, Sonic, Falcon, Bowser Jr, Pikachu, Greninja and Mario brothers.

PM is a different story but a little easier cause I play Roy, Zelda and Ganondorf.

Also Bowser is mad fun in smash 4 LMAO I might legit pick this character up cause my hard read playstyle works wonders with him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom