• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
With precise hearing, you can measure the difference in time it takes for the sound of their control stick to travel to your ear, allowing you to react to every throw and tech.

Pro tip: to hear in 3 dimensions, tilt your head to the side.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Your visual cue has to do in which direction you go in the dots I thought, just have to hope the Tv is good.
Really? Didn't know this, and I doubt most people do because of a general disinterest in g&w. Just like 90% of people don't know about the side-b dots

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Dacus is easy

Invite me over to put my hands over yours while sitting behind you to help you perform the technique

Also if you guys didn't know, Wiimotes can still work through walls in your house. They're pretty powerful or something whatever technology. I was loading PM while in the bathroom

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Really? Didn't know this, and I doubt most people do because of a general disinterest in g&w. Just like 90% of people don't know about the side-b dots
Eehhh, I just looked at it, and if they all look like anything they all look like a backthrow.
Seems like it always runs forward, middle, back in the three spots on every throw to me.

GreaterMaelstrom

Smash Rookie
I can never learn DACUS. Uggh
practice by pressing cstick down, Up direction and Z all at the same exact time.... over and over again

...then focus primarily on Csticking down... you'll eventually slip into a DACUS when you immediately up-Z.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Dude you guys this is so random but I just found out the dudes who wrote the bible knew about handling trolls before the internet ever existed:

"Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return.
Anyone who corrects the wicked will just be hurt.
So don't bother correcting mockers, they will only bring you hate.
But correct the wise, and they will bring you love."
(Proverbs 9:7--8)

Damn dude these bedsheet-wearing beardo-weirdos had **** figured out EARLY.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
if you are using Z the only hard part is moving your control stick quickly enough

But moonwalking on the other hand, impossible
Moonwalking is pretty much the easiest thing with the C-stick trick

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'd prolly rank DACUS right around the same difficulty of techskill as wavedashing. like, sure, it's not immediately obvious how you need to time it, but even after like twenty minutes of messing around a bit you'll get it consistently

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
bruh i dacus'd everywhere with a 1 frame window
now it's 2

come at me

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I'm super inconsistant with Dacuses (Dacus'? Dacusi? I like DACUSI for the plural), it depends on the day

Like yesterday I was getting the 1 frame Dacus 85% of the time, I do c-stick right>A

But today I couldn't get the 2 frame one more than 50% consistent. Maybe I was just playing out of my mind yesterday and went back to being braindead slow today.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
You know, DYFWI is actually really scary in terms of results. Top 5 is literally all Fox mains, no secondaries

Last edited:

KuroJet

Smash Cadet
Whoawhoawhoawhoa

Now I know its hard to time but its cant be impossibru?
I tried twice. **** was damn near in my face and I died. I'm not any type of pro, but my reflexes aren't crappy. You can try it if you want, tell me what happens.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I was hoping my little buddy Olimar would get some "design" buffs this time around. I don't know if it's just me, but does Olimar seem oddly... boring for someone with his kind of gimmick?

Personally, I think that 3.5 tastes a little too vanilla-ish. Don't get me wrong, I like the direction 3.5 is generally taking for balance, but a few characters feel like they should be spicier. Seriously, is it just me?

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping my little buddy Olimar would get some "design" buffs this time around. I don't know if it's just me, but does Olimar seem oddly... boring for someone with his kind of gimmick?

Personally, I think that 3.5 tastes a little too vanilla-ish. Don't get me wrong, I like the direction 3.5 is generally taking for balance, but a few characters feel like they should be spicier. Seriously, is it just me?
Dude I feel ya. Pika's basically vanilla Melee with like only 4 PM sprinkles on top...great, now I'm salty AND hungry.

What exactly happened to Olimar? The changelog is a bit tough to interpret.

Last edited:

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
They generally back tracked on the entire concept of making your pikimin need to grow to Flower to be useful. Only Purple have a strong growth rate

Generally lower health in exchange.

Yellow Pikimin have faster aerials now.

Olimar's helmet tells you which pikimin is next in line now.

Other changes I don't know about.

Last edited:
Top Bottom