• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Welp, just finished catching up on this whole thing.

So basically, APEX be like:

While the PM Crowd and Nintendo be at each other like:

...WOW. Not sure if I'm more surprised by the **** move APEX and Ninty pulled or by the death threats continuing to prove my opinion of the Smash fanbase being one of the top three absolute worst ones ever. Just glad it's not everyone or even the majority doing it. I understand the rage, though.

Hope you guys do manage to come up with something else. I do really like watching PM Tourneys even though I'll never get to participate in one.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Welp, just finished catching up on this whole thing.

So basically, APEX be like:

While the PM Crowd and Nintendo be at each other like:

...WOW. Not sure if I'm more surprised by the **** move APEX and Ninty pulled or by the death threats continuing to prove my opinion of the Smash fanbase being one of the top three absolute worst ones ever. Just glad it's not everyone or even the majority doing it. I understand the rage, though.

Hope you guys do manage to come up with something else. I do really like watching PM Tourneys even though I'll never get to participate in one.
All death threats will prove is that they are whiny little kids who get really really REALLY pissed off if they dont what they want... I think those types of people need help asap.
They listening to this to calm down a bit

Last edited:

Roxas215

Smash Lord
If a C&D do happen it just better happen AFTER 3.5.

PM not being at Apex because Nintendo is sponsoring it makes sense. That's the only outcome that makes sense though.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Im just thinking about who the **** is actually going to sign up for brawl at apex, revival of brawl won't happen

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Revival not happening is a given
But like I said last night, seeing as many old brawl players are coming back for smash 4, attendance for brawl might not be as low as some are expecting

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Everyone just ignored that post about CEO dropping pm in 2015 too

I guess dropping pm from tournaments is the cool thing to do nowadays

Paradoxium

Smash Master
@ Paradoxium Paradoxium when did you start maining ROB in PM? or is your character icon just wrong or outdated.
Yo it was because I played this one Louisiana rob player on netplay and lost, so I thought Rob was super cheesy until I saw that guy get bodied on stream. He was a fraud whoever he was...

lmao dude jk, I realized that my characters kept getting bodied by good captain Falcon players, so I needed a character to counter pick him with. I remembered that you kept glide tossing and shooting lasers at me, so I stole your strat and it worked perfectly. Falcon gets shut down hard by that projectile game lol

I don't main rob, I main pretty much the entire cast. I usually start off each match as Pikachu, Fox, or Mk, and then after that I just counter pick to victory.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I think what upsets me is there is a certain magic and level of amazement of the unity and effort put into Project:M, alongside its actual success, and to see that die would be a huge blow to the community. It is a community-wide effort and really shows the creativity and talent of this fandom, with the PMBR actually being dedicated to making a good product for the fandom.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Im just thinking about who the **** is actually going to sign up for brawl at apex, revival of brawl won't happen
Well, if you think about it, they have 64, Melee, and Wii U at the tournament. If brawl was absent (no matter what the non-brawl community thinks of brawl), it'd be a noticeable gap in the smash franchise as a whole. I mean, 64 doesn't have much of a scene, yet nobody's complaining about it being at apex.

Just a different perspective to think about, at least there hasn't been a full-on C+D from Nintendo all these years.

Last edited:

1FD

Smash Ace
Yo it was because I played this one Louisiana rob player on netplay and lost, so I thought Rob was super cheesy until I saw that guy get bodied on stream. He was a fraud whoever he was...

lmao dude jk, I realized that my characters kept getting bodied by good captain Falcon players, so I needed a character to counter pick him with. I remembered that you kept glide tossing and shooting lasers at me, so I stole your strat and it worked perfectly. Falcon gets shut down hard by that projectile game lol

I don't main rob, I main pretty much the entire cast. I usually start off each match as Pikachu, Fox, or Mk, and then after that I just counter pick to victory.
You just named 3 of Falcons possibly (maybe) hardest matchups and said your characters kept getting bodied by Falcons

waaaaaaaaaaaat?

ROB is cool but he's on my hatelist
Lovehate list like Kirby

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
^You do know how many international players came for 64 Only at apex right?
I'll include a short list:

Japan, Brazil, England, Mexico and a bunch of others.

not to mention that Alex loves the game and the community.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
64 is at Apex so we can see what character Isai's going to win with this time

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
64 is at Apex so we can see what character Isai's going to win with this time
You know he's lost in 2/3 years he has played right?

also, I'd rename this social thread from PM social to The PMS social thread but oh well I cannot

1FD

Smash Ace
Having PM at a tourney with all 4 other smash games IS weird.
At least now.
Game is still in double-decimal development phase. It's community based with no funding. It's built by the players for the players, and is aimed to be a great game long-term (like the longest term of all smash games melee-style kind of), and will continue to be improved upon even after it's 'as good as can be' even after being flushed out and perfected.

PM keeps growing AS A GAME and METAGAME. Other games are settled AS A GAME and grow as METAGAME only now (aside from sm4sh dlc).

It shouldn't be at majors with all 4 other games repped when sponsors are involved etc. Let it find it's place, the smash world is diverse (we have 6 games if you include DS now too) like dayum. Every game has a niche, PMs is NOT a hierarchy-of-smash-destroyer to do anything more than BE THERE to play along with the others in their niches. Obviously Melee + Smash4 have a niche on the mainstream super-advertised/etc fields, let that be. We got PM where PM needs to be.

tl;dr it's In that awesome place. knowwhatImean

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'll sign up but mostly just cause.

Smash 4>Brawl so idk who is actively going to go back. Granted that's me and people around me idk about the rest of the people that played Brawl.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
You just named 3 of Falcons possibly (maybe) hardest matchups and said your characters kept getting bodied by Falcons

waaaaaaaaaaaat?

ROB is cool but he's on my hatelist
Lovehate list like Kirby
if I somehow get bodied or barely win round 1, ima need a hard ass counter. With rob I don't really have to go for reads or try to out dash dance him, I can just sit back and shoot lasers or glide toss.

1FD

Smash Ace
if I somehow get bodied or barely win round 1, ima need a hard *** counter. With rob I don't really have to go for reads or try to out dash dance him, I can just sit back and shoot lasers or glide toss.
You then play 4 characters I like but don't play myself
Do you like Wolf, Kirby, TL, and Ike but don't play them too?
MMing you one day would be rad with all this counter shiz goin on

oh I do melee falcon but no pm so I wouldn't do that
you'd gotta deal with falcon on crack aka wolf

random note what's the difference between walljumps in PM and Melee? Invincibility or is there like a bunch of differences? Like Falcon as an example, what's different if anything?

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Everyone complaining about Project M not being at Apex, why have I not seen one person start to already organize the Official Project M Side event for Apex yet? If you want PM at Apex and know the team isn't going to do it, let's just do it ourselves!

I've TOd a bunch of events, if people wanted to get together TVs and consoles and we could find a venue close by or something similar and get planning we could still be ready in time to have a reasonable amount of time to let folks sign up and come. And if PM numbers crush those of the other games it will make a serious statement.

All I would need is a little help from everyone in here who wants this to happen to organize and make it happen. We have enough time to make it happen if people really want to. Is there anyone out there who wants to stop complaining and actually be proactive?

Slashy

Smash Lord
One question I wonder is, do you think it will be possible that Nintendo will ban customized content for tournament setups?

In some ways I hope this happens, as it will pretty much confirm the reasoning.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
That's what I'm interested in. Every single Brawl tournament I've seen has either had custom skins or decked out CSS/SSS. Not to mention music. That's one of the single things I actually enjoyed about watching Brawl streams lol.

Kati

Smash Lord
Don't know if I should post it here, but I found the download for The Great Bay for PM, I'm gonna ask a noob question and ask do I download all the files and then put it in my SD card and then update PM?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=22800

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/xd4ddfssmq1cc/Great_Bay

pm does not need to be updated.

stgxxxx.pac -> melee folder (found in stage folder)

stgxxxx.rel -> module folder

sss preview pictures and icon ----> menselmap (or something similar) 80 using brawlbox to open common 5.

-----

melee modding requires (with a certain exception) that one rebuilds their entire build when adding new stuff. Brawl modding is much easier as one literally just drags a drops most files into their respective folders.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Everyone complaining about Project M not being at Apex, why have I not seen one person start to already organize the Official Project M Side event for Apex yet? If you want PM at Apex and know the team isn't going to do it, let's just do it ourselves!

I've TOd a bunch of events, if people wanted to get together TVs and consoles and we could find a venue close by or something similar and get planning we could still be ready in time to have a reasonable amount of time to let folks sign up and come. And if PM numbers crush those of the other games it will make a serious statement.

All I would need is a little help from everyone in here who wants this to happen to organize and make it happen. We have enough time to make it happen if people really want to. Is there anyone out there who wants to stop complaining and actually be proactive?
They already did, they said no.

At least from what I have been told.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Im just thinking about who the **** is actually going to sign up for brawl at apex
I would if I could. I still enjoy the game, as I enjoy all smash games.
When I was at Shuffle, if I had the money, I would have entered in every tournament. My chances of winning were equivalent to the chances of my dad figuring out how to update his Facebook profile photo without my help, but I'd have a lot of fun regardless.

Vashimus

Smash Master
You know he's lost in 2/3 years he has played right?

also, I'd rename this social thread from PM social to The PMS social thread but oh well I cannot
Who the hell even are you? As far as I'm concerned you're just another random who just let himself in the thread to play up the drama.

People have supported the mod for years and have been playing it for years, so yeah, I'd expect them to be pretty damn passionate about it.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
I can't say that I don't understand Alex's decision, in fact, considering how long he has tried to be acknowledged by Nintendo, much less sponsored, I would be far more surprised if he opted to keep PM as an event this year. It's too bad so many people have seen fit to make children of themselves by regressing to foolishness like the purported death threats, and considering how many times Alex has tried to break free from Apex already, it wouldn't really surprise me if this turned out to be his last attempt at pleasing a community that barely resembles what it once was, for better or worse. That said, I am incredibly dissapointed that he would turn his back on such a large and active part of the community, especially considering the realities'of Nintendo's supposed interest. As for a C&D, precedents ARE modern law, and there are quite a few that support this project, however given enough time and money precedents can be overturned etc., long story short I'm fairly confident PM is safe, especially with Nintendo acknowledging its' existence and even having supposed fans within its' employ.
@Archangel, I lurked around this project before you did, I was here for alot of YOUR condescending posts towards the melee scene, do I get a cookie? Also I'll still play Project M, I'm a sucker for games made by the community, for the community. For some reason I've found them to be more interesting, and often of higher quality than their AAA equivalents. So to answer your question, I'll still be a part of the smash scene and will likely still support PM if a C&D comes to pass, will you? Oddly enough I don't recall you being this bitter before, just melodramatic at times, with great I distance on being almost prophetically accurate /shrug. We all have bad days, you seem like a pretty cool person so w/e, sorry you have such a bleak outlook though.

@ Spidermad, I'll give it a shot PM me, no recording setup, though I could try it on Dolphin.

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Who the hell even are you? As far as I'm concerned you're just another random who just let himself in the thread to play up the drama.

People have supported the mod for years and have been playing it for years, so yeah, I'd expect them to be pretty damn passionate about it.
Who the hell are you? I've been a member of Smashboards since early '07 and I play every single smash game at a comp level. I've played in multiple national events and I know Strife pretty well as well, probably a hell of a lot better than you. PM happens to be my favorite game in the series but unlike you, I understand that if Nintendo sponsors a tournament, they wouldn't exactly want a mod to be a big-stage game. I mean it is Nintendo who tried to block melee of all things at Evo. I understand the passion you guys have with this game.

I've also been playing PM for years. The first time I played PM was in demo 2.0. I honestly dislike being an elitist **** but honestly, who are you?

The main reason why I came in this thread was quite simple, to tell you guys that quite simply, Alex has 2 choices here if he is indeed being sponsored by Nintendo:
  • Cancel the sponsorship and risk having the entire stream being cut off/losing other sponsors due to this decision, which would also probably cancel Apex itself.
  • Cancel this single mod game (that happened to have a glorious event last year) or would you like the former to happen?

What would your decision be in his case, not as someone who has never hosted a tournament before and has helped people from every single smash community?

Edit: 2.0 not 1.0

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Just realized the smash club main event is today
And I'm going to have to skip it to study
QQ

Sedda

Smash Champion

It's just pretty funny how you guys are arguing a lot about how PM isn't at Apex, but nobody is doing anything about it, and you're not even having the right conversations. Everybody here is running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I could care less about Brawl tbh, and PM is really fun to watch. Shame that it isn't at Apex.

The conversation you guys should be having is what this means for the future of PM. Nintendo sponsoring Apex just means that their name is going to be under the stream somewhere, and to know that they have the power to keep PM from being in the tournament is really concerning. I said this on another thread, but it's not like Strife is gonna go "umm, no Nintendo. We're going to favor PM over Brawl (which doesn't seem to be growing whatsoever) because Brawl at Apex isn't a logical decision within the competitive world."

Nintendo wouldn't like that, and they're the kinda company who would punch you in the face for looking at it the wrong way. Doesn't that scare the **** out of you guys? Why aren't people setting up threads to discuss this particular angle of Nintendo "giving support" to smash tournaments, effectively eliminating PM action from big enough tournaments? I think PM is going to live and grow for a very long time, but you need to figure out how you're going to get over this hurdle as a community.

imo, a c&d would be a huge mistake for Nintendo in the same way that the whole deal with the "lets plays" was a bad move (and evo 2013 for that matter). I don't know that they'll take that route, but assuming that they don't, what will you guys do?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I like that continuing to be exactly the same grassroots tournament we've been years prior is a risk now. what, do you genuinely think nintendo's that asinine, after evo 2013, after they became a devil in the press for a good amount of time over their lawyers? good lord, I know some people have short memory spans, but that's getting silly.

this was money, through and through. every mention strife has of it, he sounds that he didn't want to ditch it, but something was bigger than us. nintendo has a game that could theoretically sell one of their worst-received consoles of all time up to a reasonable level, I'd like to see how much money the final prize pot for SSB4 will be at APEX knowing that

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Who the hell are you? I've been a member of Smashboards since early '07 and I play every single smash game at a comp level. I've played in multiple national events and I know Strife pretty well as well, probably a hell of a lot better than you. PM happens to be my favorite game in the series but unlike you, I understand that if Nintendo sponsors a tournament, they wouldn't exactly want a mod to be a big-stage game. I mean it is Nintendo who tried to block melee of all things at Evo. I understand the passion you guys have with this game.

I've also been playing PM for years. The first time I played PM was in demo 2.0. I honestly dislike being an elitist **** but honestly, who are you?

The main reason why I came in this thread was quite simple, to tell you guys that quite simply, Alex has 2 choices here if he is indeed being sponsored by Nintendo:
  • Cancel the sponsorship and risk having the entire stream being cut off/losing other sponsors due to this decision, which would also probably cancel Apex itself.
  • Cancel this single mod game (that happened to have a glorious event last year) or would you like the former to happen?

What would your decision be in his case, not as someone who has never hosted a tournament before and has helped people from every single smash community?

Edit: 2.0 not 1.0
While I agree with your overall point, Vash and the others reserve the right to jeer/decry this choice. Objectively, yes, there's a lot of red tape now with Nintendo involved and **** can go downhill if things are handled improperly, but in every other respect it's more or less a **** move.

I think Strife should at least try and explain himself asap rather than duck the issue. Certainly he has ways to do this, right?

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom