• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I am the only guy in my class...and I'm in high school...its like im in a chinese cartoon
Welp, that can either be a great thing or more than likely, a terrible thing.

Just play your cards right and you won't end up like this poor sadsack.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
so like, how do you deal with a crowd behind you yelling and **** talking everybody

i dont mind people crowding around to watch, but yesterday there was a group of people getting hype and **** talking either player whenever the other got off, and i couldnt handle it tbh, it made me tense up and ****

wat do

Player -0

Smash Hero
so like, how do you deal with a crowd behind you yelling and **** talking everybody

i dont mind people crowding around to watch, but yesterday there was a group of people getting hype and **** talking either player whenever the other got off, and i couldnt handle it tbh, it made me tense up and ****

wat do
Equip headphones. +20 Charisma.

Relax and think about waifu. You can also ask them to calm down but then you can't pop off and jump out of your chair.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

wat do
I'm **** so I get **** talked a decent amount, I just try to smile and laugh it off mid-match. Idk, I'm a super momentum based player so it depends on how the match is going when the cheering happens. I've been focusing on mind-sets and maintaining them more than anything else because they affect me way more than they should. Maybe try to twist whatever was happening and use it to fuel a positive mindset that you try to latch on to? Thats what I do.

Oh, you could just git gud

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure no sound reduces my play, though a lot of CRTs are often pretty drowned out in the venue anyways. Since none of the top Melee players use headphones that makes me also not want to.

Hype crowds are easy, Meaningful and Interesting conversation happening right behind you curtails my mind a bit. Unless I'm playing someone I'm probably going to beat; then I can enjoy listening while I win.

And funny you guys are talking about Audio stuff, I just watched yesterday RJD2 going over his stuff I barely grasp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT3fgsyB4D0

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I always thought that Id wear my headphones if something like that ever happens

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Welp, that can either be a great thing or more than likely, a terrible thing.

Just play your cards right and you won't end up like this poor sadsack.

wat do
See quote below
play whilst wearing a butt plug. you won't be able to focus on the crowd. just try not to squeal. works for me 99% of the time.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I wear one with a wolf tail and cut a hole in my pants for it to come out of.

I assumed everyone did it too

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
not gonna lie, that's kinda weird

you gotta go w/ something #cute_af like a cat or bunny tail bro

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542

wat do
headphones
Or when u die
Be like **** off

GrosMinou

Turbo Scrub

wat do
Just yell as loud as you can. people will stop (or laugh.)

Seriously, I just put my headphones so I can't hear them.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I don't really care much about girls in my classes anymore. If I get shot down, it's awkward the rest of the semester. If we hit it off, then I'm practically obligated to talk to her after every class (ugh), and she'll probably wanna do stuff afterwards with friends (UGGGGHHH)...then you break up and it gets awkward anyway. **** dat.
Putting yourself out there(so to speak) is supposed to be done AFTER you've established a livelihood and a future.
School comes first.

Dude, that friendship, could have ended you tho. You coulda became her, "younger brother." Premiere friend zone. ggnore Friendship dangerous

People having mentalities like this, and their priorities this disgustingly skewed =

If you're looking for a quick contest or a one-night stand, don't be so haughty as to involve "friendship". What a farce.
I figured out why Kirby can't be grabbed during his dash attack
Doctor Ninja...

Is your school used for training mecha pilots
Impossible. Mecha do not exist.

...Yet.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
You haven't lived in the friend zone as long as I.
Yeah, because I actually try to friends with girls, unlike most of my idiotic gender.
This is not a defensible point of debate that you are on, you know. lol

wat do
Tune them out.

If they get really obnoxious, threatening body language/death glares that all but state "Stand down, or I'll put you down. Violently." work wonders for me, but how effective that would be for other people varies heavily.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Not saying I don't try to friend girls up from time to time. I'm talking about the friend zone. Where you, I don't know, try to date someone, but they only see you as their friend.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I tried playing with headphones and played noticeably worse. I need the in-game audio cues to play properly. Other people are different and play better with them but I don't.

I just had to get used to people getting hype. For a while, it was nice because most people would cheer for me. These days it would seem people cheer against me at least in my local scene (winning 7 monthlies in a row will do that to you). I just have to block out the sound and focus on the gameplay, or if something particularly silly is said I have to just laugh at it and shrug it off.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Not saying I don't try to friend girls up from time to time. I'm talking about the friend zone. Where you, I don't know, try to date someone, but they only see you as their friend.
Friend zone is self fulfilling.
The kind of guys that believe in friend zone bull**** are the kind of guys that claim to be stuck in it.

GrosMinou

Turbo Scrub
I tried playing with headphones and played noticeably worse. I need the in-game audio cues to play properly. Other people are different and play better with them but I don't.
Just a question like that, what kind of audio queue helps you play?

Also, I tried to play without headphones, but every little sound that is happening in the venue distract me and make me play noticeably worse.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
The kind of guys that believe in friend zone bull**** are the kind of guys that claim to be stuck in it.
Agreed.
It's only an issue if you're expressly seeking a relationship and get none.
Nothing wrong with being just friends, contrary to what fiction and manchildren would like you to believe.

Bazkip

Smash Master
If you don't want to hear other stuff but do need to hear game audio, lots of TVs let you plug in headphones. Problem solved.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
i was gonna complain that you're plugging the wrong hole, but i think the joke's dead now

i'm officially esrb

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Implying that only guys talk about the friendzone and get put in it.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Wow, there are people that don't listen to loud af DnB/EDM when they play? How can you stand the clickityclackity of GC controllers? ****'s irritating
How much stuff do you store in your for when you be kicking it at dem tournaments

Paradoxium

Smash Master

wat do
You stand up, turn around, and yell, "AYE SHUT THE **** UP ***** IMA GO OFF ON YO ASS AFTER DIS ****!!!"

Or you just practice trying to keep calm in high stress situations.

Top Bottom