• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Figures, casuals opinions on the c-stick is basically the same opinions a lot of us have on wobbling.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Im not even hoping for dash dancing at this point
I just want drift Control and running momentum to carry into a jump.

All I want from smash 4 is to feel in control of the movement.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Not saying GimR was a casual lmao i know that. Im talking about the Smash 4 designers making the design choice to cater to casuals who think the C-stick is cheap and should be banned by making it less effective lol. It could be changed but I wouldnt be surprised if it doesn't.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I never understood the argument that the c stick is cheap

i've never struggled with smash attacks without the c stick, but I've always struggled with tilting

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Like I said Cstick is cheap to casuals the same way as Wobbling is cheap to competitive smashers. Both, in their minds, provide too much reward with little effort. They want C-stick banned just as much as Juggleguy wants Wobbling banned. Of course there are some who dont mind it, just as there are people who dont mind wobbling. Same could be said about edge hogging, and guess what they took that away.

But once you get good, you realize and laugh at the idea.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
nono, bro

I was saying that from my casual point of view, the c stick didn't do anything special

from an informed point of view, I still think wobbling is bad, and I'm trying to pick up melee ICs

infinites are bad for the metagame

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
nono, bro

I was saying that from my casual point of view, the c stick didn't do anything special

from an informed point of view, I still think wobbling is bad, and I'm trying to pick up melee ICs

infinites are bad for the metagame
Ik, you're like me, Im pretty sure i used C-stick for aerials and smashes just like now and back then it never seemed OP to me. But I know some casuals who want it banned thinking its just as toxic for the game at a casual level just like infinites. Its a very similar situation, not entirely identical but its probably the closest thing to compare it to.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Not using the c-stick, is a personal choice. Death to these tards, who think it gives some sorta advantage.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
Can anybody give me recommendations for good ps2 games
I need entertainment
On the subject of your guy's opinions of good, older games, what's better, F-Zero GX, Super Mario Sunshine, Pokemon Colosseum, or La-wee-gee's Mansion?

Last edited:

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
On the subject of good aged games, F-Zero GX, Super Mario Sunshine, Pokemon Colosseum, or La-wee-gee's Mansion?
Old games list:
Chrono trigger, LoZ: ALttP, LoZ 1, Super Mario World, Lufia series, Breath of Fire series, Bonks Revenge, Keith's Courage, Legendary Axe, sonic the hedgehog, Knuckles Chaotix, Command & Conquer, Starcraft, Driver, crash bandicoot, Warcraft 2, donkey kong country, Star Fox

the man

Smash Apprentice
PS1 / PS2: Sly Cooper series, Ratchet and clank series, Jak and Daxter series, Legend of Dragoon, FF7-9, Crash Bandicoot.
Too many good games to list.

Bazkip

Smash Master
TF2's a pretty cool game
Acquire hats sell them for real dosh

Just sold an item for $33
Rolling in money

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I need entertainment
So many good games on that system it hurts. I would say Okami, God Hand, Shin Megami Tensei series, The Suffering, Persona games, Dragon Quest games, Jak and Daxter series, Devil May Cry series, Suikoden games, Psi-ops the mindgate conspiracy, Legacy of Kain series, Psychonaunts, War of the Monsters, Metal Gear Solid series, Silent Hill games, Fatal Frame games, Ico, Shadow of the Collussus and Zone of the Enders games.

the man

Smash Apprentice
I agree; I thought spyro was pretty good too but hey.

There is also this rayman
Rayman and Spyro are pretty legit. Metroid prime series, Fire emblem series, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest.

Just some favorites of mine.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
cuz I only have a melee setup and I don't like most melee characters

but anyways, she can't pivot, which is really noticeable when you put popo in sheildbreak stun and screw around as her

Vashimus

Smash Master
I need entertainment
Besides the obvious ones like R&C, Jak, Sly, Metal Gear, GTA, SMT, DMC, GoW, anything by Square-Enix etc?

Baroque
Blood Will Tell
.hack series
R.A.D: Robot Alchemic Drive
- BEST VOICE ACTING EVER
Wild Arms: Alter Code F - remake of the first game
Valkerie Profile 2: Silmeria
Onimusha series
Gungrave
Kinetica
- God damn I wish there was a sequel for this. Awesome futuristic racer.
The Suffering
Fatal Frame series
Siren
Haunting Ground
Chaos Legion
Steambot Chronicles
Primal
Ghosthunter
Zone of the Enders series
Eternal Poison

Psi-ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy -
This **** will make you crack up if you're anything like me.
The Punisher - Also makes me crack the hell up.
Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Hey, it was a good game.
The Bouncer
Mercenaries 2
Destroy All Humans:
Again, makes me crack the hell up. Seeing a pattern here?
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Shadow Hearts series-
The best JRPG series no one talks about. I loved it.
Samurai Western
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai / Tenkachi 3 -
The best 2D and 3D DBZ fighters ever made. The new games don't even come close.
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 / 4 - Really loved playing these with friends since they knew more about Naruto than me.
Spyro: A Hero's Tail - Pretty much the only "good" Spyro game on the PS2. Dawn of the Dragon is fun with co-op though.
Crash Twinsanity: Last "good" Crash game.
God Hand - Yep, makes me crack the hell up.
Shrek Super Slam: This game lol Around my house, this **** was the party game of choice, not Smash. Shrek is love.

At least for ones I've enjoyed the hell out of, though I do tend to gravitate towards "so bad, it's good" kinda games because they're so hilarious to play for me. There still tons more I missed though because the PS2 had such a massive library. Whatever you wanted, it had it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom