• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Player -0

Smash Hero
a lot of animes are adaptations.

as soon as they become anime it's all ogre.

speaking of which been meaning to rego through SAO books but busy and remembered recently. (got like halfthrough book 1 iirc)

Anyone know where tf they keep changelogs for Google Chrome?

They completely changed the UI without like, any warning. The searchbar font is gross and harder to read

Edit - Alicization books. I ain't touching the normal ones again.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
The search bar font/size making it difficult to read is a problem. Then when there isn't a favicon for webpages it shows the blank page icon which sticks out way too much. The reload button looks low quality. I'm pretty sure the tabs are more angular.

A lot of it looks like they tried to make it cleaner via making it smaller or taking out how lines are clearly defined. The problem with this is that they didn't actually make the parts smaller, only the icons inside the buttons smaller and (what looks like) lower quality.

The text was randomly changed blue for searchbar stuff.

upload_2016-9-20_0-2-41.png

When clicking the up arrow clicking it again doesn't make the menu go down???

There are 3 dots for the menu instead of the 3 bars? Couldn't have kept it the least bit wide? It covers the same space

Even more of a problem is there's no changelog that's immediately shown to the user (I don't even know if there is one) so users end up thinking something is off but not sure.

I almost like the changes to make chrome cleaner but the're just awkward and jarring compared to the old chrome.

Life

Smash Hero
I remember when a friend dragged me to Catching Fire (the second Hunger Games movie, the one that ends on a cliffhanger). Having already read the books (which were alright I guess), I knew what I was in for. But clearly someone in the back of the theater did not. When the logo appeared at the end of the movie they started saying something along the lines of "what? no. NO. you're not allowed to do that" and I couldn't help myself but heckle: "Shoulda read the books!"

Was the best part of the movie tbh.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
People are pretentious nerds no matter what form of fiction they prefer, myself included, so I don't get why it's being treated as a pissing contest.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Wait? Did the Lunchables build really get canned?

Damn it, I was actually looking forward to it. :/

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
WTF have you not watched any movie ever.
I have, thank you. And nothing compares to a succession of over the top battles performed by flamboyant characters that seem to possess the most improbable powers (except that one guy who just punches things), that has been going for 30 YEARS and that doesn't seem to be stopping.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
I dont understand how that got shut down but like, Legacy XP is cool...?
As far as I know, until TE existed for Legacy XP, it was never intended to be competitive. If it was, they were kidding themselves by a long shot.

Lunchabuild had competitive implications, which is something I think puts them in the same path OG PMDT was headed before they ceased.

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
As far as I know, until TE existed for Legacy XP, it was never intended to be competitive. If it was, they were kidding themselves by a long shot.

Lunchabuild had competitive implications, which is something I think puts them in the same path OG PMDT was headed before they ceased.
It just seems odd to me, like, what is the line crossed here? Legacy is editing PM's stuff with small changes to the cast, tons of added aesthetics and 4 (?) new characters, one of which is blatantly from Smash4. Lunchabuild is meant to be relatively tame in that its only does some bug fixes / tweaking.

Player -0

Smash Hero
yeaaah. The fact Smashboard's news page is a sub box is kind of a pain

I don't need to know Omni is making more videos. Smashified has cool art stuff/processes but even it's still eh.

Bayonetta amiibo is actually relevant and not a sub box.

weh

also cramps weh.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
English teachers are idiots.
Write a personal non-fiction narrative. Make it dramatic or comedic.
These boxes are almost impossible to tick together.
What a waste.

Calling fiction real is a practical skill I guess.

MLGF

Smash Lord
You know, when it comes down to it, I'm not a top Ike. I don't have it in me to play campy in the matchups that I should and I refuse to play optimal if it comes at the cost of compromising my joy of the game.

But god damn, I have a long list of hype gifs I could probably post on /r/ssbpm over the course of a year for ez karma. And really,
that's what actually matters.

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
That's when you have to find ways to succeed that don't compromise your enjoyment of the game. How can you get away with doing whatever it is you want to be doing, as much as possible?

But that's better left for players that know Ike better than I do.

MLGF

Smash Lord
I get away with it enough, I usually make it to at least top 5 at my locals easily and am getting far closer to beating the top 3 in the state. It's pretty good for how genuinely uncompromising my playstyle is. I just know playing like this consistently at the top level at regionals is... much more difficult to say the least.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
To be good, you have to play like a *****

Camping is literally the best option in pm/smash and it sucks

Bleck

Smash Master
if only there were parts of the game that people had to deal with that functionally dissuaded camping

I'm sure we wouldn't just turn those off and/or ban them without thinking of the consequences or anything, heavens no

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I get away with it enough, I usually make it to at least top 5 at my locals easily and am getting far closer to beating the top 3 in the state. It's pretty good for how genuinely uncompromising my playstyle is. I just know playing like this consistently at the top level at regionals is... much more difficult to say the least.
You can just be the big fish in the small pond. As long as it's worth your time/money.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You can just be the big fish in the small pond. As long as it's worth your time/money.
florida isnt exactly a small pond

as for being optimal with ike, going in is usually correct because ikes camping/defensive options suck. your mobility sucks, your OOS options suck, you have no real ground control, and no way to control the opponent. hence you have no reason to think you'll win neutral and dont really have the luxury of camping, you'll just get pinned and killed by a talented opponent. playing for the gfy is closer to optimal than most people would like to admit for this particular character.

Top Bottom