• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
my keyboard has some jank glitch that occurs where both of my alt keys become rapidfire keys, which prevents alt tabbing and it's really annoying. i have a corsair k70 rgb and corsair utility engine to make it look pretty. if anyone here can fix it i'll give you a thank

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
i thought it was all gps, so as long as it could move in a large enough circle enough to register, it would give you distance.

but i also don't know too much about the mechanics of it, sooooo...
Every minute it takes your original spot and the spot you're currently at, then draws a line between them and thats how much distance is applied to the egg

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Idk whenever I open the app my character paces back and forth for like 10_20 meters so I figure if I repeat this 250 times I can hatch a 5km egg

Player -0

Smash Hero
I've been playing FireRed. Trying to run through the Elite 4 with level 40s (kinda meh team), 20 revives and like barely any potions.

Gotta say.

@Jolteon and @Leafeon are putting in work in a way. Kinda in the kamikaze way but important biz.

They're letting Grey Belnades Grey Belnades get super buff and roll through like 3 pokemanz.

PlateProp PlateProp is dying to rock tomb a lot and spamming blast burn

@Helsong is spamming toxic and stuff

I'm spamming thunder wave when applicable and realizing that thunderbolt does like, the same damage as thunder.

Lapras is un-named and I haven't found a good pokemanz that can surf and has good name. (Only a special Pikachu from an event can learn surf apparently which is super lame)

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP is still in the daycare lol. I think he's gained 40 levels

Trying to go through vods of myself looking for my mistakes and taking notes on what I could have done better, but it's so difficult. I think I should just look for interactions I lost or didn't optimize and take notes on what happened, why and what I should have done. Self improvement is so hard. I wish I had a coach.
I could try to help?

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
today in smash news:

omni is dumb
anti may be wrong but he keeps it real
esports is killing smash
the dichotomy isn't between "people who are trying to make it" and "people who have made it" anymore, it's between "spectators" and "top players"
this dichotomy works when you have a closed invitational tournament or some sort of professional series, but there's nothing close to that in sm4sh and there's barely one in melee and that's definitely not how it works in grassroots tournaments

and the anime fgc is still the best

tl;dr: omni is an idiot and smash sucks

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
today in smash news:

omni is dumb
anti may be wrong but he keeps it real
esports is killing smash
the dichotomy isn't between "people who are trying to make it" and "people who have made it" anymore, it's between "spectators" and "top players"
this dichotomy works when you have a closed invitational tournament or some sort of professional series, but there's nothing close to that in sm4sh and there's barely one in melee and that's definitely not how it works in grassroots tournaments

and the anime fgc is still the best

tl;dr: omni is an idiot and smash sucks
stop being such a Jim

I feel like I never post here anymore

how are you cuties doing

I miss helsong

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I could try to help?
I think I'm doing fine it's just a really tiring process
But if you're down for it and have a few hours to waste I can dump you some vods
Always down for a second opinion

EDIT:Also tonight I beat a falcon player for the first time after losing like 12 sets
And my next round was another falcon player who sent me to losers
Effffffffffffff

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You should, like, do something about that.

Take up a hobby, walk outside, call your parents. Life is worth living.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Which of you nerds here is going to Rewired? I'm on the fence of going but seems like a pretty sweet event (KI/Marvel and 24 hour stations).

I've been playing FireRed. Trying to run through the Elite 4 with level 40s (kinda meh team), 20 revives and like barely any potions.

Gotta say.

@Jolteon and @Leafeon are putting in work in a way. Kinda in the kamikaze way but important biz.

They're letting Grey Belnades Grey Belnades get super buff and roll through like 3 pokemanz.

PlateProp PlateProp is dying to rock tomb a lot and spamming blast burn

@Helsong is spamming toxic and stuff

I'm spamming thunder wave when applicable and realizing that thunderbolt does like, the same damage as thunder.

Lapras is un-named and I haven't found a good pokemanz that can surf and has good name. (Only a special Pikachu from an event can learn surf apparently which is super lame)

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP is still in the daycare lol. I think he's gained 40 levels

I could try to help?
MOVE OVER NEW POKEMON

Lizalfos

Smash Master
The Startrek movies are such trash. I get they are fun, but it is a dead amusement park fun. With 15$ funnel cakes, bad 90s music in the hr long lines, and while I ride the roller coaster I just don't feel anything. I plug along and go again. I know what to expect from the ride, it loops back to where we started, so that we can spend our money and ride again.

I just have to accept that a powerful tool for telling stories has become cheap amusement in terms of the mainstream. I know that box office hit blockbusters can be more than this: I thought that the Robocop reboot was ok, although it felt abridged (yet to see the original), Total Recall (this one was the original) was both bombastic and engaging from a story view. The Matrix too. All of these are good examples of Sci-fi action movies that use their scifi setting for more than space magic and explosions. You think just a little, even if it's just a surface level thing that is kinda silly in itself.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Is the FGC any better or worse than the Smash community? Last time I checked SoCal PM is gross so I could use a change in scenery.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Have you been to last year? How was it?
last year went really well. Its a nice hotel, and we'll have much more room this year as well. The AZ smash scene and FGC mesh really well, its a good grassroots event with very transparent funding/planning process. I'll probably help out with melee/pm TOing this year

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Is the FGC any better or worse than the Smash community? Last time I checked SoCal PM is gross so I could use a change in scenery.
ehh just more different

the fgc is a little more put together in terms of that it doesn't feel like it constantly has to prove itself and is a little less obviously money hungry

meanwhile, smash is less openly hostile and far more "professional" but that in itself leads to a bunch of childish behavior and cringeworthy things

they're more similar than they are different but basically fgc people are assholes and smash people are annoying

of course for the most part both are full of fine and great people, your mileage may vary

how is socal pm gross though?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
last year went really well. Its a nice hotel, and we'll have much more room this year as well. The AZ smash scene and FGC mesh really well, its a good grassroots event with very transparent funding/planning process. I'll probably help out with melee/pm TOing this year
Cool. Seems like a must attend. Just gotta take care of the housing and I'm set to attend.

how is socal pm gross though?
I bet they watch anime and/or have waifus.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yo nerds, who wants in on my discord?

https://discord.gg/2R6fG
optimism is a meme

down with memes

up with suffering
Everything is a meme if you think about it
It's very "Your Mileage May Vary"

Some areas have a better FGC than Smash community, some areas have better Smash than FGC, some both are ****, some both are good.

Just hit up a local and try it out.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Smash (all of the games really) are pretty much the weed of fighting games at this point. It's trash and dumb to smoke. But those stoners are all about it and put it on a pedestal.

But for real, the Smash community has been the whackest recently. I find it very hard to take any of the games seriously any more. Especially there's a plethora of alternatives now with Street Fighter V, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev, KoF XIV, Moron Kombat X, and stuff like Tekken 7 on the horizon.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Smash (all of the games really) are pretty much the weed of fighting games at this point. It's trash and dumb to smoke. But those stoners are all about it and put it on a pedestal.

But for real, the Smash community has been the whackest recently. I find it very hard to take any of the games seriously any more. Especially there's a plethora of alternatives now with Street Fighter V, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev, KoF XIV, Moron Kombat X, and stuff like Tekken 7 on the horizon.
What about Marvel?

Top Bottom