• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Nonspecific PSA to the ****boys attempting to "call me out" in the tier list thread, spamming in the process, and whining when a moderator that isn't me infracts them for such: accomplish 1% of what I have in my smash career and I may begin to give a ****.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
if you consider me telling you that you acted like a bit of a baby to be "calling out", I guess

but hey, who needs to acknowledge the people who did beat you in tournament fair and square when you can do this for another ten or so hours

D

Deleted member

if you consider me telling you that you acted like a bit of a baby to be "calling out", I guess

but hey, who needs to acknowledge the people who did beat you in tournament fair and square when you can do this for another ten or so hours
and this is why everyone good at the game hates your ****ing guts

especially me

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I like to acknowledge that being good at the game isn't a magical pass that justifies doing dumb things. I'm not a fan of repeating myself, but apparently I need to repeat that constantly whenever you argue this

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

well you dont have to deal with the stress of tournaments against the best players in the world or people giving you **** about losing at all because "lol you made the game" or you label an accomplished world class player a scrub. youre just a massive piece of living garbage thats ****ty about people having opinions when you have zero ground to stand on. when i was a mod i would ban ass **** like you and laugh about it, youre lucky adam is willing to tolerate your bull ****

Last edited by a moderator:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
well you dont have to deal with the stress of tournaments against the best players in the world or people giving you **** about losing at all because "lol you made the game" or you label an accomplished world class player a scrub. youre just a massive piece of living garbage thats ****ty about people having opinions when you have zero ground to stand on. when i was a mod i would ban assfags like you and laugh about it, youre lucky adam is willing to tolerate your bull ****
oh good, homophobic slurs. glad to see you, uh, doubled down.

it's not hard to say that you handled something without much sportsmanship, and then learn from it. this is explicitly based on being a poor loser, and believing that you can somehow snuff or excuse your opponent's victory, which did happen, and which other top PM players were against on twitter

D

Deleted member

yeah i mean top players are ****ty with each other a little but we stop at a point because its a shared experience and we all get it. like i tease strongbad a little but i still acknowledge hes ****ing amazing at the game. you want to talk about aportsmanship? try being ripple and driving ten hours to fold in a god awful MU. try being m2k when literally the entire venue is against you. ****ing dirtboy does the jank, loses to luck, and then says diddy is jank. and thats fine because we all get it. shove your sportsmanship up your ass and die from sepsis.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
no, I'm shoving it up my "assfag", you said so yourself.

you keep bending around excuses, casually forgetting that those excuses are precisely what your issue is. again, it's not as if your mindset is universal, other top players have stated otherwise (and certainly, it'd be a mocking point if you genuinely tried this in any other fighting game outside of SSB)

Last edited:

interpunct

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EliteInterpunct
3DS FC
3110-5751-3360
I am honestly confused whether or not these guys are seriously fighting or just being sarcastic with each other.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If the community is too immature to learn from my opinions then I don't need to share them.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
idk mang I just reposted some things made on a public social network idk if that counts as "calling out"

my main point was that snake players showed up this weekend both with prof not losing a game and then azer and flaffy finishing a lot higher than projected

oh and that snake makes people mad

edit: and squirtle

but I'm bad so lmao

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I am honestly confused whether or not these guys are seriously fighting or just being sarcastic with each other.
no idea, but if it is genuine he digs his own grave every single time his mindset morphs slowly and slowly back to the years when unsubtle homophobia + threatening strangers over the internet was consider high-class conversation

like there's all this "HOW DARE YOU EVER CRITICIZE" and everyone's just kind of ignoring how constantly 2010 and earlier this is all looking like

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

no idea, but if it is genuine he digs his own grave every single time his mindset morphs slowly and slowly back to the years when unsubtle homophobia + threatening strangers over the internet was consider high-class conversation

like there's all this "HOW DARE YOU EVER CRITICIZE" and everyone's just kind of ignoring how constantly 2010 and earlier this is all looking like
im not homophobic, i just hate you and want you to **** off. youre just snide and ****ty to people that actually go out and play. no one gives a **** about your better than though garbage, youre just annoying.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Haha wow the opinions this thread
I'll come back when I'm sober and I can have an opinion too

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
Can someone clarify the rules of smash Strong Bad is referring to? The only one I can think of is being above someone=bad

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
im not homophobic, i just hate you and want you to **** off. youre just snide and ****ty to people that actually go out and play. no one gives a **** about your better than though garbage, youre just annoying.
the fact that you're still desperate to pin it on me when I'm not even the only person to argue these things isn't a very good sign of this conversation

of course, neither is considering snideness to be the worst thing on the planet in between your gasps of

and this is why everyone good at the game hates your ****ing guts
when i was a mod i would ban assfags like you and laugh about it,
shove your sportsmanship up your *** and die from sepsis

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
"Top players are so elitist, why don't they post on smashboards and help us learn and get better through debate and discussion?"

seriously. I dont see what he has to complain about, since he plays a character who has BS and is actually good. Im guessing he went Wario, and theres no way the matchup could be that bad for Wario
Screenshot_2016-02-21-02-32-33.png

You can't write the story better if you tried

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Holy ****, what did I miss?
I don't do voice chat
So if the discord is mostly voice/real-time sound then I won't really be there
Discord has voice chat, but most people just use text. I'm part of a bunch of rooms but most of the time the voice channels are dead cause it's easier to stick to text.

interpunct

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EliteInterpunct
3DS FC
3110-5751-3360
For a second I thought this was the tier list thread. Holy **** Strong Bad is livid. If you want we can play netplay, I'll pick Squirtle and just side b and neutral b constantly until you can punish with reads man. And every stock I'll make sure to do the glasses taunt so it's more satisfying for you when you break 'em, deal?

D

Deleted member

you ******* know that I'm like, coming back pretty soon and project m won't be the same because all the baddies in my area are going to be in the ground

you feel me?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Holy ****, what did I miss?
upsets happened at sbw, responses were not kind, responses to responses were not kind, etc etc

for the record: I'm not telling anyone they can't dislike a character, that'd be silly. my issue was more in how a lot of the complaints would actively disrespect the person who beat them, entirely within the game. you can still see it in how SB keeps defending himself; his opponent never "earned" their win, as if picking a good character for the situation isn't an important part of a game. it's not his fault that he lost, and he's still better, obviously, so the fault is someone else's, despite the fact that the very core of a tournament is built around a fairly objective "in this moment, player A is better than player B, as seen here"

likewise, just genuine acknowledgement of it's all that matters here; most of the responses acted like I was personally calling for their heads, when oracle was sort of the strongest of the examples and the reason I haven't mentioned him much was because he realized it, kept it in mind and moved on. that's all that needed to happen, and good on him for it

it's pretty clear, though, that a good number of ppl just specifically hate me (same people arguing as before, constantly referencing those arguments before despite little relevance), so I'm just gonna guess they're assuming the worst out of everything I say. oh well

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
For a second I thought this was the tier list thread. Holy **** Strong Bad is livid. If you want we can play netplay, I'll pick Squirtle and just side b and neutral b constantly until you can punish with reads man. And every stock I'll make sure to do the glasses taunt so it's more satisfying for you when you break 'em, deal?
the problem with that is that reads only work vs players clearly worse than you. if you know what the opponent is going to do, of course you can outplay them and still win (well, most of the time, some MUs are so bad you can't win even if you outplay the opponent). good smash play is basically focused around not committing unnecessarily and waiting for the opponent to hand you a punt, so being the faster character is a strong strategic advantage with no real downside. some characters arent that fast and are still very good, but they generally have some way to negotiate the speed issue. in this game, i would say that good characters that are not really all that fast are limited to like rob and mewtwo, and both of them can negotiate speed to some extent with their specials.

---

edit: no one is "assuming" anything, you're just hella ****ing annoying and i hate you. i really couldn't be more obvious about it. this isn't like, passive, or homophobic, or whatever other stupid **** you think it is. you're stupid and annoying and i hate you

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I dunno, I'm not a top player, or even a mid-level player, so I'll just keep whatever uninformed opinions I have to myself like I usually do.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
edit: no one is "assuming" anything, you're just hella ****ing annoying and i hate you. i really couldn't be more obvious about it. this isn't like, passive, or homophobic, or whatever other stupid **** you think it is. you're stupid and annoying and i hate you and want you to actually die IRL so that you can no longer post on smashboards.com
well I mean, I tend to be able to talk decently enough with everyone else but you

you're really hanging on the fact that I referred to the things you said as homophobic while still constantly ignoring the homophobic slur you pretty bluntly stated. that post before wasn't really joke-y, you're looking worse and worse the more you respond here

D

Deleted member

I dunno, I'm not a top player, or even a mid-level player, so I'll just keep whatever uninformed opinions I have to myself like I usually do.
no, i don't want you to have that impression. it's okay to not know things and ask questions and learn and hell even be salty about it sometimes along the way. i learn something new about this game almost every day, often from players worse than me, all the time. and that's a big appeal to this game over melee. our world class players having gaps of knowledge is actually pretty cool because it lets people just below them catch up quickly and pull out the unlikely win. the problem is when X person comes in with zero background and credentials and starts talking down to you and giving you **** for it, having zero accomplishments and no way to relate to the situations themselves.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
edit: no one is "assuming" anything, you're just hella ****ing annoying and i hate you. i really couldn't be more obvious about it. this isn't like, passive, or homophobic, or whatever other stupid **** you think it is. you're stupid and annoying and i hate you
I'm sorry, but this is not okay to say. Maybe you should take a break, this isn't that serious that you should want someone to die.

I've never seen PillsBuryDopeBoy PillsBuryDopeBoy post outside of discord.

edit: made it less insulting

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I've stated up and down that overall skill level (or "credentials") has little to do with not being a jerk

I'm done on trying to push the idea. I've been fairly silent recently w/ the intent of just listening, and all things considered this was my one little burst back out. if the idea will ever be fully understood, it clearly won't be from me, and above all else it won't be in a conversation with someone wishing for my death

apologies to the poor souls who had to read the last page

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
I'm sorry, but this is not okay to say. Maybe you should take a break, this isn't that serious that you should want someone to die.

I've never seen PillsBuryDopeBoy PillsBuryDopeBoy post outside of discord.

edit: made it less insulting
I come here once every few hundred millennia to see how things are. Didn't you know Kurri? I was an OG PMS member (Who Mansta had a gigantic crush on mind you), gosh the stuff we talked about back then wewlad. Good times, good times.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
All this, over

Some advice going forward: if you people make me on a bad day look tame over something trivial like this, you've dun goofed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom