• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I may be married to a handsome plumber with a green hat

but a femboy swordsman is currently seducing me right now

goddamnit marth why does b-reverse side be have to be so fun why does your sword have to flow so well you have such beautiful curves

also damnit I'd be tempted to play marth in melee except no rar, no b-reverse, and no option to turn tap jump off

I also finally figured out why I'm not grabbing enough (or at least I have a silly hunch) it's because pressing z hurts my finger so now I've just converted by r button to grab so I can softpress r with my middle and index fingers together to grab and it feels so much better
I've been seduced by a red headed ice dragon weilding a fire sword

Maybe if I main Roy now I can get some Solid Fundamentals TM

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Mall was packed today when I went shopping with my Aunt so she could get last minute presents.
During the chaos while talking to my Aunt with my head to the side, this little cholo shoulder checks me and ends up falling back.
I offer him a hand to help him up, and he hits my hand away w.e nbd. So we keep on walking and he waits til we have a crowd of people between us to shout out "You're lucky I'm in a good mood!"
looooooooooooooooooooooooooolz
those guys are hilarious smh

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
CORY CORY Allow me to state from experience that hoodlums are only funny if they don't get allowed any chances to be more than just talk. They ain't really so comedic in the big picture.
I'm just sitting here doing double ganon in home run and everyone has to give me ****

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I like the prequels
I only watched the original trilogy once when I was a hella small kid and I only remember bits and pieces
Fight me(but don't because internet fights are dumb)

On a related note I really like the Clone Wars
I'm on S2 E16 rn and am having a good time

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I like the prequels
I only watched the original trilogy once when I was a hella small kid and I only remember bits and pieces
Fight me(but don't because internet fights are dumb)

On a related note I really like the Clone Wars
I'm on S2 E16 rn and am having a good time
Clone wars are cool.
Also in a child's mind the prequels are great. Probably because your imagination can put up with the overuse of CGI sets and bad acting and you think the romance seems legit enough. I remember when I was like 11 they were pretty ok, but I also rewinded a lot because confusing politics and taxes. This was also supplemented by a lot of the 3d animated star wars clone wars. I think I already was really committed to Starwars being good and just enjoyed it for adding to the universe despite the fact it was pretty bad from a movie standpoint. I'm actually trying to remember if I saw the TV series or movies first.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
Clone wars are cool.
Also in a child's mind the prequels are great. Probably because your imagination can put up with the overuse of CGI sets and bad acting and you think the romance seems legit enough. I remember when I was like 11 they were pretty ok, but I also rewinded a lot because confusing politics and taxes. This was also supplemented by a lot of the 3d animated star wars clone wars. I think I already was really committed to Starwars being good and just enjoyed it for adding to the universe despite the fact it was pretty bad from a movie standpoint. I'm actually trying to remember if I saw the TV series or movies first.
when i was 5 pod racing was the ****ing ****

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Also hory shet episodes 4-6 were animated with stop-motion and you can clearly see the splicing when they turn their light-sabers on/off, can we get over the "bad" CGI of 1-3 lmfao
Also George Lucas can't write a female character to save his own life let alone the galaxy, never mind writing a believable love story.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Also hory shet episodes 4-6 were animated with stop-motion and you can clearly see the splicing when they turn their light-sabers on/off, can we get over the "bad" CGI of 1-3 lmfao
Also George Lucas can't write a female character to save his own life let alone the galaxy, never mind writing a believable love story.
4-6 is actually revolutionary for the time effects, and I guess that 1-3 wanted the same, but they went too far. Everything was an effect, nothing was practical, and that is just not the way to do things. You can go too far. While the effects in the OG trilogy are now similarly bad, they aren't in every scene and they complement the story and action instead of consuming it.

Also I was watching a stream and was wondering what that G2A thing is and apparently a cancer is the full answer.
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/190308-is-g2a-legit-why-so-cheap-if-so/

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
and for the time, that was some incredible special effects.

i honestly remember very little about I-III, so i don't remember the cgi. if it was up to par for the time, but didn't age well it's one thing. if it was average or "why didn't you just use practical effects", that's another.

on another note: since i'm going to be making yarn wefts the rest of my life, i can't santafy my avatar with hats on the boos and belle-ston. anyone bored and want to help out?

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
IDK I watched and loved Aku no Hana despite its infamous rotoscoping so I don't really care enough to have an opinion on those grounds.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Just got back from Forte 3.

Plate is garbage. And he will remain garbage. Next time know where you're going Jesus christ.

Also rip stream when I was on commentary.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
And with my usual "writing at the last minute" right before midnight when the paper's due, I'm done with the semester. Now to cross my fingers and hope I can convince my Geology professor to give me that .05% credit to bump up to a B.

Also, Disneyland AKA Line Simulator Land was fun.

CameraZOOM-20151218171635434.jpg

I will miss you, Beckhay Lynchooves.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Found this Leo player who was pretty equal to my skill level, We were spacing each other out with normals and it was a good time and stuff. I was live streaming it and was going to upload the videos to youtube to keep as like a progress marker but then I realized Hitbox set my recording option to 'off' so none of it got saved

And now I'm slightly upset
So, it turns out that this game is amazing as it automatically creates replays of all your online matches which I didn't think of at all

Some notes:

*I blue screened 4 times trying to record the first 2 sets, starting at the third one I switched the encoder to h.264 on my cpu instead of the one on my gpu. As a result the rest of the video looks different(probably for the best). I also tripled the volume in case it was too low after that point, didn't feel like rerecording because I spent an hour already trying to record the same thing
*9:17 (The third set) I feel like was our best match, but I felt like I was doing my current best at 18:29
*Second set I fell for too many counters. In general I probably press too many buttons and should slow down a bit to be more thoughtful of stuff. I ended up mostly punishing his combo strings as he'd almost always end with a counter which I stopped falling for after the second set.
*I probably needed to DP more... sometimes when going for a stun edge I get a DP, and when I go for a DP they either aren't in range or I don't input it correctly. FeelsBadMan. Also failed to mixup stuff when he was knocked down, I only used enhanced stun edge with maybe a grinder. I think a j.S is a good crossup tool? Not sure

SunJester

Smash Ace
I enjoy watching Dragon Ball Super and One Punch Man back to back because it just proves how garbage Super is.

(Both are spoilers for ep 12 of OPM and ep who cares of Super)

https://streamable.com/4g3h (Final Fight of Season 1)

http://a.pomf.cat/vsognz.webm (teh epic dual of goku and freezer)

Super is actually embarrassingly bad. I didn't expect it to be great...was DBZ really this bad? I genuinely don't remember. You'd think one of the most popular animes in the world would have a decent budget behind it, but it just goes to show you they threw money at Toriyama to write some sequel stuff so they could **** out a new series.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
went to sleep, woke up expecting people to be heavily talking about forte 3, barely even see any mention of it at all on /r/ssbpm

???????

best new twitch chat spam:
Twitch
Where
Was
You
When
I
Was
Spammin’?
Now
I
Mod
The
Stream
Got
The
Whole
Chat
Jammin’
KING
KAPPA
when you got the memes (WHAT'S THE MEMES)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I enjoy watching Dragon Ball Super and One Punch Man back to back because it just proves how garbage Super is.

(Both are spoilers for ep 12 of OPM and ep who cares of Super)

https://streamable.com/4g3h (Final Fight of Season 1)

http://a.pomf.cat/vsognz.webm (teh epic dual of goku and freezer)

Super is actually embarrassingly bad. I didn't expect it to be great...was DBZ really this bad? I genuinely don't remember. You'd think one of the most popular animes in the world would have a decent budget behind it, but it just goes to show you they threw money at Toriyama to write some sequel stuff so they could **** out a new series.
Yeah, OPM is so much better that it's hilarious, but that's also because Madhouse are amazing. I was also curious on why the animation and art work are so terrible when you consider how popular DB is. I don't think the fight scenes are good, either.

At least the plot is more interesting post-BotG arc, though I did enjoy RoF way more than BotG in the first place. I hope it stays this way.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
So, it turns out that this game is amazing as it automatically creates replays of all your online matches which I didn't think of at all

Some notes:

*I blue screened 4 times trying to record the first 2 sets, starting at the third one I switched the encoder to h.264 on my cpu instead of the one on my gpu. As a result the rest of the video looks different(probably for the best). I also tripled the volume in case it was too low after that point, didn't feel like rerecording because I spent an hour already trying to record the same thing
*9:17 (The third set) I feel like was our best match, but I felt like I was doing my current best at 18:29
*Second set I fell for too many counters. In general I probably press too many buttons and should slow down a bit to be more thoughtful of stuff. I ended up mostly punishing his combo strings as he'd almost always end with a counter which I stopped falling for after the second set.
*I probably needed to DP more... sometimes when going for a stun edge I get a DP, and when I go for a DP they either aren't in range or I don't input it correctly. FeelsBadMan. Also failed to mixup stuff when he was knocked down, I only used enhanced stun edge with maybe a grinder. I think a j.S is a good crossup tool? Not sure
Fight @Deotay if you want to learn how to fight against Leo. Fight me again sometime and we can figure out what you can work on.

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Super wouldn't be terribly animated if Toei wasn't the studio behind it. They butcher One Piece every single week. You'd think the studio with rights to all the major shonen series wouldn't outsource and give good animation instead of the promise of a slightly looking better BD.
I think it was a terrible idea to try to flesh out two movies into their own arcs however, I enjoyed RoF as a movie. It's definitely done so the Anime won't catch up to the manga. The manga covered BoG in three chapters and Toriyama said "ehh forget RoF and skipped straight to the next arc"

Edit: Too bad OPM S2 is like never since the touch-up works at a snail's pace.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
And with my usual "writing at the last minute" right before midnight when the paper's due, I'm done with the semester. Now to cross my fingers and hope I can convince my Geology professor to give me that .05% credit to bump up to a B.

Also, Disneyland AKA Line Simulator Land was fun.

I will miss you, Beckhay Lynchooves.
look, man, we need to see your boots.

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
Yea the animation for Dragonball Super is so hit and miss, that it's hard to not put together that this whole production was rushed from the get go, and that's a real shame since I loved watching Dragonball and Dragonball Z as a kid.

At least the story and comedy is still there somewhat

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
my parents did christmas shopping for me today at walmart

something tells me this thing sticking out of my stocking is shampoo

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
As someone who takes care of his hygiene on his own, you can never have too much in the way of bath/shower supplies. Never.

Top Bottom