• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Vashimus

Smash Master
lol because how I choose to play a ****ing videogame is relevant to this topic. I think it's funny you checked my info for my age, too. I graduated highschool early and am starting college soon, if you want more information about me. Anyway, do you honestly think women are better off overall being subservient to men? Like, is this a real belief you hold? Are you a conservative or something? A creationist? Do you think global warming was invented by the chinese? I'm curious to see if you're in reality or not. Sorry for the late reply. I barely go on this website.
Also, please provide a link to where you read your "facts."
Good for you. I started high school early, and regretted it ever since.

No, I was just playing up ignorance for the sake of having an argument. I get sick and tired of opening a thread and finding someone ranting about some random issue out the blue, with almost everyone else plugging their ears and trying to change the subject to avoid conflict. So screw it, if you wanna talk about it, let's put it all out there and give the radical viewpoints, even if they're ridiculous or controversial. They're probably chomping at the bit to have an argument anyway, so we might as well have it, get all the tension out the way, and move on already.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJIIIIII

SOMEONE ELSE WATCHES IT YESSS

AAAAAA TATSUMAKIII SHE'S SO CUTE STOP SHOWING HER TO ME AAAAAAA

I DONT WANT THIS WAIFU

why are you even here?
I heard about this anime from a friend, but now it's got PMS approval...
Looks like all productivity is for naught today.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I've been sick all week. Basically just lying in bed all day.

Which means I've had plenty of time to play video games.

God damn Rocket League is dangerous. I think I'm better than a lot of new players just by virtue of not being super dumb about everything all the time. Nobody understands that if you're farthest from the ball at the start, you don't ****ing boost right into everyone in a cluster****, just calm your **** for a second and then take advantage of wherever it goes or remain on defense to stop and advances that the forward guys can't take care of because they committed. Everyone always just clusters up around the ball like third graders playing soccer.

I should play more ranked so that I end up playing with better people, but it's incredibly frustrating to lose a game while scoring multiple times, but the rest of my team gets nothing done, and have my rank go down despite almost carrying. Usually it's not too bad, but when it happens multiple times in a row it doesn't really make me want to play more in that session.

Steam Controller is also great so far. I'm totally biased, but I'm really enjoying it so far. Mostly it's been a tool for me to be extra lazy. Seriously, I can comfortably browse the internet while lying down in my bed now. Just lie on my side, CTRL+ALT+side arrow to turn the display, and then use the controller under my blankets to browse the interwebs. The downside is that I can't use the Steam keyboard thingie on desktop, but I hear people are working on ways to do that. Way better than a normal trackpad, more flexible than a mouse, so it made my sickness much more tolerable. I can keep warm and waste time!

As far as actual applications, it seems to work pretty well. I played some Rocket League with it, but there were few differences besides where the buttons were, since I was still just using joystick and buttons for the most part. The real interesting bits were playing TF2 and CS:GO. Those really highlighted to me how bad everyone is at those games. I mean I know how bad people are at Smash, but people are really bad at FPS games, too. I only played casual modes in CSGO and random pubs in TF2, but I actually got like top 3 on my team in both games consistently, using a controller for pretty much the first time. I haven't experimented much with using the gyro properly (I used it for TF2, but I was lying in bed), but it seems like a neat addition for FPS stuff. Mostly it feels nice and clicky. Would buy again, especially since I got Rocket League for free with it.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
Steam Controller is also great so far. I'm totally biased, but I'm really enjoying it so far. Mostly it's been a tool for me to be extra lazy. Seriously, I can comfortably browse the internet while lying down in my bed now. Just lie on my side, CTRL+ALT+side arrow to turn the display, and then use the controller under my blankets to browse the interwebs. The downside is that I can't use the Steam keyboard thingie on desktop, but I hear people are working on ways to do that. Way better than a normal trackpad, more flexible than a mouse, so it made my sickness much more tolerable. I can keep warm and waste time!

As far as actual applications, it seems to work pretty well. I played some Rocket League with it, but there were few differences besides where the buttons were, since I was still just using joystick and buttons for the most part. The real interesting bits were playing TF2 and CS:GO. Those really highlighted to me how bad everyone is at those games. I mean I know how bad people are at Smash, but people are really bad at FPS games, too. I only played casual modes in CSGO and random pubs in TF2, but I actually got like top 3 on my team in both games consistently, using a controller for pretty much the first time. I haven't experimented much with using the gyro properly (I used it for TF2, but I was lying in bed), but it seems like a neat addition for FPS stuff. Mostly it feels nice and clicky. Would buy again, especially since I got Rocket League for free with it.
what i really want to know is if you can play osu! with a steam controller :troll:

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Or maybe they believe in it?
With people like that, it doesn't matter if they believe it or not, and chances are that they don't and are just trying to be a prick/are using ideology for their own gain. They should be beneath your notice regardless.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Vash and lean are both ********.

</discussion>

with almost everyone else plugging their ears and trying to change the subject to avoid conflict.
If it makes you feel any better I vastly enjoy arguments, look forward to them and try to read them so I'm not plugging my ears nor have a desire to avoid "conflict" at all.

one punch man is great and I'm already sick of listening to pedophiles scream about tatsumaki
Looking up and researching this Tatsumaki, she doesn't even seem to come close to what is usually classified as a loli. Her age is shown to be of 28, her body type of clear developed (small) breasts, wider hips and a narrow face are all uncharacteristic of lolis. Moe eyes are absent too: her eyes are much more narrow and "angry", which always gives an older feel. If I were to give her a realistic age, I've seen a lot of 18 to 20 year olds that share her small body type.

Unless there is something I'm missing she doesn't fit in the loli fetish/trope that well at all or completely, so I'm confused as to why people are claiming it as such. Obviously she's designed to have an abnormal body type for an adult woman, but if she is classified as a "loli" then that term must have broaden in scope over the years or she is a slight subversion of it.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord

Would you predict that it's any good for 2d/sidescrolling platformers/Rivals of Aether? It seems that particularly good d-pads for PC use aren't very common so I'm wondering if that controller would have a good substitute.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Mfw Bleck Bleck rains fire on someone on fb

Wish I could see the original comments

Kaiji is GREAT. Please understand.

That video is from season 2 and is one of my favorite clips of the anime because of how ridiculous the scripting is in that particular moment.

The narrator is probably my favorite character tbh.

Yeah I'm planning on reading it. I'm a bit burnt out because the Pachinko Arc was dragging itself out; almost to the point of absurdity.

As hype as it was, they really should have condensed the parts after the flippers were broken.

Speaking of Mahjong...

There was an update to the Legend of Koizumi recently?????????????????????

That **** hasnt been touched since 2013. Im not sure if the uploader is trolling me with an old issue that he uploaded recently, or if the manga is legitimately progressing again...
Lmao koizumi scanlations are hella dead

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Decided to put my first official song out, albeit still a demo because it still needs a lot of work that I'm nowhere near experienced enough to do yet.Goin' for a slightly unconventionally funky, French, Discovery-esque style if that's anyone's sort of jam:
https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fsaxophoneoftime%2Falpha-rough-demo
It's definitely rough, but on the flip-side I'm definitely hype to see what this turns into. Of course, I don't no how to do the musics passed some improvisational piano stuffz, so I can't really give you many descriptors past that.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Would you predict that it's any good for 2d/sidescrolling platformers/Rivals of Aether? It seems that particularly good d-pads for PC use aren't very common so I'm wondering if that controller would have a good substitute.
Well, it doesn't have a d-pad, so if you're looking strictly for that, it just doesn't have one.

As far as sidescrolling platformers go, I'm actually a fan of using joysticks over d-pads, so I'm not sure I can really weigh in properly on that question. I think it works fine for that sort of thing personally, but if you like the feel of dpads, it might disagree with you.

As far as Rivals, I just experimented with it a little bit, and it seems pretty promising to me. The abundance of buttons alongside the clickable trackpad means that it's very possible to play the game without moving any of your fingers from one button to the next - it'd just take getting used to. If I were to use the steam controller for RoA and nothing else, I would not use the face buttons at all. I'd use the left joystick for movement, and let the right thumbpad function as a c-stick. The nice thing about this is that you can bind another button to the click of the thumb pad, which I just set to A. That way, swiping on the thumb pad smashes or does aerials, while you can still easily click to do jabs or normals (alongside the left analog), or click to nair. The game initially has four buttons bound to parry, so you can easily rebind at least two of those to whatever you'd like. Then you can rebind the back panel buttons to, say, jump and special, or something, and then you have access to everything in the game without ever moving your fingers.

Uh, don't actually bind back panel to jump, though, unless you want to miss a lot of short hops. It's not actually bad, I think, but it certainly takes getting used to.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Well, it doesn't have a d-pad, so if you're looking strictly for that, it just doesn't have one.

As far as sidescrolling platformers go, I'm actually a fan of using joysticks over d-pads, so I'm not sure I can really weigh in properly on that question. I think it works fine for that sort of thing personally, but if you like the feel of dpads, it might disagree with you.

As far as Rivals, I just experimented with it a little bit, and it seems pretty promising to me. The abundance of buttons alongside the clickable trackpad means that it's very possible to play the game without moving any of your fingers from one button to the next - it'd just take getting used to. If I were to use the steam controller for RoA and nothing else, I would not use the face buttons at all. I'd use the left joystick for movement, and let the right thumbpad function as a c-stick. The nice thing about this is that you can bind another button to the click of the thumb pad, which I just set to A. That way, swiping on the thumb pad smashes or does aerials, while you can still easily click to do jabs or normals (alongside the left analog), or click to nair. The game initially has four buttons bound to parry, so you can easily rebind at least two of those to whatever you'd like. Then you can rebind the back panel buttons to, say, jump and special, or something, and then you have access to everything in the game without ever moving your fingers.

Uh, don't actually bind back panel to jump, though, unless you want to miss a lot of short hops. It's not actually bad, I think, but it certainly takes getting used to.
Yeah I knew it doesn't have a d-pad. I was wondering if it could work well as a comparable substitute. I'm not strictly a d-pad person, but d-pad is my choice for stuff like Super Metroid and the PS1 Crash games.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
75% of my fallout 4 experience has been random **** popping out of the woods and killing me

My favorite was when a Radscorpion attacked me from behind silently, taking out half my hp and simutaneously breaking both of my legs before goring me in the chest with the stinger
My fallout 4 experience has been "OH WHAT THE **** WHERE DID THAT SUPER MUTANT COME FROM" and "WHY DO SUPER MUTANTS HAVE AN INFINITE SUPPLY OF MOLOTOVS"

One of my friend's experience has been "OH WHAT THE **** WHERE DID THAT DEATHCLAW COME FROM" and "WHY CAN'T I FIND SOMEONE TO SELL STUFF TO I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR 30 MINUTES NOW"

My other friend's experience has been "In Fallout 3 there was this..." and "In Fallout New Vegas there was this..." and "Anyone get that obscure Fallout 3 reference? No one?" followed by us telling him that we never really played the other fallout games

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Goodbye everyone. I'm going to jail. In my defense, she was in the way.

CameraZOOM-20151111224322386.jpg

Remember to stay strong.
Why must E-sports go so hand in hand with anime T_T

No game is safeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Good thing Lucha Underground/wrestling remains untouched.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Check the site
http://arrivealivetour.com/unite/
They go to schools and have people partake in simulations to raise awareness of the dangers of driving under the influence and driving while distracted.

So he's just screwing with us lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom