• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
My name is Forest. Living under the shadow of *super* smart people my whole life saying "hehe le Forest GUMP amirite xD huehuehue" eventually got too much to bear, so when I had to choose my tag, I was just like **** it and chose Gump. Gump is always taken on forums and twitch and stuff so I smack NW on there cause I live in the Seattle area. Boom, easy.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Can't even begin discussion with the staff until you change your post color to not make my eyes bleed.
wide.gif

That's too good.

Also I totally left this out but, if this works and he gets a week of my premium he has to let me step on him.

MWEX

Smash Apprentice
can we give sonic buffs?
like blast attack is annoying and cutting spinshot is stupid
add 1 without free fall
and restore spinshot
plz

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
can we give sonic buffs?
like blast attack is annoying and cutting spinshot is stupid
add 1 without free fall
and restore spinshot
plz
Bro, Sonic's fine. He's already keeping the tradition of being an utter nuisance to play against (my smasher friends can attest), and even if his recovery is slow he can still attack out of it and pull all his other edgeguard conversion jank. Hell, the only thing I'd change is his Brawl voice work and the fact that most of his main attack animations are generic spins.

BTW @ standardtoaster standardtoaster , whenz Vectorman? :3
Moar 3dits: I already found his character introduction theme, you guys can have him share a challenger approaching video with Wheel Gator. :3

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Sure I guess, I don't really care lool

So I'm not a god at smash, but since I server transferred to the Coeurl server on FFXIV, I became the server first clear for T13... which is kind of cool but at the same time it's sad because there's nobody to look up to. Welp. Best on the server boys
@DethM is a fraud. KEK KEK KEK

What I did this afternoon for a Spanish video project.
Exported Seal Taco Truck SpanishPSA.png
I'm actually learning things about photo editing, cool. Messed up the added text badly, but it is going to show so briefly that it is good enough for a HS project.

Edit, oh **** thats transparency, thought it was just some weird whitespace, that's bad enough to fix.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@Lus146
Please, let this be real. If the online mode can be decent, I'll be crying tears of joys

Like so?
Hello PMS.
I have pizza.
how is that good
now if it were something like big vegeta bluntz maybe
Optimus Rhyme is p gud too.
You guys are such unoriginal *******s
And there's no point to posturing about it, since almost no one knows how to be
due to the fact that http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ItsBeenDone
Is anybody else as peeved as I am that Jurassic World is somehow less accurate to modern science than a goddamn Michael Bay movie is?
Because that's actually true. :p
Let me one-up your question with a more pragmatic one of my own...
...Do you have ANY idea how big a waste of your life it is to care about how accurate to IRL fiction is?

Last edited:

MWEX

Smash Apprentice
y'all suck for hating on naruto, entering biweeklies as NarutoFan1124

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
A move I'd probably switch out immediately on
y'all suck for hating on naruto, entering biweeklies as NarutoFan1124
We don't like your kind 'round here. *adjusts overtly-western beltbuckle*
(Watch some Baccano or some other high tier dubs if anything m8.)

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
tfw you jokingly ask the girl you're dating to come over for sex on a goddamn Monday night when it's already quarter to midnight and you live a mile away

and her response is "Can I come over at 1? I'm still finishing homework"

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
tfw you jokingly ask the girl you're dating to come over for sex on a goddamn Monday night when it's already quarter to midnight and you live a mile away

Damn, if only I was as much of a testosterone pumping epitome of overt masculinity as our lord and savior @ Binary Clone Binary Clone is. Then I might be able to talk to grills. :O

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

Binary Clone confimed gud at grills

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Damn, if only I was as much of a testosterone pumping epitome of overt masculinity as our lord and savior @ Binary Clone Binary Clone is. Then I might be able to talk to grills. :O
Dude I'm 5'10" and weigh 135 lbs, I'm a computer science major, and run my uni's Smash Club.

"testosterone pumping" and "masculinity" are not words that I would readily apply to myself.

Binary Clone confimed gud at grills
That I suppose I can accept. Just don't follow my lead; I never ask girls out. Do that, it's straightforward and makes things ea

I don't know what I do, but apparently it works.

Remember that Mario main I took to a formal dance like three weekends ago?

Things went well.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Wow @ Binary Clone Binary Clone one-upping me on how much better his life is going only 5 posts after mine
so bm

congrats on the (future) sex tho

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Today the tier list thread made me realize that I think most people are smart enough to pick up on subtext

Damn was I wrong

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Dude I'm 5'10" and weigh 135 lbs, I'm a computer science major, and run my uni's Smash Club.

"testosterone pumping" and "masculinity" are not words that I would readily apply to myself.

That I suppose I can accept. Just don't follow my lead; I never ask girls out. Do that, it's straightforward and makes things ea

I don't know what I do, but apparently it works.

Remember that Mario main I took to a formal dance like three weekends ago?

Things went well.
Man, I know I'm not at the maturity level expected in a serious relationship (atleast I don't fancy myself as such) but I have an inverse problem to you. I'm roughly 6ft 2in clocking in at an average of 185 with a really noice muscle to fat ratio (or so my doc tells me) and even being a bespectacled gamer is often overlooked by people or viewed indifferently. It's just I'm not balanced enough of a person to serve as a boyfriend. I'm either overly stoic or even a bit depressive/cynical at times, or I'm just some guy laughing over some stupid gaming **** going on. My hobbies aren't overly interesting, I'm an aspiring cardist/slight of hand artist and want to develop my illustrative art in a direction that's presentable and maybe even practical, but I don't do anything overtly progressive that improves in strides. I want to travel, but my applications for work tend to be very uncertain to the point that moving out alone is taking a huge amount of planning and resourcefulness on money I don't even HAVE yet. My social experience on it's own has been limited due to my childhood stigmas and living environment. Worst of all, I fall silent around women without realizing it sometimes. There are girls I've had the hots for and some who I've heard had crushes on me that I either shut myself up around or simply play up anything and everything that defines us as only friends forever. I'm my own worst wingman in a social group SWARMING with terrible wingmen. It's not even an overt young-love sex drive, I just want to meet and make successful approaches to someone that will enjoy my company and might inspire me to be a greater young man, or even better a greater PERSON.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I just want to meet and make successful approaches to someone that will enjoy my company and might inspire me to be a greater young man, or even better a greater PERSON.
It sounds like you're much farther than the maturity level expected in a relationship at your age (assuming your profile isn't lying and you are 17). In my personal opinion, that is a fantastic mindset to be in, as far as searching for a relationship. Very few people are really striving for that, I think.

And c'mon man, cardistry is a super cool hobby. And dexterous hands are super hot.

But everyone's got things that they struggle with. The first step to improvement is awareness, and it seems like you have at least a fairly good feel for what it is that gives you trouble. It sounds like you may have a good bit on your plate already, but it might be a good investment of your time to try to study your social habits, and those of others, and how you can adapt or improve your own.

When I was a freshman in high school, I read a book on basic body language in social contexts. And it helped a surprising amount. Being able to read others effectively, and effectively communicating yourself through subtler means than language, is very useful - and beyond that, simply the act of applying these ideas of body language helps you become more self-aware in your general interactions, which can help to not shut down as much in social environments, or situations outside your comfort zone.

I'd also recommend the old book How to Win Friends and Influence People. It's mostly about more superficial, day-to-day interactions, less about deeper relationships - but it really is just about getting your foot in the door. After that, things tend to flow a lot better, but that initial meeting, those first impressions, the "getting to know you" stages - those are the toughest parts, much of the time. The rest is tough in a very different way.

As I said before, the real two rules are confidence and perceptiveness. Perceptiveness can be helped by knowledge, reading books and the like, and that's part of why I'm where I am. Confidence is harder, or maybe way easier. In some ways, false confidence is confidence. More and more, I continually realize how little idea anyone has of what's going on, and that, in some ways, you don't need to worry about that. Keep your chin up. Walk with your back straight. After a while, people will notice how confident you look. And they'll mention it. And you'll probably realize soon enough, you are more confident. That's what happened to me in high school, honestly. I was a very quiet, shy kid. People don't even believe me when I say that these days.

So keep on keeping on, man. You've got this.

Also, happy birthday @ Bazkip Bazkip !

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
how does one make lasting friends without smash? lol. There's a group of 3 guys I've gotten to know a bit over the course of the data structures course and I'll be seeing them all again next semester in the game design course. I don't have many interests outside of smash ;_;

Bleck

Smash Master
if you're all going to be in a game design course, maybe try talking to them about your accomplishments and/or aspirations of game design

Top Bottom