• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

eideeiit

Smash Ace
I came up with awesomest Smash name, or actually any name, of them all the day before yesterday.

I saw some birds jumping around outside looking for worms in the slight drizzle and it hit me.

Rain Sparrow

God damn I'm proud of coming up with a name that good.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I hate to break up discussion and bring up this topic again, but its about Game of Thrones last night, I've been thinking about it all night.

don't spoil it for yourself!

I was on reddit and someone came up with the suggestion that the scene with Myranda (or one similar to it) should have happened after the final scene of last night. Making Sansa say Winterfell is her home. I think it would have completely flipped a horrible situation into a new perspective.

If in the next few episodes they show Sansa as ENDURING rather than a victim it would completely change the context of the scene. Ramsay and Roose aren't stupid, if Sansa was playing the game and super jovial around them they would act suspicious, if she reverted into her passive, scared state she lulls them into a sense of security where they think they're taking advantage of a little girl who's too weak and passive to do anything. Her choice was to marry Ramsay to get revenge on her family.

If we took this scene as an example of how far she's willing to go to get her revenge I think it changes the context of the scene dramatically. She's willing to endure something as horrible as what Ramsay did to her so she can bide her time and strike when the time is right. If this is true, she's playing them like a goddamn fiddle. I think the best thing they could do here is to make her choose NOT to escape with Theon when he comes up to her, or at least have her remain in Winterfell until she gets her revenge.

The important part here is that she gets her revenge, and that all of this has been a charade in order to get it. This sets her up as enduring horrible things, pretending to be passive, using the tools she's acquired (her ability to be passive and her strength of survival) to get the things she wants. I think this would be a fascinating and interesting character development (to me this would be akin to Wyman Manderly seeming like a goddamn coward but it turns out he's the hugest baddass in the North). D+D have been combining characters and maybe Sansa will take over Wyman's role in spirit.

This all depends on what the next few episodes bring. If they show Sansa as enduring, and using the tools and skills she's acquired to get what she wants, then I think this would be great character development. She's developed an immense strength of will to endure horrible situations, and if she gets the revenge she's after, and they've made it clear that all of this act has been a charade, then I think this would be perfectly in line with her character development.

Here's hoping she bakes a few pies.

(also I might be rambling but if any of this is unclear I can try and clear it up for you)

@Bleck what do you think?

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I came up with awesomest Smash name, or actually any name, of them all the day before yesterday.

I saw some birds jumping around outside looking for worms in the slight drizzle and it hit me.

Rain Sparrow

God damn I'm proud of coming up with a name that good.
how is that good

now if it were something like big vegeta bluntz maybe

eideeiit

Smash Ace
It has a sense of finesse to it (subjective), it has clear imagery attached to it, it is somewhat poetic (subjective), it's not a joke (subjective), the previous points together tell something about me as a person and a player and I like it. It fulfills all the jobs I've set for a tag.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The masterful Mad Men ended last night, the best show on tv. That show about ad executives where a lot happens in an episode but it's still too subtle for dumb people. Game of Thrones is tawdry mid-tier entertainment in comparison. But I still like it even if it is ridiculous at times like last night's fight scene.

Cersei is the worst mother and would be the worst human being if not for a certain sadistic douche. She is not preparing King Tommen to rule like her father Tywin actually would. Instead she settles petty grudges and weakens her son's position to temporarily strengthen her own.

As to the **** scene, the outrage over it is ****ing stupid. The show goes out of its way to make you feel the dread and horribleness of what is about to happen. Then they only show someone's reaction to it without actually showing it which would have been too much.

Last edited:

DethM

Smash Apprentice
The masterful Mad Men ended last night, the best show on tv. That show about ad executives where a lot happens in an episode but it's still too subtle for dumb people. Game of Thrones is tawdry mid-tier entertainment in comparison. But I still like it even if it is ridiculous at times like last night's fight scene.

Cerei is the worst mother and would be the worst human being if not for a certain sadistic douche. She is not preparing King Tommen to rule like her father Tywin actually would. Instead she settles petty grudges and weakens her son's position to strengthen her own.

As to the **** scene, the outrage over it is ****ing stupid. The show goes out of its way to make you feel the dread and horribleness of what is about to happen. Then they only show someone's reaction to it without actually showing it which would have been too much.
Try not to spoil MM, not everyone here has seen it.

Although I do agree that it's superb.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Cerei is the worst mother and would be the worst human being if not for a certain sadistic douche. She is not preparing King Tommen to rule like her father Tywin actually would. Instead she settles petty grudges and weakens her son's position to strengthen her own.
That's literally the point. Cersei isn't as smart as she thinks she is.

Despite my theory about it, ending an episode on it seems like (or at least very easy to perceive as) shock value for shock value's sake. People have a right to get upset if they want. Critique comes with the territory.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Nah. Jolt and Umbry said it was cool.

As well as Flare but nobody knows him.
Nobody asks me anything these days.
He's not nearly as active/good/anything as me and I have permission from the Eevee-gods

tl;dr fight me.
Mine was a special case since the previous didn't even activate their account from the email. Good luck nonetheless.

DethM

Smash Apprentice
Nobody asks me anything these days.

Mine was a special case since the previous didn't even activate their account from the email. Good luck nonetheless.
Ty Leafy. I take it that counts as me having your permission?

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Ty Leafy. I take it that counts as me having your permission?
Sure I guess, I don't really care lool

So I'm not a god at smash, but since I server transferred to the Coeurl server on FFXIV, I became the server first clear for T13... which is kind of cool but at the same time it's sad because there's nobody to look up to. Welp. Best on the server boys

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
I was playing a secret dungeon in elsword alone on hell mode and just when the boss is about done my mom tells me to get in the car cause we are going to a birthday party
mom that dungeon took me two hours to get through why cant you please understand

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Guys I'm entering tonight's event either as Blue ballz, or xUchihaxKurbyx

or whatever horrible name you guys come up with

Mayne I'll enter as rain sparrow Keppo

Last edited:

Lus146

Smash Cadet
Hello all! I'm new in Project M but I think I am gonna start playing it rather than Smash 4 but still play a lil smash 4. So I just figured I'd introduce myself!

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Hello all! I'm new in Project M but I think I am gonna start playing it rather than Smash 4 but still play a lil smash 4. So I just figured I'd introduce myself!
Welcome! May I ask you who's your waifu? Standard procedure 'round these parts, you know.
You could also be a cool kid and say that waifus are dumb.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
DethM is using dark blue post color to compensate for something.

I bet he doesn't look very strong.

Welcome to PMS.

First rule of PMS: You do not talk about waifus.

Second rule of PMS: You do not talk about waifus.

Third rule of PMS: Look strong and stand tall.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
S
DethM is using dark blue post color to compensate for something.

I bet he doesn't look very strong.

Welcome to PMS.

First rule of PMS: You do not talk about PM

Second rule of PMS: You talk about waifus.

Third rule of PMS: Look strong and stand tall.
FTFY

Helsong

Smash Ace
My name's because I like singing in the shower, and because Norse blood flows in my veins(ok, so maybe it's like a minisciule amount stemming from my german granddad's side, but still!).

Also, because I picked it years ago and haven't bothered coming up with a new one. Or use a pokemon. Metagross is pretty sweet. My favorite is def Gardevoir, though. I should've picked Gardevoir.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I've long lost the meaning of my username since I made it up when I was 11, it changed from Mansta8 to Mansuta8 for Japanese reasons.

Also it used to be in capslock because it was cruise control for cool.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I just needed a new xbox live tag or something and Plate + Prop were the first two words that popped in my head, so I ran with it

If I could have picked a different tag I prolly woulda been Bread lol

Top Bottom