• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I don't know much about norcal PM, but Socal PM is the biggest drama fest on FB. Like my god its just Egos ramming heads together 24/7, its ridiculous. Cali PM just like that I guess
And this is why I'm partially glad I'm not in it at all.

I may be in one of the biggest smash states of all time but my town just happens to be the quiet child out of the bunch.

also it's weak as **** considering I think I'm near the top of players here and I'm not even good.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Cali gaming is like that in general. i.e. a fair amount of the FGC members there.
(though obviously it's not across the board)
I'm not even using stereotypes.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
When I watch Hamyojo play, he tends to approach with a lot of Fair's into Up tilt or just fairs in general. Is that generally a good option for yoshi or is that just his own preference, cause the way I use it right now is kind of like DK's Fair, so not as an approach.
Probably because of the massive reward on hit in positioning advantage or combo opportunity. Nair is generally a safer option, though with Yoshi's air speed, almost any aerial can be safe if spaced right. Bair's become a favorite spacing tool of mine, but that's mostly because of playing a lot of Smash 4 lately.

I'm not master with Yoshi by any stretch, but I know how it feels to not have a question answered, so there.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'm glad that texas and ****ty texas (OK lel) is basically all just ****posters and drunks

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
@ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er
Lol my critiques instead of finishing work, oops:
- Your IC's look really fresh out of the box. The wavedashes are slick but other than that it's kinda eh.
- Shield more.
- You may want to play a different character for a few to get used to the game. I'm not sure if you've played Melee for any amount of time but it seemed like you were having trouble edgeguarding Fox and other basics. You may have skipped this stuff, idk?
- Yeah, I'd just advise you to play vs. someone good with an easier character to play for a bit. Luigi might be a decent pickup due to the similar tractions, bad recovery, but overall gets punished less than IC's.
I only get to play melee and PM against other people at our biweekly, so it's not that I can't control my character or combo so much as it is that I just suck because I'm inexperienced. I'm looking more for concepts and ideas I can meditate on and try out when I get the chance to play other people. If you (or anyone) could point out some instances of my bad habits, how/when I was getting baited, and options I was over reliant upon or underusing/not taking advantage of, I would much appreciate it.

Also I can't stand characters with 4 frame jumpsquats.

ETA: Shield more in which situations? In anticipation of what?

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
all of california is like that in general
He's right.

I know people that could put Leffen's Ego's to shame despite not even being good at smash, games, or even life in general.

But at least they're good at Weiß Schwarz.

Last edited:

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Ok people.
It's confession time...
The truth is...

I only mained Falcon because I thought he was the most fun to play...
In turbo mode.

rip street cred

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'd say all night cram fest hype, but it's not since I already prepared for this one.

I had intended to review earlier but smashboards and housework and what not so all night review fest.

I wish anyone else luck on their finals if they have them today.

D

Deleted member

Luigi makes me more salty than Roy does.
luigi is a lot less straight forward than roy is with his ability to look really volatile if you're sloppy about micro-managing his options. roy you usually have to be very clean about how you play since his combo weight is atrocious and he cant reverse momentum on you at any given point, whereas luigi is like half his conversions involve the opponent going for combos that dont actually work which is just hella rage inducing. i can see it going both ways but at top level luigi is still volatile but somewhat more manageable since he has a harder time "getting you" in the face of good counter-play.

Kati

Smash Lord
Ok people.
It's confession time...
The truth is...

I only mained Falcon because I thought he was the most fun to play...
In turbo mode.

rip street cred
Can't judge with that darn avatar constantly shrugging it off!

but seriously stamina 3 is where it's at. Haven't touched turbo since receiving that blessing of a smash mini game.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
mkds was good on a mid-level, actually pretty awful when you get to a high level, simply because a portable console doesn't lend itself well to enduring techskill for long periods of time like a gamecube controller

MK8 200cc > MKWii on a high-end level > MKDS on a high-end level > MK8 150cc > the other ones > a noticeably loud fart in a small room > MK64
Did you seriously just call MK Wii (OP Item Roulette) better at a high level than MKDS?

Get out.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'd say all night cram fest hype, but it's not since I already prepared for this one.

I had intended to review earlier but smashboards and housework and what not so all night review fest.

I wish anyone else luck on their finals if they have them today.
Finally finished reviewing.

It's 40 degrees in this room now, I haven't ate, got bags under my eyes, my hair is messy and I'm ready to **** **** up.

Have something cute in the meantime.

2ad743b75f4305091d1bb7b9c17fe9bd.png

steelguttey

mei is bei
blahh i hate blizzard

every new patch just makes pvp so ****ing boring everyone is the same character smh

at least cool karma buffs are about to be on the pbe

steelguttey

mei is bei
i just want a good ****ing mmorpg to come out

dragon nest was good but nexon ****ing ruined that bull****

wow was good but i basically played it for crane stance monk and that is **** once you hit 100 so im done with that

final fantasy seems fun but i dont like the leveling system of it

im just gonna hibernate till overwatch comes out i guess

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Play Wildstar, it's the closest thing to a "good" MMO as you're gonna get.

...though I probably wouldn't be playing that if it weren't for my fiancee making the game so enjoyable for me. Still, the core gameplay itself isn't bad.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
isnt that game like, 90% ranged characters?

what about guild wars, is that still good? i remember liking how guardian looked

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You got Warrior, Stalker (Rogue-like), and (arguably) Esper (caster-like)---those classes can melee. The rest of them are ranged, yes. The combat's very interactive, though. You have to stay on your toes and pay attention to not standing in hostile telegraphs ("don't stand in the fire!"), otherwise you will die. PvE is actually pretty damn challenging (coordinating CC is a thing), PvP is a blast (iffy on overall balance, however, but what MMO isn't), player housing is baller, endgame content is pretty varied and extensive...

I can give you a ten day pass if you like, @ steelguttey steelguttey . Give it a shot. It's not very restrictive like most trials iirc, either.

And lol, don't bother with Guild Wars 2. It's a waste of time. About the only thing that has going for it is the fact that you have to pay once and that's it. The rest of the game is a freaking snoozefest still.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
characters functioning on the "this button is your nuke, this button is your cc, this button is your shield" paradigm don't need any buffs, they need to be removed from the game
Well Bleck, you might as well snuff WoW out then. Something I'd be okay with, granted, but this is exactly what the game's become. Perhaps even moreso than the rest of its counterparts on the market.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
I did my undergrad at UCLA. I can confirm, cali folks seem to have a penchant towards a bit of narcissism and egotism. Not all, of course, I've met far more kind and caring people in cali than the opposite. There's a streak of materialism and self-aggrandization that seems to run through the culture there, however(especially LA). But those who have a sense of dedication to something(games, sports, etc) tend to be more likely to have a higher opinion of themselves regardless of region, perhaps because it's how they find validation: if you're not good at what you pursue, then why do you call yourself a gamer/athlete/whatever in the first place? Something like that, maybe.

I didn't sleep last night and the world looks kinda hazy. My roommates sound kinda...far-away-ish and my brain has decided to start thinking in code intermittently. Looks like C? I've got a sexy-looking bottle of crown royal on my bookshelf that a few students bought for me and it looks mighty tempting, but adding alcohol into this is probably a bad idea. So I'm probably just gonna lie here in a feverish haze and think about life and stuff and wait for exhaustion to take me. I think I actually do have a fever, yay.
Actually, playing PM like this might be kinda hilarious.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
i just want a good ****ing mmorpg to come out

dragon nest was good but nexon ****ing ruined that bull****

wow was good but i basically played it for crane stance monk and that is **** once you hit 100 so im done with that

final fantasy seems fun but i dont like the leveling system of it

im just gonna hibernate till overwatch comes out i guess
lol what's wrong with the levelling system
it's a themepark mmo as far as levelling goes, you don't really even have to think about levelling up when you're really into the game.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Liking the post for truth, hun.

Or truisms, anyways. I know how you feel.

@ Leafeon Leafeon

The most efficient way to level in ARR is to run around and grind public events. You're literally just grouping up and zerging all the freaking time in order to get anything done, plus maybe the odd dungeon, and then on to the next zone. Regular questing is tedious and not fun.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Liking the post for truth, hun.

Or truisms, anyways. I know how you feel.

@ Leafeon Leafeon

The most efficient way to level in ARR is to run around and grind public events. You're literally just grouping up and zerging all the freaking time in order to get anything done, plus maybe the odd dungeon, and then on to the next zone. Regular questing is tedious.

Smooth Criminal
It's been changed since then. FATEs are not the most optimal way of levelling-- dungeons are. You get a full level or very close to it for a single dungeon at your level, and then there's the low level roulette dungeon which gives you 70% ish of your experience in one low level dungeon. ARR is almost over, how long has it been since you played? It sounds like you haven't touched the game in over 8 months.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Fairly recently (couple months ago?). Admittedly I didn't dig too deeply then, but when I played at launch + a little ways beyond, that's how it went. It was sooooooo boring.

If I'm wrong about the current trends in ARR (looks like I am) then my bad.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You are. lol
Thanks for being so frank, you little ****. :v

Still though, nothing beats The Secret World's old cluster**** of a leveling system. Repeating quests like dailies over and over again, leveling up just so you could re-spec? Yeah no thanks. Loved the premise of the game, but the execution was horrid.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:
Top Bottom