• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I had a lot of fun with Persona 2. (mostly because you fight Hitler though)

Helsong

Smash Ace
Nocturne is my personal favorite, followed by Strange Journey. Persona 4 is in third, though.
Persona 2 was fun, but super easy. I hear Eternal Punishment ups the difficulty, but I haven't played it yet.

Bazkip

Smash Master
But does this mean that Crimson, D1, and friends are trying to help PM through their positions in Twitch, fighting the Corporate Twitch Colossus? Does it mean they are in on it but are rooting for TLoc, the "home team"?

It is probably Hideo Kojima.
Why is CrimsonBlur in a situation where he can't say more if it weren't affiliated with Twitch? Maybe he simply knows nothing at all but given everything being so sketchy...

What are the community leaders "Trying their hardest at"? Because all I can come up with is either "They're trying their hardest to make the best of a ****ty situation where Twitch doesn't want partners streaming Project M" or "They're trying their hardest in an extremely ill-planned, badly announced side project in which they're putting their main source of viewership and income at risk", and I'm pretty sure it's not the latter.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
SAO was so disappointing. I was expecting a decent look at the human condition when forced into a virtual world, and I got...well, I go that for a while. Midnight Cats guild arc was legitimately interesting.
Then it turned into kinda-sorta incest crushes and a bland overpowered hero and annoying loli fairies and a heroine who just wouldn't. Stop. Crying.
Disappointing implies that you had a positive expectation for it.

Why is CrimsonBlur in a situation where he can't say more if it weren't affiliated with Twitch? Maybe he simply knows nothing at all but given everything being so sketchy...

What are the community leaders "Trying their hardest at"? Because all I can come up with is either "They're trying their hardest to make the best of a ****ty situation where Twitch doesn't want partners streaming Project M" or "They're trying their hardest in an extremely ill-planned, badly announced side project in which they're putting their main source of viewership and income at risk", and I'm pretty sure it's not the latter.
Maybe the VGBC hate train will finally halt now this has happened lol

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
I mean, do we even know that D1/Crimson/Scar would know how Twitch is handling this anyway? It's not like a company is going to tell it's employers everything. It could just be that they know barely more than we do, and are trying to figure things out on their end as well.
Don't always assume maliciousness, if it can be explained through ignorance/lack of info/basic business.

I dunno, I just think donning tinfoil hats isn't going to be the right move. We just need a way other than Twitch subscriptions to support PM streamers.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Maybe the VGBC hate train will finally halt now this has happened lol
Probably not because while TLOC is trying to find a way around it, VGBC just said "Eh, nah" and also removed everything from Youtube, which does suggest they're simply covering their asses as GIMR said in his address to the community.
I mean, do we even know that D1/Crimson/Scar would know how Twitch is handling this anyway? It's not like a company is going to tell it's employers everything. It could just be that they know barely more than we do, and are trying to figure things out on their end as well.
Don't always assume maliciousness, if it can be explained through ignorance/lack of info/basic business.

I dunno, I just think donning tinfoil hats isn't going to be the right move. We just need a way other than Twitch subscriptions to support PM streamers.
Their role in Twitch is specifically to be community liaisons for Smash why in god's name would they not be told about it.

Helsong

Smash Ace
@ Bazkip Bazkip Good point, they should know about it. I'm just trying to be anti-conspiracy since I find it pretty tiring and exhausting.

I still stand by saying that tinfoil paranoia isn't going to solve much, though. Find some other way to support PM or PM streams, especially if Twitch is not allowing PM streams to get subs.
Actually, seeing what happens to PMCentral will be pretty illuminating. They've got a ton of viewers, if this keeps going and there's no sub option, then that'll definitely add some evidence.

@ Player -0 Player -0 you mean Elder Scrolls Online by ESO?

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
Why would TLoC take their most popular stream (aka a source of revenue) off their main channel? Especially with Low Tier City 3 coming up, why would they not want that on the main channel?

It's clear this decision was made for them.

Plus everyone's forgetting that PM streamers don't get sub buttons. I recall MessiNYC (aka Salt Mines Guy) talking about how he won't get a sub button.

We could go more into depth into this, but there's clearly some sort of pressure on Twitch to censor/ignore PM.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Why would TLoC take their most popular stream (aka a source of revenue) off their main channel? Especially with Low Tier City 3 coming up, why would they not want that on the main channel?

It's clear this decision was made for them.

Plus everyone's forgetting that PM streamers don't get sub buttons. I recall MessiNYC (aka Salt Mines Guy) talking about how he won't get a sub button.

We could go more into depth into this, but there's clearly some sort of pressure on Twitch to censor/ignore PM.
Messi later retracted that tweet talking about how he can't get a sub button because of PM because it was baseless speculation. The truth is, we haven't had a person stream PM to get sub recently because the people who get the numbers for sub already have it. Getting a sub button is much harder than it used to be

Last edited:

GabPR

Smash Lord
I find it rather annoying that PM has been getting shoved aside and serve as nothing more as a stepping stone to keep rising. But at least they where considerate enough to actually keep providing project m content, even if it is on another channel.

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon is a better Anime than most current anime's.

Ash goes through many challenges.
Many times he isn't immediately prepared for them.
He adapts to his situations well.
He doesn't give up easily.
He develops as a character.
His rivalries are pretty solid.
He isn't filled with plot armor.
Sometimes he does some weird but also cool ****.
Good attitude.
Not overconfident but not a whiny *** ***** either.
Always positively reinforces his friends/pokemon and gives good advice when people need it.
Braver than pretty much anyone.
Willing to try new things.
Humorous to an extent.

Literally a better protagonist than "Generic Anime MC #47"
So
He's Naruto
edit:

Blazing Ambition

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
Messi later retracted that tweet talking about how he can't get a sub button because of PM because it was baseless speculation. The truth is, we haven't had a person stream PM to get sub recently because the people who get the numbers for sub already have it. Getting a sub button is much harder than it used to be
Oh, fair enough. I wasn't aware he retracted it.

I still maintain it doesn't make sense that TLoC would pull their best source of revenue, especially considering the huge PM-centric tournament they're putting on later this year.

That being said, I'm glad they made this new channel. I was worried it wasn't going to be good quality, but its essentially their regular IaB transplanted onto a new stream. I feel stupid for doubting them, and I'm so proud they stuck to their guns and kept up with PM, even without any monetary reward for the stream. Thanks TLoC <3

GabPR

Smash Lord
Seeing from a much more optimistic perspective, this might not be bad at all. Every time a new rising channels is done with using PM as a stepping stone, they can discard their past and future vids to The New Pm channel! If thats the case then That should mean the uploads will be pretty regular and with a lot of diversity of players in different locations, all the while their main channels will be getting that Monnay they earned so really hard for exploiting the PM fanbase. Its a win win! :D

Edit: TBH TLoc prob did the best that anyone could have done in such a situation, and I give them props to it, too bad they can't say anything because of x or y reason.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really wish I would have went to IaB 50 tonight.

Instead I opened up TF2 and turned a couple of hundred dollars into a couple of bucks.

Unboxing, yeah!

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Probably not because while TLOC is trying to find a way around it, VGBC just said "Eh, nah" and also removed everything from Youtube, which does suggest they're simply covering their ***** as GIMR said in his address to the community.
PM Mondays is a thing you know.

I just really dislike this whole hate train on VGBC. Yeah, people hate on VGBC for being a sell-out and claim that he gained much of his fame from streaming PM and everything, all of which are fair points. That being said, people tend to forget that VGBC was the only reputable streamer that was willing to consistently stream and support the PM scene since the 2.0 days. VGBC may not have grown as largely without PM, but PM definitely would not have grown if it weren't for VGBC. imo it isn't fair to only ostracize GimR for making a tough executive decision, especially considering what he's done for us.

They are making the best of a situation, but they are still lying to us.

I really don't know what I want to draw.
I think it's implied that they can't really talk about it.

You could argue that they should just say "Hey, our hands are tied," but let's be honest, it's pretty damn obvious what's going on, and instead of demanding them to tell what you probably already know, it's better to be proactive about it.

TLOC definitely handled this situation better than VGBC tho.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
SAO was so disappointing. I was expecting a decent look at the human condition when forced into a virtual world, and I got...well, I go that for a while. Midnight Cats guild arc was legitimately interesting.
Then it turned into kinda-sorta incest crushes and a bland overpowered hero and annoying loli fairies and a heroine who just wouldn't. Stop. Crying.
Fairy Dance arc is just trash tbh. Most of the ALO crap is. The books are eons ahead of the anime though

Especially in alicization *-*

Bazkip

Smash Master
PM Mondays is a thing you know.
By a completely different group who's quality is notably worse.
I just really dislike this whole hate train on VGBC. Yeah, people hate on VGBC for being a sell-out and claim that he gained much of his fame from streaming PM and everything, all of which are fair points. That being said, people tend to forget that VGBC was the only reputable streamer that was willing to consistently stream and support the PM scene since the 2.0 days. VGBC may not have grown as largely without PM, but PM definitely would not have grown if it weren't for VGBC. imo it isn't fair to only ostracize GimR for making a tough executive decision, especially considering what he's done for us.
While the recent events do give credence to his decision the fact that he took so long to tell us and that he's completely removed all the existing content still leaves a bad taste in the mouth of many. Of course GIMR has done a ton for PM and the Smash community, but like you said he handled the situation awfully and I don't think it's wishing too much for him to have done it better.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
What don't you like about the fusion process?
It's a very ambiguous, tedious, and time-consuming affair that should be relatively simple. I have to go through each and every persona that I have and check every persona combination just to see what I'll even get, rather than something not insanely annoying like a list that tells me what + what = this or what + what + what = this based on my current inventory, and every persona combines into something different. For example, I combine Justice + Strength and that gives me something, but combining a different Justice + different Strength, gets me something else? Not to mention the game keeps no record of known combinations, nor will it provide blueprints of any kind, so just about every attempt I do is a shot in the dark. I found myself merely collecting random personas, combining them with other random personas and hoping something sticks. And what the hell do those circles mean? As far as I can tell the game doesn't explain it. Triangle fuse is such a goddamn pain in the ass

Fusion accidents are dumb. Injecting a random chance for the fusion to screw up does nothing but encourage save scumming in case the game decides to give you the middle finger for no reason at all.

And even when you get a fused persona, it somehow becomes even more complicated. I get the basic idea that certain arcanas can only inherit certain abilities from their parents, but what abilities and how is it decided? Why is it that every time I look at the end fusion, the inherited abilities change? I have to spend like 10 minutes just trying to get Ares to inherit exactly Dodge Wind, Double Fangs, and Tarukaja or whatever the hell it's called. Why can't I just pick what I want from the start? Why does Chariot inherit buff abilities, but not Strength? And oh god, why do their stats vary depending on what I used to fuse? Titan's strength is 27, but suddenly it's 23 if I use this specific persona? I swear to god, if stat growths are also decided by parents...

What the hell does the Hanged Man do? Come to think of it, what the hell do ANY of the Arcanas do? What do they specialize in, and what abilities do they profess in? Some are straightforward (Strength), but what does Moon do? Star? Hermit? A simple explanation would have been friggin' nice, like "Fool: Everything starts at 0, much like your journey. Specializing in nothing and being weak at nothing, versatility is your weapon." I want to be able to choose my playstyle and build my personas around that, but I can't do that if I don't know what any of them do. And it's not even worth leveling them up since they take such insane amounts, so by the time you get them to a respectable level you're already able to replace it with something far better.

Oh yeah, and what the **** do the abilities even mean? I don't know what Rakukaja means. I don't know what Media means. And I sure as hell don't know what Zan-ei means. It get's even more confusing when abilities with similar prefixes, such as Rakunda, come into play. This wouldn't be so bad, if the game actually let me check what the hell they do in the stats screen! ****, at least Pokemon let me get a detailed description of what each Pokemon's moves did, and there were only 4 moves. Here, the only time I can check without going into a battle is if the persona has to forget a move. And there's a max of 8! This is such a blatant oversight I can't believe nobody ever caught it when designing this game. I'm not about to bust out a notepad and write down what everything does because of the game's shortcomings. Just call them Defense Down, Attack Up, or Heal if you aren't going to let me look at their descriptions. It is far easier to understand, instead of trying to translate this crazy made-up nonsense that I don't even know if it's actually made up or not

This whole process seems like it's seriously impossible to figure out without using a strategy guide, and even then I'll probably have to double-check constantly to make sure I don't royally screw myself.

ugh thats all i can think of at the moment, i feel like i explained everything poorly

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
It's a very ambiguous, tedious, and time-consuming affair that should be relatively simple. I have to go through each and every persona that I have and check every persona combination just to see what I'll even get, rather than something not insanely annoying like a list that tells me what + what = this or what + what + what = this based on my current inventory, and every persona combines into something different. For example, I combine Justice + Strength and that gives me something, but combining a different Justice + different Strength, gets me something else? Not to mention the game keeps no record of known combinations, nor will it provide blueprints of any kind, so just about every attempt I do is a shot in the dark. I found myself merely collecting random personas, combining them with other random personas and hoping something sticks. And what the hell do those circles mean? As far as I can tell the game doesn't explain it. Triangle fuse is such a goddamn pain in the ***

And even when you get a fused persona, it somehow becomes even more complicated. I get the basic idea that certain arcanas can only inherit certain abilities from their parents, but what abilities and how is it decided? Why is it that every time I look at the end fusion, the inherited abilities change? I have to spend like 10 minutes just trying to get Ares to inherit exactly Dodge Wind, Double Fangs, and Tarukaja or whatever the hell it's called. Why can't I just pick what I want from the start? Why does Chariot inherit buff abilities, but not Strength? And oh god, why do their stats vary depending on what I used to fuse? Titan's strength is 27, but suddenly it's 23 if I use this specific persona?

What the hell does the Hanged Man do? Come to think of it, what the hell do ANY of the Arcanas do? What do they specialize in, and what abilities do they profess in? Some are straightforward (Strength), but what does Moon do? Star? Hermit? A simple explanation would have been friggin' nice, like "Fool: Everything starts at 0, much like your journey. Specializing in nothing and being weak at nothing, versatility is your weapon." I want to be able to choose my playstyle and build my personas around that, but I can't do that if I don't know what any of them do. And it's not even worth leveling them up since they take such insane amounts, so by the time you get them to a respectable level you're already able to replace it with something far better.

Oh yeah, and what the **** do the abilities even mean? I don't know what Rakukaja means. I don't know what Media means. And I sure as hell don't know what Zan-ei means. It get's even more confusing when abilities with similar prefixes, such as Rakunda, come into play. This wouldn't be so bad, if the game actually let me check what the hell they do! ****, at least Pokemon let me get a detailed description of what each Pokemon's moves did, and there were only 4 moves. Here, the only time I can check is if the persona has to forget a move. And there's a max of 8! This is such a blatant oversight I can't believe nobody ever caught it when designing this game. Just call them Defense Down, Attack Up, or heal. It is far easier to understand, instead of trying to translate this crazy made-up nonsense that I don't even know if it's actually made up or not

This whole process seems like it's seriously impossible to figure out without using a strategy guide, and even then I'll probably have to double-check constantly to make sure I'm doing something right.

ugh thats all i can think of at the moment, i feel like i explained everything poorly
Just play smt 4. You can actually decide what skills demons inherit in those.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Battleship Yamato 2199 is three types of porn:

regular porn, all the guys and all of the girls are absurdly attractive. like the girls are just your usual anime waifu fare but the guys are what really separates this show. all of them have the strongest chins and jawlines, the deepest gazes, and they also all get a bunch of character development

explosion porn: there's lots of them

fighter jet/spaceship design porn:
OH MY GOD THIS IS THE COOLEST PART OF THE ANIME ALL OF THE FIGHTER JETS ARE SO COOL AND ALL ROUGHLY MODELED AFTER REAL THINGS
like the bad guys' fighters all look very similar to f-22 raptors, and all of the good guys' planes look similar to f-16s

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So I had a fun night on the town tonight.

My close lady friend and I went out for a good while. It started off with her showing me where all the bus stops were here, but then we walked over to the main square of the city where all the fun stuff was at. Got some Ramune, bought her a smoothie (which I've never had before and need to fix that. Same with milkshakes), pretended we were on a Pokemon journey with me being the lead character cause of my cap, listened to a guy sing about how he finds weed, found an antique shop that makes a ****load of Master Swords and Hylian Shields and other awesome stuff, acquired a rubber chicken for one of my roommates and thus causing him to owe me $10, looked at some drums which gave me nostalgia from when I used to play them, tried to pick a fight with traffic and cheat our way to victory only to lose the fight and have to wait 4 turns, then she took me to the Texas Women's University, took me to the highest floor, locked me in a room with her and we made sweet, sweet music together...By playing piano together as she was teaching me how to do it again. I somehow found out how to play Saria's song and Sora's theme from KH2 on my own and we played a little Dearly Beloved together, too. Then I held hands with her to tease her and make her embarrassed on the way home. I gave her a big hug and snuggle to make up for it before she left. She was happy and stuffs and gave me some apples so I could at some real food instead the junk already here.

Tonight was a good night. <3

Top Bottom