• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
One doesn't NEED school to learn, nowadays.
Just read about things on the Internet and unironically

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
They were doing a poll on jobs last Friday so we can get highschool courses and they were really confused when I said I wanted to be a househusband
I'd rather get an education and stay home and cook all day, maybe pick up some hobbies and let my spouse make the sweet $$
Take that education system,can't make ME work

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
Well I got my essays done
They weren't that hard actually and I finished around 11:30
Also I got the best grade in my class on an AP World History test :D

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
tfw almost every part of the world is advancing & progressing and we just ignore how nonsensical our education system is
hate that i have to take gen eds. i just want to focus on doing CS courses only with a math course or two mixed in and then get my degree already. i don't give a **** about biology, anthropology, or w/e :[
Colleges literally just taking our money for no reason other than they want to make more

Helsong

Smash Ace
Colleges have turned into a damn racket in the US. It's terrible. Used to be, you could get a job with whatever skills you had built up right out of HS, with college being what you needed for more specialized stuff, or only if you really wanted to go into academia/research in whatever field you were interested in. Now, you can't do anything without a degree. So actually getting one is undervalued, but you're still paying more than ever to get it.
The fact that you need gen eds is similarly crap: you should, ideally, have gotten that stuff done in your standard public schooling, why should you need to pay for anything other than the education you need for the field you want to go into?

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
They were doing a poll on jobs last Friday so we can get highschool courses and they were really confused when I said I wanted to be a househusband
I'd rather get an education and stay home and cook all day, maybe pick up some hobbies and let my spouse make the sweet $$
Take that education system,can't make ME work
Where do I sign up?

"Hey sweetie, I've been slaving over a hot stove all day." *Spends only a half an hour making an easy meal.*

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
If you wanted to slave over a hot stove all day you should have just majored in culinary...
but 30 minutes and nothing else all day really does seem like a lame day huh

Foo

Smash Lord
Erryone be *****ing bout hs

tbh I'd like to go back and redo it with my current knowledge to see how things could've turned out differently
I would literally rather die than go through highschool again.

Also, relevant:

EDIT: Omg that thumbnail lmao. Don't judge it by that. It's actually a rap that brings up many good points about the current curriculum problems in schools.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
No, you lead a secret life that your wife doesn't know about but that meal at the end of the day is your contribution to the marriage.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Then you get kids, and realize that working a full time job and using that money to hire a nanny would have been 10x easier than dealing with the brats. And that you're going to spend a lot of money on them.
If you don't have kids, then...well, yeah, sounds like a nice life, save for the lack of a second income.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Warning Received
kill people burn **** **** school

also Helsong I love your sig

Last edited by a moderator:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
High school sucks mad ass so far; I don't have any friends there and I get annoyed by the few people that I do talk to, and only really connect with one or two teachers well. I also don't feel safe at my school, there's a lot of seemingly mentally unstable kids there that have threatened to shoot up the place a lot, and though I know it's irrational to be anxious about, at least ten have died just this year, six from suicide. I don't feel comfortable going to school some days so I just stay home, but there's a new policy where if you miss ten days in a semester, you lose the credit that you would have acquired throughout the year. That kinda sucks when I get anxiety about having to go or when I feel really down some days to the point where I don't want to get out of bed.

I was talking to my sister last night when she was over for Easter dinner, and she was telling me about this one art academy about half an hour from where I live. A few of her friends went there and they said they really enjoyed it. Apparently you can specialize in music there, and learn composition and theory while using their gear and a studio they have. Audio production and electrical engineering is what I want to do for a career, while composing my own music on the side, so it's basically all I want out of high school; I don't feel like I'm going anywhere at my current school as far as my ideal career goes. I'm not interested in any classes that don't help me do that. I'm practically failing everything except my math class, which I have over 100% in, and my film production class, which I have an A in (as well as English but you should get an A by just being there).

My sister was telling me that they could hook me with an internship at a recording studio or radio station which is exactly what I want to do, I've been wanting to do that for two years. Not only could I go to this school, but as far as I know, I could also still be eligible for that early college program where I take classes at the community college for the rest of high school if I transfer there. I could do that to just get my liberal arts out of the way before attending the community college. I really hope I can do something like this because it would get me excited for school again. I need a brand new slate with things that appeal to me. I'm hoping that my parents will let me do this.

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
High school sucks mad *** so far; I don't have any friends there and I get annoyed by the few people that I do talk to, and only really connect with one or two teachers well. I also don't feel safe at my school, there's a lot of seemingly mentally unstable kids there that have threatened to shoot up the place a lot, and though I know it's irrational to be anxious about, at least ten have died just this year, six from suicide. I don't feel comfortable going to school some days so I just stay home, but there's a new policy where if you miss ten days in a semester, you lose the credit that you would have acquired throughout the year. That kinda sucks when I get anxiety about having to go or when I feel really down some days to the point where I don't want to get out of bed.
Dude just move to FL with me
We can be friends and I can introduce you to my friends
I need someone to play Melee and PM with D:

D

Deleted member

I actually performed pretty mediocre in Middle School back in my hometown, but then when I moved out to DFW, my grades went back to above average, similar to my primary school days.

Sadly I left a lot of good people I knew out there and I left behind a group of tight friends. It kinda sucks because the kids at my school don't really want to develop a bonding friendship with me. (I'm friends with a lot of kids at my school, I talk to a lot of people and everything, but they wouldn't like for example, let me go to a concert with them and then sleepover.) I think it's going be different when I become a Junior next year, so that's good. (We have a very odd district, there's a separate school for F/S and J/Sen.)

I really like my Smash friends though, but I really only get to see em once every one-three weeks mainly because of money and family interferences. (me mum would rather have me hang out with high schoolers than college students and above, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it still sucks for me.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man school was hit/miss for me but later on I got super uninterested and lazy when it came to HS past 10th grade and had to stay a extra semester to finish up two classes I failed beforehand in my senior year. School was pretty much this for me.

Elementary school=Did good to meh grade wise but hated school majority of the time cause I got picked on while being a loudmouth.

Middle School= Did alright and enjoyed it especially when I calmed the hell down and stopped acting ghetto.

High School= Very hit/miss but those who talked stuff behind my back cause I was a PKMN/Yugioh nerd, I talked stuff to their face afterwards. Missed alot of social opportunities due to my attitude from time to time though lmao.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
pros of highschool: lots of busywork, easy to do well
cons of highschool: lots of busywork, general arbitrary bull**** that every highschool student has to go through
other aspects of highschool: sports are fun

pros of college: actual interesting work, cooler profs, chance to develop great career options, alcohol, living by yourself
cons of college: work, can feel lost, alcohol, living by yourself
other aspects of college: away from parents/everyone you knew in highschool which can be a pro, con, or non-issue

college is like universally preferable to highschool but it still sucks
like I say college sucks all the time but I'd much rather be here than back in highschool lmao

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
tournaments are so boring now, tfw none of my friends want to make combo vids with me rip in pepperonies ;-;7

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Seeing pictures of you people is weird.

It's almost like you're all real humans and not ethereal internet entities.
Yeah we all have names and everything. Btw, this is not the appropriate response to my sexy new smile. Instead try: omg Josh you're so sexy now, let's have an orgy.

Boys and girls ;)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh hey FL PMS meetup. Sax, pls tell me you're going to the only good part here aka Orlando right?

(Tampa's cool I guess)

Top Bottom