• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I wish I could find a shy guy mask on the internet that wasnt ****/ extremely expensive.

It would be fun to go to a tourney and just wear it while I play xD

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Is there an objective wrong?; on a cosmic philosophical scale I'd say no, there's no 'true' right or wrong, only relative judgement and interpretation. Also, there can be situations where there's no reason to do good, and even then what dictates whether there's a 'real' reason?

You give life value, although it holds no true value, nothing really does. Value is only given to it, as if like currency. And who knows, maybe the babies are masochists.

The way I approach this just makes discussion run in circles and really redundant, philosophy can be dumb sometimes.
I believe there is objective wrong.

The word cosmos is derived from a Greek homophone that roughly means "the people." Interestingly, in modern English, we use the word cosmos to describe literally everything, sometimes beyond the scope of a single universe (i.e. the multiverse or spiritual realms). The use of two similar words to describe humanity and existence its self lends credence to the idea that humans conflate themselves with the universe.

Is this so nonsensical? I don't think so. It's nice to marvel at the stars and think about how massive all existence actually is. We often humble ourselves with the idea that there is a bigger world beyond us. But converting a beautiful vista into your worldview is impractical, and useless aside from the fleeting, novel awe a beautiful vista provides. In real life, beautiful stars are like a video game's sky box - Yeah, those thousand and one purple specs on the horizon sure are mesmerizing, but the only purple mass you should actively concern yourself with is the banshee directly behind you, which is ready to splatter your ass - Although stars are inconceivably large in our mind's eye when we try to imagine passing by them in space, at face value they're no bigger than a grain of sand, and in terms of importance, they're not more significant to us than sand either. Humans are very important to humans!

You give life value, although it holds no true value, nothing really does.
What could true value possibly look like? This train of thought will eventually lead us to the question, "What is the meaning to life?" If we follow that question to its logical conclusion, we'd realize that it's an empty question, absurd.

We need a common platform to evaluate matters from. What is the most common platform among humans? Our nature of course. By nature, I mean our shared biological workings. If you accept this as a suitable objective viewpoint, with a little anthropology, we can see that there are objective evils.

E.g. For the long-term survival of a social species, is killing for greed sustainable? No. If something is always detrimental to the greater entity, then it is conceivably an objective evil.

Also, I don't think objective evils have to be strictly evil. I think objectively evil things can have redeeming qualities, but I won't go off on another tangent right now.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
@ Leafeon Leafeon yo I just now realized your from/in TN I'm from TN.... like yo
I'm from Smashville.

Haven't had much opportunity to run to tournaments, the weekly in Murfreesboro is like an hour and a half away, and a round trip after so many hours of smash seems like a real long way to travel tbh. If we have smashfests closer to the city I'd like to come, but it's tough for me to go out there.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Man

I just played on the netplay stream but failed due to a combo of SD's and failing at tech q`q

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'm sorry, but after seeing that performance you just earned a spot on my 3.5 exposed list, in between tombo and hyperflame.

who will be exposed next?
How was I exposed? I took Dad_Kong down to one stock each game. WHILE I WAS ****ING TECH UP.

I think you have the wrong idea of exposed here.

Netplay is hard. In order to get the same punishes you have to have like, a 3 frame quicker reaction time or something. It's weird. I don't like it.
It wasn't a frame issue, I just wasn't hitting my hydroplane inputs right and I wasn't able to get kills that I most likely would have otherwise. The timing for dsmash is slightly different than before, and I don't think I was quick enough for my usmashes

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Psh.

I bet I would be exposed even though I feel like I'm playing better in this update than the last one.

>tfw not as good as everyone in the social thread at smash.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Psh.

I bet I would be exposed even though I feel like I'm playing better in this update than the last one.

>tfw not as good as everyone in the social thread at smash.
I'll MM you 5$ I'm worse than you

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Tombo? He's from around here. Whoops my ass since he's way above my level. My friend who plays gdubs & ivy says he beats him pretty often now. I haven't seen them much though. I need to get a netplay computer so I can play with other people again.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I seriously hope the GC adapter will be able to hook up into the computer and work properly.

I'd love to try some netplay, but I'd end up having to hog my friends computer because mine is ****. ;_;

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Whose this wolf netplay player
Is it the one guy.. I forget his nane but he was solid
He was like lag? Nah double shine ez
Name was like flocker

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
nononononononono dont take it like that lol you just gotta punish harder. Like if your character has a good uptilt, a good upsmash, and a good up throw then you should be able to combo the **** out of Wolf.
It was literally just me failing tech

Al those times I flew into the air uairing were supposed to be hydroplaned usmashes for kills, and I was dropping combos too like a fraud :-;

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
It was literally just me failing tech

Al those times I flew into the air uairing were supposed to be hydroplaned usmashes for kills, and I was dropping combos too like a fraud :-;

smh you probably didn't pray to the 3.5 gods before hand and as your punishment they cursed your soul with fraudulence.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Been watching his stuff these past six months. Really solid reviews. He and matthewmatosis are my favorites (especially matt's W101 review, just fantastic video).
Matthewmatosis Dark Souls II and Zelda critiques are so spot on too.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
God damn I love 3.5

I feel sorta bad, because all the players around my level in az had their characters nerfed except ganon and lucario players

And I'm sitting here with a big net buff for wolf, negligible changes for fox, and a much more interesting diddy with a much stronger punish game. Even my other characters I mess around with, Rob, Gnw, peach and falcon, all got pretty exclusively buffed. 3.5 is a great patch for me lol
-slight recovery nerfs (expected though)
-boosted upair kills 15% later
-more endlag on grounded side-b
-perfect wavelands out of side-b are now finicky and unreliable for no reason
+larger shield

ROB was "buffed"?

**** work, it's hard to keep up with this thread and play video games now. Had to respond late though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom