• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: M Smash Boards Migration And You

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Smashmods is a terribly made website, this is true (I didn't make it). Once you're actually ON THE FORUMS, though, you shouldn't be missing the old forums very easily unless you just refuse to scroll donwn.
Yup, I concur~

MaxThunder

PM Support
if it's possible, the project m section could be where it is now but have several subforums structured roughly the same way they were on smashmods...

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Dude. You read my post totally out of context. I was talking about having a P:M workshop seperate to vBrawl.

Most things that make this a totally different game are in the code set which we can't touch.
We edit the HUD which is similar If not the same and could be used in vBrawl. SSS can be used in vBrawl. Characters don't have edited bones so they can be used in vBrawl.
The stages are the only thing that we mess with that are exclusive to P:M. All their changed collisions and what not.

:phone:
There's no custom SSS, I think you're thinking of CSS, which can't be used in vBrawl because it only contains Project M characters. The HUD is made with all Project M BP's, you'll have to manually create your own BP's of the old vBrawl colors and switch them out if you want to use it with vBrawl. The custom gameplay affecting stages in the PM workshop are designed with PM competitive play in mind. I see Project M tailored PSA's coming after the first release with the full roster. Project M and Brawl have some cross-compatibility, but are very different games and should be treated as such.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
No new Stage Select Screen? You make me laugh.
But otherwise I suppose you're right.
Though I wasn't considering BPs. Who posts that PAC anyway? Except maybe in the case I'm about to mention...
I was thinking icon placement and size.

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
Imagine smashmods as a filing cabinet. It wasn't the most organized, but it worked for our needs. Everyone is flustered because the people who own the cabinet decided to upgrade up, and dumped the entire cabinet on the floor. As it stands, all the papers and documents are scrambled together on the floor while the cabinet owners (who promised to fix it up) continue the upgrade. This wouldn't be a problem if people didn't need any of the documents currently on the floor. Thee end.

All I want back from smashmods is the PM Workshop. Most stages, characters, menus, and music hacks are effected by Project M's development, and if we combined that with the brawl hacking forums, they would have to adapt to us coming in, and they would have to deal with the [P:M] tagged hacks they can't use. PM is pretty different from Brawl hacking wise. Sure character textures usually work the same way, but everything else is pretty much separated.

Also, I'm glad a brawl mod got it's own forum section alongside the rest of the smash brothers games!

shanus

Smash Hero
We are working on changes to include stuff and introduce more organization here. It's obviously a work-in-progress, so please be patient. However, we are very excited to finally have a section on SWF and are looking forward to hopefully even greater community involvement with the ease of one consolidated smash forum.

Thanks!

Smash Rookie
Man, I didn't realize we were swapping forums.... What a shame, I was about to post something I created in the P:M workshop.

Anyways, I think we should have a Project: M workshop thread. Everybody liked on the old thread, so why shouldn't we have it here? Even though vBrawl and P:M are somewhat similar, that didn't warrent a deletion from smash mods and a note asking us all to post in the "General Hacking" sub-forum in Smash Mods.

Plus, wouldn't different stages be enough for us to have a workshop anyways?

Also, now I know why everything was so quiet this last week. Seriously, never noticed the announcement that we were moving.

B.W.

Smash Champion
The only thing I'm really going to miss from SmashMods is the "view todays posts" button, and the fact that, as far as I can tell, you can't embed videos on SmashBoards which mostly sucks because the project I was working on made heavy use of embedding videos in the first post.

I love the fact that P:M is on SmashBoards though because we are no longer seperated between the two forums. There will be a lot more discussion and possibly even more players coming to P:M and that's always good news.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
The only thing I'm really going to miss from SmashMods is the "view todays posts" button, and the fact that, as far as I can tell, you can't embed videos on SmashBoards which mostly sucks because the project I was working on made heavy use of embedding videos in the first post.

I love the fact that P:M is on SmashBoards though because we are no longer seperated between the two forums. There will be a lot more discussion and possibly even more players coming to P:M and that's always good news.
I definitely agree on that view today's posts link. That link was the best... so true about this getting more interested players though. And that's the positives that outweigh the negatives of this move.

Definitely need the individual character discussion sections again though. That was core in their developments.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Go to top, press "quick links"
Drop box
Press "Today's posts." which is at the top.
A winner is you.
Dunno how it'd be on the full layout though. Stupid phone forcing me on the mobile layout.
EDIT: It's on the desktop layout as well.

Also there's already a section for character discussion. All but unreleased characters have their own subsection.

:phone:

hamyojo

Smash Ace
People could just not tag them when posting a thread. I don't know why everyone keeps making them [General]. <.<
According to when I posted this, this is false.

This...will take some getting used to. Glad for PM moving to Smashboards though.
Yay you're here!
I converted the OP of the HUD thread to SmashBoards btw, just don't have anywhere to post it yet.

tripwire

Smash Journeyman
I definitely agree on that view today's posts link. That link was the best... so true about this getting more interested players though. And that's the positives that outweigh the negatives of this move.

Definitely need the individual character discussion sections again though. That was core in their developments.
They have them.

Dubforce

Smash Sidius
Wait so PM was being discussed here the entire time that we were using smashmods? Why didn't I ever hear about this before? And where is all the "discussion" that happened here while smashmods was up?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Wait so PM was being discussed here the entire time that we were using smashmods? Why didn't I ever hear about this before? And where is all the "discussion" that happened here while smashmods was up?
see the social thread? notice how it's 2k+ pages? That's where all the discussion was.

Dubforce

Smash Sidius
Oh wow. Thats intense. Why did people even bother having discussions in such a manner (meaning one thread will all that info must have been a big cluster eff) when the smashmods forums were there?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I know a lot of the people here were also on smashmods at the same time.

I was only here because I frequent smashboards because this is just the forum I frequent. I play brawl and whatnot, and I got into following PM cuz it was here. I think that's what they're going for with the whole move.

Yurya

Smash Apprentice
The sooner we move the sooner it becomes normal.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Go to top, press "quick links"
Drop box
Press "Today's posts." which is at the top.
A winner is you.
Dunno how it'd be on the full layout though. Stupid phone forcing me on the mobile layout.
EDIT: It's on the desktop layout as well.

Also there's already a section for character discussion. All but unreleased characters have their own subsection.
I meant for just P:M related posts, not all of today's posts on SWF as a whole. It was awesome just having updates for the current/new threads regarding P:M but I suppose I could just subscribe to the forum...

They have them.
I see now, I was late. :( Wanted to start off with all the info from Smashmods so people can look up answers to answered questions, but I'll probably do that anyway in FAQs for some characters.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I meant for just P:M related posts, not all of today's posts on SWF as a whole. It was awesome just having updates for the current/new threads regarding P:M but I suppose I could just subscribe to the forum...
Pretty much this. I don't give a damn what the rest of the forum is up to, I only care about the posts regarding Project: M.

TheDevicer

Smash Cadet
I just hate the way the forum is set up. We desperately need to have correct sub-forums up. Threads get glanced over simply because of how many we've got going.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I just hate the way the forum is set up. We desperately need to have correct sub-forums up. Threads get glanced over simply because of how many we've got going.
Hopefully we can fix it soon. Moderators aren't really set into place yet either.

Once everything is cleaned up and really going, it should be about as good as Smods was, and with a much larger userbase.

shanus

Smash Hero
i know you guys really want the forums back properly set-up, but please have patience. We are working on it :)

TheDevicer

Smash Cadet
It's kay. Monk's and SB's avatars in Smashmods made everything they wrote look hostile. We've currently resolved input lag. And it's your damn fault it took so long.

Anyways, I can't wait to actually have some level of normalcy. The PM fan texture projects will likely navigate to KCMM as things stand.

Top Bottom