• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Showdown II (+ Melee)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Thanks for an excellent tournament guys. The Showdown series is growing. See you all in two months hopefully.

Results:

Project M Singles (bracket):
1: Eli ($200) :ike: :dk2:
2: Nintendude ($100) :ike: :peach:
3: Ryoko ($30) :sheilda: :peach:
4: leelue ($10) :sonic: :ganondorf:
5: cmart :bowser2:
5: Zhime :sheilda:
7: Vist :luigi2:
7: Omni :lucario:
9: JCaesar :rob: :marth: :mario2: :link2:
9: Redd :fox: :falco:
9: Vanguard :lucario:
9: Master WGS :lucas: :marth:
13: BuckOhFive :dk2:
13: JSP :ike:
13: CTL :dk2: :falcon:
13: Roooster :snake:
17: GHNeko :sonic:
17: Doowop :mario2:
17: Thunderhorse :falco:
17: Risky :luigi2:
17: dkuo :pikachu2:
17: Rude :gw: :charizard:
17: SS4Ricky :link2: :ike:
17: Dank :sheik:
25: GuruKid :pit:
25: Count Kaiser
25: BigWenz :mario2:
25: Hertz
25: Bobz
25: 9K+1
25: SRZ2
25: Jordo
33: GG
33: Prinz

Project M Doubles (bracket):
1: Nintendude + Vist ($150)
2: Ryoko + leelue ($70)
3: Risky + Zhime ($20)
4: JCaesar + cmart
5: Eli + Doowop
5: Mike + Jamar
7: CTL + BigWenz
7: Ricky Bobby
9: GHNeko + Godslafco
9: Fortune + Gehn
9: GG + Prinz
9: Andy + Mo

Melee Singles (bracket):
1: Cactuar ($100) :fox:
2: Redd ($50) :fox: :sheik:
3: DoH ($10) :peach:
4: Wenbo :fox: :falco:
5: Vist :luigi2:
5: Omni :fox:
7: Nintendude :peach: :popo:
7: Pei :marth:
9: SS4Ricky
9: Toadayoda :ganondorf:
9: BigWenz :drmario:
9: Fortune :marth: :falcon:
13: Dkuo :pikachu2:
13: Gehn :fox:
13: GG
13: Prinz

Melee Doubles (bracket):
1: Cactuar + DoH
2: Nintendude + Vist
Not sure about the rest, the bracket is incomplete.

Help me fill in the characters I missed please.

Here's a playlist of all the Project M tournament matches that were recorded.

Shoutouts later.

dkuo

Smash Lord
GGs everyone :) I might back out from entering PM singles for the time being until I own a Wii...shoutouts:

Cactuar - Nice seeing you down here. Shame we only played for 1 stock :awesome:

Redd - We didn't play at all! :(

Wenbo - You're getting too good at this game ~_~_~_~~_~_~_~~_~_~_~_~

Vist - Luigi is so goofy -_- wish I played you a bit more lol

Omni/Vanguard - GGs. I'll get PM one day and Lucario will finally make sense to me <_<

Nintendude - ICs is such a hard matchup for me with Pika so I'm happy I got to play you in bracket. Although...our set isn't on twitch for some reason -_-

Toadayoda - Nice seeing you around again. keep reppin dat ganon

BigWenz - We didn't play at all! Then again we play pretty regularly soooo I guess it's not a huge problem lol

Fortune - Great job in our set man, you've improved. If we meet in tourney again I'm going to make us play the same MU because I'm still salty! Or a MM :p

Zhime - Didn't know you were the same Zelda that was in the PM combo video! Wish I played you in PM too.

JCaesar - Good **** with running the tourney. PM is looking up.

CTL - You entered something!! Sorry about the recording issues, idk what happened. Computers are dumb sometimes.

Hertz - If you still have my orange controller can you leave it at Xanadu or give it to CTL/some other MD player who knows me? If not just hang on to it and if we meet again remember to return it to me lol

Alternatively if someone can easily reach either of us that would be great :)

EDIT: I went all Pikachu in Melee too in case you want to add that

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to my Falcon that I never played in bracket
All Fox and Falco (and 1 game of Sheik (don't ask))

Real shoutouts to Nintendude / Omni / Redd for some intense sets (although Redd just ***** me >:[ get you next time)

Shoutouts to Cactuar for showing up out of nowhere

Shoutouts to JHU for making me play in the crew battle

CTL17

Smash Lord
Melee teams results are exactly how you seeded them.
Dank used Sheik.

Shoutouts to Count and Wenz and one more person for making the number of entrants 31 so JC forced me to enter. Then two more entered. '-.- I wonder what will coax me to enter next PMS.

Wenz: Nice job in the crew battle. Too bad David is bad at recording.
David: Nice job in the crew battle. Too bad David is bad at recording.

JHU~
Eric: Keep up the healthy rivalry! There's another chance I could defect to you guys this year.
Rohan: Stop rolling into people
Patrick, Gehn: Nice meeting you two, hope to see you guys in CP or other events.

JCaesar: Well, without too many people bailing, we got many more entrants this time. And you seem to have a problem countering melee-styles.

Vist: I've entered regional singles less than 5 times. Out of those, I've faced you at least 3 times.

Vanguard: Best set ever.

Mike: I decided on no Wobbling because that's how I always ran things. Nothing against you, I promise.

Oliver: We didn't even get to play!

Buck: DK dittoes.

Doowop: Pokéfloats is awesome. You know this.

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
Edit: JCaesar, thanks for running the tournament!

Fortune - Great job in our set man, you've improved. If we meet in tourney again I'm going to make us play the same MU because I'm still salty! Or a MM :p
Thanks! I wouldn't play anyone else against Pikachu in tourney lol. I would definitely be down for a MM.

Wenz: Nice job in the crew battle. Too bad David is bad at recording.
David: Nice job in the crew battle. Too bad David is bad at recording.
Wenz: I'm so mad.
David: Good **** with the recording. :joyful:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
No shoutout for my part in the crew battle?
NO SHOUTOUT FOR MY PART IN THE CREW BATTLE???

I deserve shoutouts for my interrupted dinner!!!

cmart

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to New York for coming down and being good at PM
Shoutouts to Redd and Cactuar for being good at melee

Shoutouts to everyone who showed up and had fun

Hope next time is even more successful : D

CTL17

Smash Lord
No shoutout for my part in the crew battle?
NO SHOUTOUT FOR MY PART IN THE CREW BATTLE???

I deserve shoutouts for my interrupted dinner!!!
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Antishoutouts to Wenbo for being needed in the crew battle. It's all my fault for not taking one more.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Who all was from NY, or out of state in general?

Ohio's crew was me, BuckOhFive, Rooster, and Rude.

Also: Sorry we didn't get over to JC's at any point this weekend - we were all pretty tired Saturday night, and most of today most of us just sorta vegged out and didn't really feel like doing much/we weren't sure how long people would be doing stuff. Would've loved to have been there for some more Smashin' with peeps.

Specific shout-outs later.

EDIT: Also, Rude never used Ike in tournament. He went G&W and 'Zard.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Just to be clear
I would like my character to be changed to Fox/Falco

Also Redd played Sheik for both our sets so put a Sheik next to his name too

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Who all was from NY, or out of state in general?

Ohio's crew was me, BuckOhFive, Rooster, and Rude.

Also: Sorry we didn't get over to JC's at any point this weekend - we were all pretty tired Saturday night, and most of today most of us just sorta vegged out and didn't really feel like doing much/we weren't sure how long people would be doing stuff. Would've loved to have been there for some more Smashin' with peeps.

Specific shout-outs later.

EDIT: Also, Rude never used Ike in tournament. He went G&W and 'Zard.
NY crew was:
Eli
Doowop
Leelue
Gurukid
Hertz

Master WGS

Smash Lord
SHOUTOUTS

Eli - Congratz on winning yet another tournament and letting us donate to the Eli is Great Charity. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to donate my extra $10, but maybe I will next time. The challenge will continue to stand until it can be completed, and I'll even let my round one loss in the Snake MM carry over to the next time we get the chance to play. It was nice meeting you, and you seem like a pretty cool guy.

Nintendude - Congratz on second, man! Didn't get the chance to play you at all, but you seemed like a good guy who would've crushed me anyway. Hope we get the chance to play each other in the future just so I can confirm my suspicions.

Ryoko - Even though we didn't talk much, it was nice hanging out at IHOP. I think neither of us are fantastic conversation starters, and I felt bad that I wasn't in the market for some jades. Zelda's still too good though, so know that even though I think you're a good guy, part of me will always be shaking my fist at you! ;)

leelue - I REALLY wanted to play your Sonic and your Ganondorf, considering I have almost zero experience in the former MU, and tons in the latter. Regardless, it was nice meeting you and chatting with you a little bit across the aisle at IHOP. Also, sorry for the granola bar incident that I had no part in, but you assumed I did. Sounded traumatic.

cmart - Now that I know your name, I hold true power! BWAHAHAHAHA! But seriously - nice seeing you again, and even though I said I wanted to avoid your Bowser to keep my positive record against it, I wish we coulda played at least once or twice this weekend. Next time I'll need to not wuss out and sleep instead of playing Smash with people from hundreds of miles away.

Zhime - Didn't get to play you, but as someone who frequently plays against Zelda, you scared the crap out of me. You're doing some insane stuff with a character who I think is already pretty boss, so don't stop - with your help she may one day be nerfed. :D

Omni - Sorry I totally bombed our first and third match. Your Lucario is sick, regardless, and would've trashed me even if I wasn't playing super sloppy. I just wish I would've given you a better/more fun match. Keep that energy going - people like you make tournaments more fun to attend. Also, though I didn't get to hear it, from what I understand you spit some grate commentary on the mic. Smash needs more good commentators, so good on ya.

JCaesar - Thanks for agreeing to be in our J-Crew and subsequently convincing Roooster to join the tournament. We would've definitely played that out if we weren't pansies who wanted to sleep/play Guilty Gear instead of Project M. Solid tournament as per your usual, and we'll probably be back for the next PMS. Hopefully we'll get more time off so we can be around some more.

Vanguard - Way to spend more time this weekend with a bunch of guys playing Smash Bros and Guilty Gear than your fiance, nerd. ;)

Master WGS - You are crazy for coming so far for this rinky-dink tournament and NOT winning.

BuckOhFive - See above. Also fix that gas light.

CTL - I didn't get to show you the C.Falcon immunity I think I've built up. Oh well, guess I'll do it up next time. :D

Roooster - Randoms and Final D are where it's at.

GHNeko - Nice meeting you! Always good to put a face with a name.

Doowop - Guess I'll take a rain check on that Mario Party/Kart madness we talked about in the IRC.

Thunderhorse - You have no idea how hard my heart was pounding through our set. You've got a solid Falco, bro.

Rude - You should've gone Ike.

GuruKid - Sorry about those SDs on Roooster and Rude. Your campy Pit is a monster that should've eaten them both alive, and we all know it. But still, Charizard? j/k I'd be lying if I said I wish I would've played you (You would've timed me out and I would've hated it), but you're really freaking good. This placing doesn't reflect your skill/determination at all. I can't wait for your vengeance to swoop in and arrow my friends.

Count Kaiser - Great commentary on my set! Also, that Luigi is madness. Not sure if he's your main over Ness now, but they're both looking slick.

Hertz - Was fun doing friendlies and hanging out at IHOP. Don't be so hard on yourself, you really aren't bad at this game.

9K+1 - Brawl is bad. Dedede is bad. You are bad. You should feel bad. (Just kidding - Fun matches we had, and I'm glad you're like me in that you love zany stages. Also, that Lucas of yours keeps me on my toes. Gotta steal some of them tricks you've got.)

Anyone else I played/talked to - Thanks for helping make my second trip to Maryland a fun one, and sorry you can't seem to win a single tournament your state hosts. With a little practice, Ohio might actually be able to put up a good fight with New York over rights to your pitiful state. :troll:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
how many people total were there?
Probably close to 50 total, but quite a few people didn't enter anything.

I can't say for sure, but we had 32 for Project M singles
34 actually. Bigger than Big House 2!

Sorry guys, still too busy/tired to do full shoutouts, but I'll get to them by the end of the week. Also hopefully upload the tourney matches I recorded by tonight, but no promises.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Did anyone leave a white controller with both trigger springs removed at our place?

:phone:

GuruKid

Smash Ace
That'd be mine, Brett. Got my Wii but seems like I forgot my controller (was gonna hook it up again today but then I noticed).

If you could mail it over I'd be eternally grateful, and would of course pay you back via paypal.

Great tournament overall!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
First off a big thanks to the TOs, Brett and CTL, for an awesome Melee / PM tournament. I already can’t wait for the next one!

Vist – thanks for teaming in both events. I’m really happy with how we played all around and I think we’re capable of being the best Melee team in this region too.

Eli – “I just punched the air to the right.” Hahahaha I still don’t know how the hell that hit me but even though I was annoyed I thought that was really funny. Our games were so much fun and I wish we got more time to play this time around. Congrats on defending your title and I’ll see you again soon.

Wenbo – good job pulling off those narrow victories vs me and Omni. You’re really good when you’re on point.

Redd – glad I finally got to meet you but I’m sad I lost to Wenbo and didn’t get to face you in bracket lol. Next time we’ll play some Melee.

Cactuar – totally did not expect to see you down here lol but I’m really glad you came. Next time let’s team:)

leelue – ggs in brackets. You’re really good at those Ganon forward-B spikes.

Zhime – you make Zelda look like a ton of fun. I’m glad we got to play a bunch of friendlies. Also, you could have beaten Eli… just gotta work on your edge game a bit more.

cmart – 2 bombs wtf LOL

Omni – damn, you may be rusty but you are still super good. Totally came out of nowhere in PM too. Let’s play on weekdays when you get that exam over with.

Ryoko – last time I saw you was at like Smashtality 2 in June 2007 or something lol. ggs in singles and doubles

Ohio guys – I didn’t really get to play you guys but it’s cool that you came all this way. I hope your trip was worthwhile and you can come to the next one!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
First (and last) tournament I've gone to in months. Must finish this CPA. Totally bailed by Chillindude, but I'll force him to team with me in the future to make up for it. :3

I also had a lot of fun commentating and think I'm pretty good at it. Would love to commentate more if the general public accepts me as one of their own.

Melee Shout-Outs
1: Cactuar - Always great to see you, sweetheart.
2: Redd - Same to you, baby. It's been years, amirite? Once I get some of my big boys things going money/career wise I'll be sure to be around so we continue our old rivalry.
3: DoH - Great seeing you, bro'. I count my last win against you as a fluke, but I'm currently aiming to get you again. Don't think I'll be quite there anytime soon so wait for me. Wife 2.0?
4: Wenbo - Fun set, bruh. Thanks for teaming with me. I'll definitely show you the real Omni the next time we play in tournament. Be prepared! And thanks for offering me a ride back; means a lot.
5: Vist - Fun set with you, too, sir! Just like old times. It's always weird learning how to play Luigi, again. I think the shine the first match might thrown you off a bit, but I look forward to our next set.
5: Omni - Sexy. As. Hell.
7: Nintendude - Thanks for the ride, bro! Ten minutes away? We gotta' get some training done whenever I get some free time!
9: SS4Ricky - Really good seeing you, bro. Been forever. Glad you're still staying strong. Get that link back up to snuff so we can show these newheads true SSJ power.
9: BigWenz - Fun set, bruh! No Fox johns!

PM Shout-Outs
1: Eli - Nice to meet you, sir. Didn't talk much, but must say I was impressed by your gameplay. Savor that top spot while it last! Lots of hungry players ready to snatch it away. =D
3: Ryoko - This guy. Last time I remember even associating with you much is back when Brawl first came out learning how to deal with that Sheik/Zelda/Peach triple threat. Great to see the transition and consistency over the years. If it weren't for a few very low % suicides, I think we might have seen a different outcome here.
4: leelue - Awesome set, bro. Great Sonic. I was definitely trying to learn the match-up on the fly due to not understanding anything about Sonic's mechanics. I assume you were, too, with my Lucario. All in all; two one-sided matches followed by a clutch last game was well worth it. Look forward to showing you my evolved form the next time we meet in tournament.
5: cmart - My God. That beat down. "I will never forget this day". Lol... joy to be around with, sir. I'll be ready for that Bowser next time. Already workin' on some anti-Bowser technology as we speak. ;)
9: JCaesar - President of Shinra Corp. himself. Well ran tournament man. Really fun sets, too. Your ROB is extremely scary and crafty. I wiggled a 'W' through you somehow this time, but I don't think you'll show me any mercy next time around. Lookin' forward to our next set.
9: Vanguard - Lucario Master! Great to finally meet you, bruh. Our Lucario's are definitely very different, but I felt like I learned a lot watching you play other people as well as myself. We should rap more about Lucario mechanics so we can be the founding father's of the new technology.
9: Master WGS - Fun set, man! That Lucas had me sweatin'. Think our set could have gone either way based on a few small instances. Glad to have you over and look forward to seeing you in the future for some more epic sets.
17: GHNeko - Jujubees! Great to finally see you, bro. I remember first locking eyes with you and was like, "THIS GUY. I FEEL... HOME." haha. Way to beat me down right as we're leaving the venue. We definitely need to get some matches in.

If there's anyone else I'm forgetting please forgive me. Love you all!

Anyone who beat me or outplaced me better be ready for next time.

Bloodshot AC

Smash Rookie
I hope I don't actually have to have been at this tournament to post here. ;_;

As a huge Zhime fan from down south, I was really sad to not see you on the stream! Great job Placing 5th though, especially coming from what I understand to be mostly wifi play! Your Zelda is actually what inspired me to try out the character, which I now love.

Omni, I think your commentary was awesome. The inherent cockiness of it really struck a chord with me as funny commentary, and I sure hope to see more of it in the future.

Congrats on what seemed like a very sucessful tournament JCaesar, I can only expect even better from here on out.

Top Bottom