• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Hey Patt, I really like your stages and interface, but I prefer the character textures in Theytah's build. I attempted to simply replace the fighter files and portraits with Theytah's, but the game freezes whenever I select a stage. Any idea what the issue could be?

Randy Butternubs

Smash Cadet
I'll definitely see to adding it! It's quite simple. Thanks for the positive feedback man! You're awesome!

EDIT: The pokemon theme song is called x13.brstm. Copy it and rename it to H01 - H05 (whichever one you wish). And it will replace the following on Stadium 2

Pokémon Stadium 2
H01 - Pokémon Main Theme
H03 - Road to Viridian City (From Pallet Town / Pewter City)
H02 - Pokémon Center
H04 - Pokémon Gym / Evolution
H05 - Wild Pokémon Battle! (Ruby / Sapphire)

Good luck! Im making the change in the next pack but you might as well get the jump on things yourself :)

Dude you rock. I would of done it myself but i didn't hae internetfor a few days. Thanks for makin the change man and downloading now.

SerjTargarien

Smash Rookie
Ey, Patt, your pack is absolutely awesome, I did something like this with vanilla Smash Bros long before Project M even existed, but yours is much better.

This is something that has been probably asked before, but... Is it normal that in some characters wielding a sword (ninja turtle guy, Zoro Ronoa, Auron...) a second shiny blade is rendered on top of the normal weapon wielded by the model? Is it fixable, or is it something we have to live with? I will get and post a screenshot if it is not a common problem, but I have the feeling it has benn probably asked before, I just didin't have the time to read all 20 pages of posts.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey Patt, I really like your stages and interface, but I prefer the character textures in Theytah's build. I attempted to simply replace the fighter files and portraits with Theytah's, but the game freezes whenever I select a stage. Any idea what the issue could be?
I belive TheyTahK doesn't use cbliss, which adds a bonus 5 characters to each slot. So if TheytahK doesn't have 10 characters per the game will freeze sorry.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Ey, Patt, your pack is absolutely awesome, I did something like this with vanilla Smash Bros long before Project M even existed, but yours is much better.

This is something that has been probably asked before, but... Is it normal that in some characters wielding a sword (ninja turtle guy, Zoro Ronoa, Auron...) a second shiny blade is rendered on top of the normal weapon wielded by the model? Is it fixable, or is it something we have to live with? I will get and post a screenshot if it is not a common problem, but I have the feeling it has benn probably asked before, I just didin't have the time to read all 20 pages of posts.
That's something I added recently but will remove next update. It's supposed to add sword glow to sword characters but fails because I have so many different models.

Thanks for the heads up!

SerjTargarien

Smash Rookie
That's something I added recently but will remove next update. It's supposed to add sword glow to sword characters but fails because I have so many different models.

Thanks for the heads up!
No problem, looking forward to the next version. I will probably host a competition with the mod activated and I think the quantity and quality of character models compiled will probably blow some minds between my friends, so I look forward to the fix. ^_^

EDIT: Ok, kept playing and found something else, Farfectch'd model (over Meta Knight) isn't looking like is should. It is just too shiny (not "a bit off shiny", more like "eye hurting shiny"). Is it a great model, but if it can't be fixed you could just replace him with someone else on your next version. ;)

Last edited:

Nekoarashi

Smash Rookie
Hey- long time player here but first time poster.

Love all the work you put into this but unfortunately I have a ton of HD icons and my own CSS that I can't seem to get to play nice with these files. How can I go about integrating everything but the CSS and button icons? Example images attached, the reskinned controller icons to match my Xbox 360 controller. I really love all the work you did but for my set up its a bit invasive :)

Attachments

MaskedGentlemanne

Smash Rookie
Uhm excuse me but I think the download is not working
And I was wondering,Is there a way to replace some characters by yourself?

Nolgax

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this is even remotely possible, or has been answered before (and if so, I apologize.)
But is there any feasible way to make it to where you could have custom voices for the different costumes?
It'd be quite the daunting task if you wanted to do it for every single character, though, I'm sure..

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I'm adding it next update. It'll go over that really annoying ruined Namek stage. Nice find!

Will you ever add waluigi when he is finished for proyect M?
No because I don't know how to add extra character slots and won't replace a character for him.

I'm not sure if this is even remotely possible, or has been answered before (and if so, I apologize.)
But is there any feasible way to make it to where you could have custom voices for the different costumes?
It'd be quite the daunting task if you wanted to do it for every single character, though, I'm sure..
It's not possible (to my knowledge) because it changes every voice for one particular character not per costume. Sorry!

Hey- long time player here but first time poster.

Love all the work you put into this but unfortunately I have a ton of HD icons and my own CSS that I can't seem to get to play nice with these files. How can I go about integrating everything but the CSS and button icons? Example images attached, the reskinned controller icons to match my Xbox 360 controller. I really love all the work you did but for my set up its a bit invasive :)
When I have time Ill tell you which files to replace. It's going to be really hard because you can't just drag and drop files but will have to go into common 5 and such and replace files within it to work with yours! Sounds tough...

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Working on an update to remove glitches and add a few stages as well as fix the ready bar covering player 4. Should be up by tomorrow night.

Sorry for the double post.. Can't believe you can't delete on this forum... Sigh

Last edited:

schavira

Smash Journeyman
I like Ruined Namek. Kill Venom (it is not an accurate remake) or Project M Wario Ware.

Stage is actually very similar to Project M Wario Ware, so maybe this is a good replacement? Which version are you going to use?

Last edited:

Stoney65

Smash Cadet
Working on an update to remove glitches and add a few stages as well as fix the ready bar covering player 4. Should be up by tomorrow night.

Sorry for the double post.. Can't believe you can't delete on this forum... Sigh
Thank you for all the work you've put into making this amazing mod pack. My friends and I enjoy the hell out of it!

I absolutely loved BronzeGreekGod's Sword Ganon mod and was kinda very disappointed that it was taken out. Still, I'm excited to learn the Triforce Ganon moveset.

Will you be including the updated Triforce Ganon Mod by Ashingda in the next update? The included version seems a little incomplete, if that's the right word.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Thank you for all the work you've put into making this amazing mod pack. My friends and I enjoy the hell out of it!

I absolutely loved BronzeGreekGod's Sword Ganon mod and was kinda very disappointed that it was taken out. Still, I'm excited to learn the Triforce Ganon moveset.

Will you be including the updated Triforce Ganon Mod by Ashingda in the next update? The included version seems a little incomplete, if that's the right word.
I took out BronzeGreekGod's because it was a little unbalanced and I will have the most recent update from Ashingda.

I like Ruined Namek. Kill Venom (it is not an accurate remake) or Project M Wario Ware.

Stage is actually very similar to Project M Wario Ware, so maybe this is a good replacement? Which version are you going to use?
Ohhh k Ill keep it then. And for some reason, replacing Wario Ware PM causes freezing all across the board. I want to replace it though cause its useless to have 2 wario ware stages.. As per the version I haven't looked at it to know so your opinion will most likely sway the final decision unless someone else puts in too.

Last edited:

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Yo, is there a way to delete some of the character skins? I'd rather only have a couple ones like vegeta and frieza and the rest of the regular original character skins. do i just delete them from the file folder?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Yo, is there a way to delete some of the character skins? I'd rather only have a couple ones like vegeta and frieza and the rest of the regular original character skins. do i just delete them from the file folder?
That would not work since my pack relies on cBliss. Honestly, I would say just download the characters you want from Brawl Vault and invest the time in learning programs like Brawl Costume Manager in order to augment vanilla PM. It would take to much work undoing everything in mine sorry.

EDIT TO ALL: Finished updating my pack with character, stage, music, and UI fixes (that can be found in the change log and content list sections). I'll upload it some time tonight so stay tuned!

EDIT EDIT TO ALL: Here's a peak at the changes done to the ready up bar in any CSS and the menu items in Classic Mode!

Classic Mode

Multiplayer Mode

Last edited:

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
That would not work since my pack relies on cBliss. Honestly, I would say just download the characters you want from Brawl Vault and invest the time in learning programs like Brawl Costume Manager in order to augment vanilla PM. It would take to much work undoing everything in mine sorry.

EDIT TO ALL: Finished updating my pack with character, stage, music, and UI fixes (that can be found in the change log and content list sections). I'll upload it some time tonight so stay tuned!

EDIT EDIT TO ALL: Here's a peak at the changes done to the ready up bar in any CSS and the menu items in Classic Mode!

Classic Mode

Multiplayer Mode
alright thanks bro. and i will def look out for the updated pack sounds really exciting. thanks again for supplying us with some fun stuff. stages are downright amazing

schavira

Smash Journeyman
I took out BronzeGreekGod's because it was a little unbalanced and I will have the most recent update from Ashingda.

Ohhh k Ill keep it then. And for some reason, replacing Wario Ware PM causes freezing all across the board. I want to replace it though cause its useless to have 2 wario ware stages.. As per the version I haven't looked at it to know so your opinion will most likely sway the final decision unless someone else puts in too.
I would either use one of the versions with Sora (the blue one looks best) because it is pretty neutral to the whole series, the pink one with the three free princesses, or Snow White or Cinderella because those look the best and originate from Walt Disney's lifetime (Sleeping Beauty does too but it is nowhere near as classic). Definitely avoid the Frozen variation at all costs hahhaha avoid Roxas too because then the fan base will probably swarm this mod

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I would either use one of the versions with Sora (the blue one looks best) because it is pretty neutral to the whole series, the pink one with the three free princesses, or Snow White or Cinderella because those look the best and originate from Walt Disney's lifetime (Sleeping Beauty does too but it is nowhere near as classic). Definitely avoid the Frozen variation at all costs hahhaha avoid Roxas too because then the fan base will probably swarm this mod
Way ahead of you ;) It's in the next update and I picked the blue Sora version :)

TundraCycle

Smash Rookie
I just tried to get the program working and it starts up and after the launch screen reverts back to regular Brawl but with some characters split up and all stages are pokemon stadium or other copied stages. and it crashes after i select a character and sort through skins that are just the regular brawl skins. I'm not sure what i did wrong or what i'm missing?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Do I download PMPE 3.0.2-09.zip, PMPE 3.0.2-10.zip, or sd(09).raw?
Sorry I've figured it now. Download the PMPR 3.0.2-10.zip for WII, sd.raw for Dolphin. I've removed all the other needless files.
Hey, is the sd.raw finished?
Should be now. Sorry I was out and hoping it was finishing uploading haha
I just tried to get the program working and it starts up and after the launch screen reverts back to regular Brawl but with some characters split up and all stages are pokemon stadium or other copied stages. and it crashes after i select a character and sort through skins that are just the regular brawl skins. I'm not sure what i did wrong or what i'm missing?
Try formatting your card first, then reapplying the files. Second, make sure that you did not place this over top of an existing pack. Third, make sure you are starting it up through the stage builder exploit. Fourth, ask me again :)

EDIT: As always tell me about any freezes, bugs that you find, and of course, of any suggestions for me to consider. Hope you goes are enjoying it :) Love yah! Goodnight.

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Hey Patt, where did you hide some of the music? I found some chunks of it in the data log, but I can't find some other stuff. You put some really good stuff on here.

Also Patt I would really love you if you put the original Flat Zone in the next update.

Last edited:

Nick Latina

Smash Rookie
I hate to bother you Patt, but when I try to download the PMPE 3.0.2-10, it says error occured instead of showing the captcha. I tried to download the sd.raw just to see if I could, and there was no problem with downloading that

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I hate to bother you Patt, but when I try to download the PMPE 3.0.2-10, it says error occured instead of showing the captcha. I tried to download the sd.raw just to see if I could, and there was no problem with downloading that
Turn off ad block :)

Hey Patt, where did you hide some of the music? I found some chunks of it in the data log, but I can't find some other stuff. You put some really good stuff on here.

Also Patt I would really love you if you put the original Flat Zone in the next update.
Won't add flat zone because I don't like the stage at all. Sorry! :S

Also all the music files are either in strm or SFX folders in projectm/pf

I haven't hidden anything anywhere!

Last edited:

Cryo Blades

Smash Rookie
NNID
CryoBlades
Hey, for a possible skin for King Dedede, can you find a model of Smithy from Super Mario RPG: Legend of The Seven Stars? They both are fairly large, and both carry huge hammers. It could be a possible fit for Dedede. Thanks by the way if you could.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey, for a possible skin for King Dedede, can you find a model of Smithy from Super Mario RPG: Legend of The Seven Stars? They both are fairly large, and both carry huge hammers. It could be a possible fit for Dedede. Thanks by the way if you could.
Search brawl vault for a model that fits your request. If it's not there I won't find it either since that's my main source for models. If you can't locate it I'll look as well but your probably hooped.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Turn off ad block :)

Won't add flat zone because I don't like the stage at all. Sorry! :S

Also all the music files are either in strm or SFX folders in projectm/pf

I haven't hidden anything anywhere!
Well that's to be expected.

Well, I tried looking for that Smithy mod on Brawl Vault, but, it was nowhere to be seen. It has been requested though. I did find 2 other mods you might like though.

Gruntilda the Witch over King Dedede:

And King K. Rool over King Dedede:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Well that's to be expected.

Well, I tried looking for that Smithy mod on Brawl Vault, but, it was nowhere to be seen. It has been requested though. I did find 2 other mods you might like though.

Gruntilda the Witch over King Dedede:

And King K. Rool over King Dedede:
I believe k rool is already over dedede, and I'll look into the gruntilda thanks!

GZPokefan

Smash Rookie
My best guess is that MAYBE your sd
card is in the "locked" position because that's what happened to me

Last edited:

GZPokefan

Smash Rookie

Who are the new characters in the new version???(skins I should say)

Top Bottom