• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, as cool as it looks, there are significant issues with the new CSS, and not just the 4-player problem. It obstructs view of some important elements on non-versus screens. I would revert back to the original CSS or another alternative until all of these problems can be fixed, if you want things to be consistent with the 'everything in this build works' approach you have sought.

Last edited:

Nashimaki

Smash Cadet
Honestly, as cool as it looks, there are significant issues with the new CSS, and not just the 4-player problem. It obstructs view of some important elements on non-versus screens. I would revert back to the original CSS or another alternative until all of these problems can be fixed, if you want things to be consistent with the 'everything in this build works' approach you have sought.
Patt said he was aware of the problem and was trying to fix it.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Stages I would replace in the next iteration -

Norfair (no one really cares about it, if you like it you can keep it, but I see no reason)
Project M Wario Ware (we have enough neutral stages, and this is definitely not a tournament build haha)
Venom (not a strong enough remake to warrant inclusion)
Peach's Castle 64 (just a bad stage in general)

Stages I would consider bringing back in their place -
Melee Final Destination (I like the new one a lot actually, but it would be nice to have the option)
The original Pirate Ship
Jungle Japes (why not, it is a complete Melee stage)

More custom stages are always welcome, of course, but please only put them in those four slots, I like the other stages too much to cut hahah

Nashimaki

Smash Cadet
Stages I would replace in the next iteration -

Norfair (no one really cares about it, if you like it you can keep it, but I see no reason)
Project M Wario Ware (we have enough neutral stages, and this is definitely not a tournament build haha)
Venom (not a strong enough remake to warrant inclusion)
Peach's Castle 64 (just a bad stage in general)

Stages I would consider bringing back in their place -
Melee Final Destination (I like the new one a lot actually, but it would be nice to have the option)
The original Pirate Ship
Jungle Japes (why not, it is a complete Melee stage)

More custom stages are always welcome, of course, but please only put them in those four slots, I like the other stages too much to cut hahah
Stage that should go in your opinion

-Norfair is a really nice map and it's probably the best from Metroid series

-I dont really care about WW so i wont say anything,

-Venom should probably go , Fox has other good stage like Corneria.

-Peach Castle is probably one of the less appealing map from all the game

Stage that should do a comeback

-The melee Final destination aged really bad ,the new one is actually way more epic and has better texture than the SSBM FD.

-I understant that the new pirate ship might not be so cool for some people , it's actually pretty easy to remplace yourself , they're are alot of tutorial on youtube yous hould be able to find one

-For jungle i dont care either

----------------------------------------

Last edited:

BlueOra6

Smash Rookie
Hmm try formatting your card then placing the files in. Don't extract to the sd card but place the files in after. It should work!

Deleting the music should be last last resort because the build is lacking without it for sure!

Keep trying!
Will Do! Thanks for the help. Just got home so gonna give this another try and have my fingers crossed!

GZPokefan

Smash Rookie
:drflip:I can't get It to work. I downloaded the .zip file,extracted it,then moved the files to my sd card(I formatted it before too) am I doing something wrong?(it would really help if someone did a video on instillation)

Nashimaki

Smash Cadet
:drflip:I can't get It to work. I downloaded the .zip file,extracted it,then moved the files to my sd card(I formatted it before too) am I doing something wrong?(it would really help if someone did a video on instillation)
I cant do a video , but you can do one and i can tell you what you're doing wrong if you want, syou can also send me screen of each steps.

GZPokefan

Smash Rookie
I cant do a video , but you can do one and i can tell you what you're doing wrong if you want, syou can also send me screen of each steps.
Am I suppose to download the sd.raw,or any of the other folders on media fire?

Nashimaki

Smash Cadet
STEP 1 : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/22/1401247497-step1.png Download this folder
STEP 2 : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/22/1401247498-step2.png This is the .zip files you'll need to open
STEP 3: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/22/1401247499-step3.png Your gonna need to format your SD Card ( it needs to be a 2GB or less memory card)
STEP 4:http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/22/1401247499-step4.png This is the format you're gonna need to format it in ( default isnt a value , just keep it as it is)
STEP 5: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/22/1401247500-step5.png Go inside the Zip files then inside the PMPE folder , youre gonna need to copy the inside of that folder , copying PMPE folder containt those folder will result in a fail.
STEP 6: Launch SSBB on your wii and delete all level you created using the level editor
STEP 7: Turn off your wii and insert your SD card
STEP 8: Launch SSBB and go to the Vault then click on level editor

The hack should start.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Am I suppose to download the sd.raw,or any of the other folders on media fire?
I have instructions on the first page of my post.

Also on Roy you use a model for Roxas from kingdom hearts Kingdom hearts 2 but you use a CSP from Ventus who's extremily look a like with Roxas.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3986052608/h0DBE72EE/

It was never proven that Ventus might be Roxas.

Feel free to change it if you care enough XD
Well I'll be! That model might get cut but could you send me a high quality picture that would be better?

Last edited:

Nashimaki

Smash Cadet
I guess this can do for Roxas : http://static.tumblr.com/c2a47de184..._ventus_awakening_render_by_hfyd2-d2xhxin.png

Also , i'm trying to replace some skins i dont like with brawlmanager but when the skins number is over 05 or 06 ( depending on characters ) i dont get The CSP or the BP in Brawl manager they dont appear and i get an error

this is what i get : http://www.noelshack.com/2014-22-1401248790-helpz.png

IS there another way , even if it's harder to change the csp ? the model PSC and PAC can be switch just fine.

Nashimaki

Smash Cadet
it's not ventus , he doesnt have the weird shoulder thing god those two area too look a like , + Roxas doesnt even have a good art with his everyday suit i can only find art with his black hoodie thing

Sandfall

Stage Designer
it's not ventus , he doesnt have the weird shoulder thing god those two area too look a like , + Roxas doesnt even have a good art with his everyday suit i can only find art with his black hoodie thing
Uh, yes that is most definitely Ventus. That image is from Ventus's Station of Awakening from Birth by Sleep (he is even wearing the same clothing as the Ventus image you posted earlier). Roxas doesn't have a Station of Awakening.
Here is the image the one you posted is cropped from. Here is the full article regarding the Dive to the Heart if you're interested.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
It's alright! Found a good image for roxas!

It,s better with the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAzrWOLv6ZM&list=UUHiFC0SzngrFNyTcdfA-9cQ

We streamed this last night like within an hour of release, in case anyone wants to see (feel free to link this anywhere you want)
Hey did you find any glitches or freezes this time around? I don't often play with items so suggestions help!

Will Do! Thanks for the help. Just got home so gonna give this another try and have my fingers crossed!
Did it work?

Last edited:

BlueOra6

Smash Rookie
Did it work?[/quote]

Yup, I've been playing all this time haha. I cleared the SD card just in case, then formatted it again, and re-downloaded the zip. Got it working great on the WiiU. Great Job Man!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Did it work?
Yup, I've been playing all this time haha. I cleared the SD card just in case, then formatted it again, and re-downloaded the zip. Got it working great on the WiiU. Great Job Man![/quote]
Thanks a lot! Now my one request is that you tell me EVERYTHING that's messed up okay? I only play with 2-3 people with no items and sometimes single play mode get's messed up or something goes wrong that I don't know about.

Telling me is the fastest way to getting it fixed.

Thanks again for playing!

Nashimaki

Smash Cadet
crashes everytime i try to put a BP on a toon link costume trying to fix it ATM , update to come on the situation , even when i replace it with the original it crash so i need to reformat the entire things.

Also i noticed that toonlink in your Zip files has like 20 more files than the other.

You have alot of ._FitToonLink and some fittoonlink , wich one do i need to replace ?

Why is there so much toonlink !

What is the

(dot)(underscore) before FitToonLink

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
crashes everytime i try to put a BP on a toon link costume trying to fix it ATM , update to come on the situation , even when i replace it with the original it crash so i need to reformat the entire things.

Also i noticed that toonlink in your Zip files has like 20 more files than the other.

You have alot of ._FitToonLink and some fittoonlink , wich one do i need to replace ?

Why is there so much toonlink !

What is the

(dot)(underscore) before FitToonLink
It might be an extra file that was placed there by accident. Send me a screen shot if you can. Characters should only really have FitXXXX.pac, FITMOTIONETC.pac and then FITXXXXYY.pcs/.pac files. (Kirby, Roy, Mewtwo and some others are exceptions)

SuperGoku9000

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt, I use Sora and Roxas (Roy's textures) in the game and every time I get a slow-mo clock I can't attack.
Help me please.

Also, how about adding SSJ kid goku for Lucas.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey Patt, I use Sora and Roxas (Roy's textures) in the game and every time I get a slow-mo clock I can't attack.
Help me please.

Also, how about adding SSJ kid goku for Lucas.
I had ssj kid goku but took him off. Also I don't know why they don't let you attack slow mo. Try not playing slo mo for now and I'll look into it.

GZPokefan

Smash Rookie
I have instructions on the first page of my post.

Well I'll be! That model might get cut but could you send me a high quality picture that would be better?[
I had ssj kid goku but took him off. Also I don't know why they don't let you attack slow mo. Try not playing slo mo for now and I'll look into it.
Can this work on the special edition red wii with the version 4.3U??

Last edited:

BlueOra6

Smash Rookie
Alrighty heres a quick update: So far the the only problems i've run into are 1. Some stages in Vs. Mode sometimes get laggy, (it happened the first time i played, but ever since really has not come up again) and 2. Sometimes when using a final smash some of the character textures turn black for a while but it usually corrects itself after a minute or 2 (The only characters this has happen to me with are Fox- Tails Texture and Bowser- N64 texture) Other then that its running great. I'll continue to keep you posted and i'll see if i find anything to fix the textures blacking out.

Jed05

Smash Cadet
NNID
DimmuJed
3DS FC
4227-3278-6754
Hey did you find any glitches or freezes this time around? I don't often play with items so suggestions help!
Didn't really find any glitches. Just that the ready screen is blocking player 4 as you know already.

I really don't like that one level whose name escapes me because I'm at work, that is just like two split cliffs, one high and one low. It doesn't play very well. Only criticism I have really, other than IDK who some of the characters are haha.

Nashimaki

Smash Cadet
Didn't really find any glitches. Just that the ready screen is blocking player 4 as you know already.

I really don't like that one level whose name escapes me because I'm at work, that is just like two split cliffs, one high and one low. It doesn't play very well. Only criticism I have really, other than IDK who some of the characters are haha.
You're probably talking about Orphan.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Can this work on the special edition red wii with the version 4.3U??
It should! If it has an SD slot and can play brawl. Sorry about no Gamecube controllers though :(

That's actually called ruined Namek. It's sort of a joke level and it will be replaced in the next update.

You're probably talking about Orphan.
^ You were close ;) And I like Orphan's cradle because of the secret ledges :p

Alrighty heres a quick update: So far the the only problems i've run into are 1. Some stages in Vs. Mode sometimes get laggy, (it happened the first time i played, but ever since really has not come up again) and 2. Sometimes when using a final smash some of the character textures turn black for a while but it usually corrects itself after a minute or 2 (The only characters this has happen to me with are Fox- Tails Texture and Bowser- N64 texture) Other then that its running great. I'll continue to keep you posted and i'll see if i find anything to fix the textures blacking out.
The reason that it's laggy sometimes and not others is that some of the character skins themselves are causing the lag. So some stages play fine once but the second time don't; it's because of the characters.

Because there are a lot of lighting changes that go on some people haven't optimized their models for different situations and since I'm not a modeller I can't fix it except to replace it... Which for most of those characters I don't want to do! :(

Last edited:

GZPokefan

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know how to spam the narrators voice when you at the CSS
(I.e.soni..soni..soni..sonic! Very quickly )???????

Top Bottom