• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Portanix

Smash Cadet
So it worked for me on a PAL Wii,too . I really like your pack. But I have one suggestion. You should definitely overthink a few of your charakter choices. Some of them I think are better off with another charakter as template. Although you should pick Attack-Form Deoxyis as your model as it fits the fighting genre more.

And btw. What is your character selection music? It's awesome!

Last edited:

Al Paccioli

Smash Rookie
The limit is set by cBliss (around 10 per character). Try a program called Brawl Costume Manager. Set the settings to Project M and it should help a lot! Making that kind of list is a lot of work, so try this program first and then Ill get back to you.
Will do, thanks.

Edit:
Tried it out, some of the costumes I downloaded make the game freeze, but most work. This tool was exactly what I was looking for, no need for a list now.

1. What does NTSC mean? 2. How will I know if it's loaded properly?
1. Straight from wikipedia:

NTSC, named after the National Television System Committee, is the analog television system that was used in most of the Americas (except Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay), French Guiana, Myanmar, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, the Philippines, and some Pacific island nations and territories.
In this context, it means that you should be using an "American" as opposed to a "European" wii. It seems the above poster is using a PAL (European) wii fine though...

2. The starting post in this thread has an image that shows what the root (the start of your sd card's file structure) of your sd card should look like. Other ways of making sure the files loaded properly on your card include:

• making a fresh install,
  • checking the card for errors (right click + properties + tools on windows)
  • making sure the amount of data you pasted into the card is the same as the amount of data you extracted out of the .zip file.
Edit: formatting (with the right format type) and defragmenting the card could also help,​

Last edited:

Trigspro789

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trigspro789
3DS FC
3566-2013-0217
Will do, thanks.

1. Straight from wikipedia:

In this context, it means that you should be using an "American" as opposed to a "European" wii. It seems the above poster is using a PAL (European) wii fine though...

2. The starting post in this thread has an image that shows what the root (the start of your sd card's file structure) of your sd card should look like. Other ways of making sure the files loaded properly on your card include:

• making a fresh install,
  • checking the card for errors (right click + properties + tools on windows)
  • making sure the amount of data you pasted into the card is that same as the amount of data you extracted out of the .zip file.
I'll be sure to try all those things. And yes, this is an American Wii U.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
1. What does NTSC mean? 2. How will I know if it's loaded properly?
How did it go?

Hey Patt, the classic mode in solo player works...but it freezes when I try to play as different textures for all Project M characters.

I tested each character from Mario to Roy and freezes ever time.

Help me please.

Also, it would be cool if you can put some kingdom hearts stages in PMPE next update.
So some characters are missing PAC files then. I've been able to cycle through every skin without issue so please reinstall the pack after formatting your card.

Every character freezing is definitely your issue so please do the above and then tell me exactly on which costume the game froze on.

Last edited:

Zaude93

Smash Rookie
Patt, when I installed this build on my wii or dolphin i get the issue that i cant choose the lower half of the characters and cant even change my nametag, what did I do wrong?

Trigspro789

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trigspro789
3DS FC
3566-2013-0217
It still didn't work!

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Patt, when I installed this build on my wii or dolphin i get the issue that i cant choose the lower half of the characters and cant even change my nametag, what did I do wrong?
Did you try copy all the files over in the download into an empty sd card? Or was project m in there already?

It still didn't work!
That does not help me. You need to be specific. Please re read what I asked you to do and get back to me :)

Last edited:

Trigspro789

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trigspro789
3DS FC
3566-2013-0217
i defraged the sd card, checked for any errors(none btw), and did a new download of PMPE 3.02-08. none of it worked. i don't think it works on wii u.

Randy Butternubs

Smash Cadet
its running great for me. Though I did play pokefloats for the first time yesterday and I have one request or maybe I can do it myself but the pokemon theme song should be playable for pokemon stadium 2. If i can find out how I will gladly do it myself. Just want to listen to it on my favorite stage. My friends and I all got pumped when we heard it playing and despite it being pokefloats, it turned into a great match. Already put this pack on all my friends wiis as its our favorite. As always loving the work you do and keep it up dude.

SuperGoku9000

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt, my friend wanted to ask you "does PMPE 3.0.2-08 work on a 4GB SDHC card for wii?".

Also I'm having some problems with Pokemon Floats 2 stage. It freezes after "Ready...GO!". Help me please.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey Patt, my friend wanted to ask you "does PMPE 3.0.2-08 work on a 4GB SDHC card for wii?".

Also I'm having some problems with Pokemon Floats 2 stage. It freezes after "Ready...GO!". Help me please.
Poke floats works for me.. As alwaysj try de fragging.

And no it has to be 2GB and lower unless you know how to make it a home brew app which I don't know how to do.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
its running great for me. Though I did play pokefloats for the first time yesterday and I have one request or maybe I can do it myself but the pokemon theme song should be playable for pokemon stadium 2. If i can find out how I will gladly do it myself. Just want to listen to it on my favorite stage. My friends and I all got pumped when we heard it playing and despite it being pokefloats, it turned into a great match. Already put this pack on all my friends wiis as its our favorite. As always loving the work you do and keep it up dude.
I'll definitely see to adding it! It's quite simple. Thanks for the positive feedback man! You're awesome!

EDIT: The pokemon theme song is called x13.brstm. Copy it and rename it to H01 - H05 (whichever one you wish). And it will replace the following on Stadium 2

Pokémon Stadium 2
H01 - Pokémon Main Theme
H03 - Road to Viridian City (From Pallet Town / Pewter City)
H02 - Pokémon Center
H04 - Pokémon Gym / Evolution
H05 - Wild Pokémon Battle! (Ruby / Sapphire)

Good luck! Im making the change in the next pack but you might as well get the jump on things yourself :)

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
I'm having some troubleshooting problems. I did everything in the OP, deleted all my Stage Builder stages, yet mine still freezes when I go to SD card. Am I supposed to download every part of it? (Including the 06 and 07 parts?)

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I'm having some troubleshooting problems. I did everything in the OP, deleted all my Stage Builder stages, yet mine still freezes when I go to SD card. Am I supposed to download every part of it? (Including the 06 and 07 parts?)
No -08 is fine by itself. Sometimes it just freezes.. Hmm. Does your sd card look like the picture in the OP?

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
No -08 is fine by itself. Sometimes it just freezes.. Hmm. Does your sd card look like the picture in the OP?
Yeeeaaaahhhh. Do you think you could repost that? My computer doesn't like Smashboards very much and refuses to load certain images.

EDIT: Nevermind, it loaded, and yes, it does. I'm using the hackless wii way.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Yeeeaaaahhhh. Do you think you could repost that? My computer doesn't like Smashboards very much and refuses to load certain images.

EDIT: Nevermind, it loaded, and yes, it does. I'm using the hackless wii way.
Well honestly just try again! Reformat your card, re add my pack, then try again. Sometimes it just doesn't load; It did this with Project M vanilla too.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Well honestly just try again! Reformat your card, re add my pack, then try again. Sometimes it just doesn't load; It did this with Project M vanilla too.
YESSSS I GOT IT TO RUN

LOOKS EPIC.

Just curious, who drew the characters on the selection screen?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
hey patt i need help i want to change the start screen of pm:

do you know how to edit this
Yes its in menu/strap I believe. I'm going off the top of my head at the moment but it should be in there. Then go into textures and click through them in brawl box until you find the image you want to change.

Kawii

Smash Cadet

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Hey Pat, I found 2 glitches.

Baby Mario's eye is disproportioned, it's like not-existent and is like a big line.

And the house in Kongo Jungle's chimney like flashes different colors.

Hope this helps.

Jed05

Smash Cadet
NNID
DimmuJed
3DS FC
4227-3278-6754
Here's a peak at what's coming in the next update:

When is this coming out? Looks awesome.

Also a few things I've noticed, but first our setup.

NTSC Wii U with game disc and 2gb SD card

Issues:

• Lara Crofts Final Smash froze our game
  • The menu seems to lag or have issues when trying to navigate character selection: For instance, on the Wii Remote it will lag really slow when using the D-pad. I think we didn't have an issue in version .7 but in .8 it came back, can't confirm that though.
  • There seems to be a problem with Classic Controllers double pressing buttons, as in on the menu screen you can see it select and unselect a character, or cycle through the skins really fast skipping skins. This doesn't happen on a standalone Wii controller
You can see these issues in some of our streams I linked earlier in the thread.

Anyways, thanks and keep up the good work. Playing this makes for good content on YouTube as people seem to be enjoying them.

Our latest stream of version .08

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
When is this coming out? Looks awesome.

Also a few things I've noticed, but first our setup.

NTSC Wii U with game disc and 2gb SD card

Issues:

• Lara Crofts Final Smash froze our game
  • The menu seems to lag or have issues when trying to navigate character selection: For instance, on the Wii Remote it will lag really slow when using the D-pad. I think we didn't have an issue in version .7 but in .8 it came back, can't confirm that though.
  • There seems to be a problem with Classic Controllers double pressing buttons, as in on the menu screen you can see it select and unselect a character, or cycle through the skins really fast skipping skins. This doesn't happen on a standalone Wii controller
You can see these issues in some of our streams I linked earlier in the thread.

Anyways, thanks and keep up the good work. Playing this makes for good content on YouTube as people seem to be enjoying them.
Our latest stream of version .08
I don't think you are playing -08! Make sure that you remove all files from your SD card first.

I'd recommend re recording your video! That character select menu should already be in -08.

Edit: Just rechecked and your not playing -08 for sure! I added two new stages to the second page and you did not have that. Did you download -08? I'm interested to know how you managed to know -08 was out and didn't update!

Also in regards to Lara croft, thanks for letting me know! I'll address that later. And the double clicking classic controller happens all the time and I don't know why :( if anybody knows it be nice to fix that!

Last edited:

Nashimaki

Smash Cadet
I've just installed your hack and i love it , i've played 4 hour with my bro yesterday it really gives a second life to that old SSBB. I was just wondering , dont you think ike doest have much appealing skins ? i mean i'm on the vault at the moment and there are really cool skin ,f ar better ( in my opinion) than the one in your hacks.
-----------------------------------Ike------------------------------------------------
By exemple Pyramid Head from silent hill: http://s1049.photobucket.com/user/BrawlerKyouma/slideshow/Others/Pyramid Head
Link to download: http://sta.sh/028tlvmttoi9

Also that badass armored riku : http://i.imgur.com/8MLEEhK.jpg
Link to download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/l0zz4of4asp4ppm/FitRikuArmor.zip

Or KillerBee from naruto (i think you rhack need more anime character ,since almost everychaarcater has a "pokemon" skin
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y488/Pklvr94/BeevsNaruto_zps7cf22f8a.jpg
Link to download : http://www.mediafire.com/download/s5c29ocrpdoo5l0/FitIke00(Bee).pcs

------------------------------------------------------------------------
And maybe Eren Jaeger for link the anime attack on titan had a huge success during it's airing season in japan , and now the anime is on Adult swim so i think Eren Jaeger should be in

http://s1049.photobucket.com/user/BrawlerKyouma/slideshow/SNK/Eren
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102142953/Vault Release/Eren Jaeger.rar

----------------------------------

These are only suggestion but i'd like to have your opinion about the ike skins , also how often do you update your hack ?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I've just installed your hack and i love it , i've played 4 hour with my bro yesterday it really gives a second life to that old SSBB. I was just wondering , dont you think ike doest have much appealing skins ? i mean i'm on the vault at the moment and there are really cool skin ,f ar better ( in my opinion) than the one in your hacks.
-----------------------------------Ike------------------------------------------------
By exemple Pyramid Head from silent hill: http://s1049.photobucket.com/user/BrawlerKyouma/slideshow/Others/Pyramid Head
Link to download: http://sta.sh/028tlvmttoi9

Also that badass armored riku : http://i.imgur.com/8MLEEhK.jpg
Link to download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/l0zz4of4asp4ppm/FitRikuArmor.zip

Or KillerBee from naruto (i think you rhack need more anime character ,since almost everychaarcater has a "pokemon" skin
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y488/Pklvr94/BeevsNaruto_zps7cf22f8a.jpg
Link to download : http://www.mediafire.com/download/s5c29ocrpdoo5l0/FitIke00(Bee).pcs

------------------------------------------------------------------------
And maybe Eren Jaeger for link the anime attack on titan had a huge success during it's airing season in japan , and now the anime is on Adult swim so i think Eren Jaeger should be in

http://s1049.photobucket.com/user/BrawlerKyouma/slideshow/SNK/Eren
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102142953/Vault Release/Eren Jaeger.rar

----------------------------------

These are only suggestion but i'd like to have your opinion about the ike skins , also how often do you update your hack ?
Hey man thanks for the suggestions! I update my hack about once a week or so. They are large downloads so I try not to do it too often to people haha.

I like the armored riku skin but I'm going to make sure the model looks nice in game before I add it. Not a fan of the hyper realistic graphics on pyramid head and I'll see if killer bee has a good model as well. Ike is pretty full of characters that people have already requested so though he may not be appealing to you he is actually fulfilling the dreams of many others haha. I'll see what I can do though!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Also , can i change myself the skins , by replacing the files in the character folder ?
Yes sir! Now matching the skins with the portraits you want is trickier but download brawl costume manager and check out TheyTahK's mode school for more information! (it's in the forum)

Top Bottom