• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
It didn't work. It only partially loaded. the CSS showed the character list, but when I started a match, it froze.

210stuna

Smash Lord
It didn't work. It only partially loaded. the CSS showed the character list, but when I started a match, it froze.
I had the same problem the first time I tried to download it. After 2 minutes it said it was down, and I said "That can't be right"
I checked out the files and it only had up to "fighter" with Marth's file. It was weird, but all I did was try to download it again and it worked fine.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
It still had the brawl strap screen and main menu, but the layout of a Project M character select screen. I think the match was lucario/wolf at pokemon stadium 2

AnguzBeef

Smash Rookie
Me and my friends are suuuper excited to play this, my computer wont transfer over the files though. After I paste the wii files into the sd card it waits a second then tells me that (filenamehere) has properties that cannot be transferred to the new location.Is it my comp or sd card?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Me and my friends are suuuper excited to play this, my computer wont transfer over the files though. After I paste the wii files into the sd card it waits a second then tells me that (filenamehere) has properties that cannot be transferred to the new location.Is it my comp or sd card?
You know that's ironic because today as I was editing them I got the same message. After some tweaks I got it to go away though. By the way if you recently downloaded the files it is incomplete. I had to run to do an exam and didn't get to upload the files all the way (or maybe they are?) I am really not sure. I'll make sure to upload it fully when I get home. In the meantime try reformatting your card and recopying. I'm glad your excited!

AnguzBeef

Smash Rookie
Ok this is gunna be a major nub question but how do i format my sd card? And thankyou so much for getting back to me so quickly. Me and my friends are waiting attentively!

Edit: figured out the reformatting :p

Still same error though

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Looks like the OP is updated! Thanks for all the help. Hopefully get to play it soon!
Yah I'm really happy with some of the new stages and costumes that I placed on some characters. Its all from hacks like Smash 3 and PMCE so you know the quality is amazing! I'll start uploading soon, so hopefully my internet keeps pace.

AnguzBeef

Smash Rookie
Had to go home and sleep, was getting late. I'm getting the samme error code, the "not all these properties etc etc etc. " Do you think it might be my sd card? Ive succesfully put just project m on it. its all reformatted. Don't known what to try.

EDIT: Ok its successfully copying and pasting now.
Just to note what made it work so you know:
When I used the "add to my dropbox" option on dropbox the transfer never worked.
I finally tried the zip download and unzipped and transferred and its working now.
Got it working!! Just so everyone knows you need to download the zip version to put the files on a sd card!!

Thanks so much patt!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Had to go home and sleep, was getting late. I'm getting the samme error code, the "not all these properties etc etc etc. " Do you think it might be my sd card? Ive succesfully put just project m on it. its all reformatted. Don't known what to try.

EDIT: Ok its successfully copying and pasting now.
Just to note what made it work so you know:
When I used the "add to my dropbox" option on dropbox the transfer never worked.
I finally tried the zip download and unzipped and transferred and its working now.
Got it working!! Just so everyone knows you need to download the zip version to put the files on a sd card!!

Thanks so much patt!
I want to here about your experience! Things you like/dislike. Since I'm making so many changes for 3.0 I'm already changing stuff anyways. And yes, I didn't realize that you were trying to add to your drop box! I would have never done it that way. Thanks for solving a potential problem for some users!

AnguzBeef

Smash Rookie
Really enjoyed the textures! I think some of the vanilla character pictures on the select screen are ridiculous, like puff and mario, but why not? haha
We had a blast playing it! Don't know what more to say! I have now become a lucas main just because the kid goku texture is godlike.

My friends were complaining that Lucario should definitely have an akuma skin, or atleast some sf skin.
Also one of ROB's textures is corrupted. Shows up as purple pixels. Dont know about that.

Also my own personal request is for lucas' spongebob texture and the bowser's castle stage where you battle on one of the pillar heads and theres lava surrounding.

Other than that we really enjoy this pack! Thanks for all the hard work so we can smash with our fav chars!

darkblazeknight

Smash Rookie
Hey Pat, i tried the 2.6 version of the mod and thought it was great, but would u be able to do a separate file with only the extra stages for Project M 3.0 (Pretty Please With A Cherry On Top) I've downloaded music, skins for the characters, and skins for the stages as well, For Project M 3.0. Please Release The 3.0 version whenever u can, I would love it if u were to upload a version with the added stages only, sort of like a "Stage Expansion Pack". I'm pretty sure a lot of people would. PS: Thanks for the great work man! :D, keep it up.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey Pat, i tried the 2.6 version of the mod and thought it was great, but would u be able to do a separate file with only the extra stages for Project M 3.0 (Pretty Please With A Cherry On Top) I've downloaded music, skins for the characters, and skins for the stages as well, For Project M 3.0. Please Release The 3.0 version whenever u can, I would love it if u were to upload a version with the added stages only, sort of like a "Stage Expansion Pack". I'm pretty sure a lot of people would. PS: Thanks for the great work man! :D, keep it up.
Hey! Sure thats a total possibility. I really made this project public for one reason only: To help others build their own packs so Im glad that you're doing so!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20291.0

^This is where I usually get my Stage Expansion pack from. All you do is replace the stage, sound, module, and .gct (he has more detailed instructions on there) and your good. If you're trying to add this pack over your existing one, take the selmap folder out of the common 5 in the CEP and merge it with your existing pack.

He hasn't updated to 3.0 but when he does I'll be adding it to mine also so we are in the same boat in regards to timing.

Did I answer your question?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Really enjoyed the textures! I think some of the vanilla character pictures on the select screen are ridiculous, like puff and mario, but why not? haha
We had a blast playing it! Don't know what more to say! I have now become a lucas main just because the kid goku texture is godlike.

My friends were complaining that Lucario should definitely have an akuma skin, or atleast some sf skin.
Also one of ROB's textures is corrupted. Shows up as purple pixels. Dont know about that.

Also my own personal request is for lucas' spongebob texture and the bowser's castle stage where you battle on one of the pillar heads and theres lava surrounding.

Other than that we really enjoy this pack! Thanks for all the hard work so we can smash with our fav chars!
Haha he isn't corrupted he's supposed to be that way! He's missingno! Also since characters often have to conform to the bones and general shape of characters when being skinned having fighting characters over lucario isn't all that feasible. If one shows up Ill grab it! Also changed mario and puff's character icons for my big update so look forward to that.

Thanks for the review!

darkblazeknight

Smash Rookie
Hey! Sure thats a total possibility. I really made this project public for one reason only: To help others build their own packs so Im glad that you're doing so!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20291.0

^This is where I usually get my Stage Expansion pack from. All you do is replace the stage, sound, module, and .gct (he has more detailed instructions on there) and your good. If you're trying to add this pack over your existing one, take the selmap folder out of the common 5 in the CEP and merge it with your existing pack.

He hasn't updated to 3.0 but when he does I'll be adding it to mine also so we are in the same boat in regards to timing.

Did I answer your question?
Wooow, thanks for replying so fast man. And yeah u did, all i asked was if u could do a "Stage Expansion Pack Only" xD
Thnks for the extra info though really apreciate it. Also i know i probably shouldn't ask but when do u think the 3.0 version will be released, I cant wait to play on the extra stages.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Wooow, thanks for replying so fast man. And yeah u did, all i asked was if u could do a "Stage Expansion Pack Only" xD
Thnks for the extra info though really apreciate it. Also i know i probably shouldn't ask but when do u think the 3.0 version will be released, I cant wait to play on the extra stages.
I'm testing a version right now. It'll probably be up within the hour. Its really easy for me to do since I had all the kinks out allready. Im testing it now. I'll try to update it periodically as well alongside my main pack because this is still a rough stage expansion and not the official one in the link I sent you. But for now it works! I'll let you know when its ready.

Hey Pat is it possible to just have the stages for 3.0?
Yes, I'm creating it as I type. I'll let you know. I hope you try out my full textured version when its done though :p

darkblazeknight

Smash Rookie
I'm testing a version right now. It'll probably be up within the hour. Its really easy for me to do since I had all the kinks out allready. Im testing it now. I'll try to update it periodically as well alongside my main pack because this is still a rough stage expansion and not the official one in the link I sent you. But for now it works! I'll let you know when its ready.

Yes, I'm creating it as I type. I'll let you know. I hope you try out my full textured version when its done though :p
Thank You So Much!!! I am so excited!!! :D

Phyrro

Smash Rookie
So, is the 3.0 Version of this up already?
And I might have overlooked this; But do you install this over an Existing ProjectM Installation, or just on a SD without any Existing Brawl mods?

darkblazeknight

Smash Rookie
And I might have overlooked this; But do you install this over an Existing ProjectM Installation, or just on a SD without any Existing Brawl mods?
I think u just have to install it over an existing P:M

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey guys! So I went out and apparently the internet cut out so what Im doing is I'm downloading the Stage Expansion pack that I uploaded and am double checking it. Please note THIS IS A FULL WORKING PROJECT M 3.0 VERSION! Erase everything on your card before adding anything of mine to it. Once I verify that it is working I will post the proper link on the OP please look for that!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
hey is it working because i tried it and nothing happened :/

Maybe im doing it wrong...

Thanks Also will this have the alternate costumes from 3.0?

The non skinned, regular project m 3.0 with stage expansion is up. Find the download link in the OP and please read the OP before asking any questions thank you!

210stuna

Smash Lord
I am downloading the Stage Expansion.

Thank you

EDIT: Nevermind it's on Dropbox, and I can't get it to download the bigger files with all the other folders inside them. It might be me bootleg internet connection, but is there any way you could upload it to Mediafire or something?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Dropbox always seems to work for me. Try this. Click the link that says complete editions on the OP. It'll bring you to the main folder in Dropbox. The right click and download the entire folder. Tell me if that works.

darkblazeknight

Smash Rookie
Hey i got it to work and its great Thank you so much!!! however the "Bowser's Castle" stage doesnt work, the game will just freeze xD, but other than tht the stage pack is amazing!!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey i got it to work and its great Thank you so much!!! however the "Bowser's Castle" stage doesnt work, the game will just freeze xD, but other than tht the stage pack is amazing!!

Open your SD card. Navigate to F:\projectm\pf\module and delete st_kart if its there. I thought it wasnt but thats what causes the freeze.

EDIT: Thanks for the catch! I deleted that file from Dropbox so no one else has this issue.

darkblazeknight

Smash Rookie
Open your SD card. Navigate to F:\projectm\pf\module and delete st_kart if its there. I thought it wasnt but thats what causes the freeze.

EDIT: Thanks for the catch! I deleted that file from Dropbox so no one else has this issue.
Alright great, one more thing... do u know if i can get back halberd and delfino plaza to their original state, aka for them to move again. Sorry for the bother but i really like those stages the way they were.

Top Bottom