• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
Anyone up for games?
You around? I'll play if you are online right now?

1v1 or teams anyone?
Just want to reply on the thread you posted in the General Discussion, there should be a Skype group to find matches. You can ask Mattchu/JoshisOn or anyone who is in the group.

There is a Discord group on PM reddit. It should be on the sidebar (right) of the webpage. There will be different topics related to PM discord (look at your left of the HUD). Find the topic "netplay/wifi," click on it and hopefully someone will respond. The activity is a hit or miss.

Other than that, people will prefer netplay if they have the right settings for their PC to play friendlies, laddering, and better experience.

PM right now is kind of the low at this time since the PMDev been disband.

Last edited:

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
We can if you want
Yeah, if that's cool. I added your FC. Thought I remember that avatar. Is it from that anime Case Closed?

Edit: Daigh you there? You have a new FC?

Edit2: I'm playing 9kplus at the moment. You be around Diagh. My bad

Last edited:

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
We can rotate if you want.
You have Diagh's FC plus? Im not sure if Diagh wants to do rotations?

Edit: We taking a break? We d/c? The screen went "You lost connection" when fox's intro begin?

Last edited:

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
I crashed, ggs
Alright, ggs. Was it crashing in your side twice when we did rotations with Mattchu? I got wreck and learn a lot of matchups. Apologize for playing bowser most of the matches. Glad I got a chance to play you.

I'll lab here and there if I have time to practice. Again thanks for the games.

Edit: Anyone not able to connect to wifi just now? :/

Last edited:

Jwave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jackie1011
Last edited:

MachuAchoo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Morgoth422416
Anyone 1v1 or teams?
Sure. But give me like ten minutes and i will be on. Edit: Some rounds I will use my usual wiiremote and nunchuck and then switch to my hori pad controller. I have a wii u so i could not the original gamecube controller. I just got my classic controller shaped and designed like a gamecube controller. It works with smash four and wii games
Note that I kinda suck at using the hori fight pad. .

Last edited:

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
Sure. But give me like ten minutes and i will be on. Edit: Some rounds I will use my usual wiiremote and nunchuck and then switch to my hori pad controller. I have a wii u so i could not the original gamecube controller. I just got my classic controller shaped and designed like a gamecube controller. It works with smash four and wii games
Note that I kinda suck at using the hori fight pad. .
I'm online. Just waiting :/

GGs Machu. Is there a way to use the Wii U adapter to use the GC controller for the Wii U. Just curious if that works. Didn't know you can use the Wii U to play PM.

Edit: Anyone 1v1 or teams?

Last edited:

MachuAchoo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Morgoth422416
I'm online. Just waiting :/

GGs Machu. Is there a way to use the Wii U adapter to use the GC controller for the Wii U. Just curious if that works. Didn't know you can use the Wii U to play PM.

Edit: Anyone 1v1 or teams?
You can play PM on Wii U, but if you leave the SD card in Wii U mode then it will delete all the files of the SD card. There is a "Wii Mode" in Wii U. It has backwards compatibility. If you attach the Wii U Gamecube adapter to the Wii U, then I can ue the original Gamecube Controller. But it only works for Smash Four. I do not know if it is compatible with the "Wii Mode".

I use the Hori Fight Pad which you can get at our local GameStop or Walmart. It is a classic controller designed like a gamecube controller. Except the L and R buttons are kind of weird. You attath the Hori Fight Pad to the Wii Remote. It works for the Wii U AND Wii.

By the way, you are pretty good with Falco.

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
You can play PM on Wii U, but if you leave the SD card in Wii U mode then it will delete all the files of the SD card. There is a "Wii Mode" in Wii U. It has backwards compatibility. If you attach the Wii U Gamecube adapter to the Wii U, then I can ue the original Gamecube Controller. But it only works for Smash Four. I do not know if it is compatible with the "Wii Mode".

I use the Hori Fight Pad which you can get at our local GameStop or Walmart. It is a classic controller designed like a gamecube controller. Except the L and R buttons are kind of weird. You attath the Hori Fight Pad to the Wii Remote. It works for the Wii U AND Wii.

By the way, you are pretty good with Falco.
Interesting...I think, if you have dolphin to play PM, you can you use the Wii u adapter or the mayflash one, if I heard correctly?

Yeah those Hori Fight pads are kind of mix reviews? Like the designs.

My falco is rank booty tier compare to "the best of the best" of smash player like PPMD, Axe, Westballz, Mattchu, 9kplus, and you get the gist. I like the playstyle of falco and wolf the most with space animals. But I need to "Git Gud" as others would mention :p

I appreciated. You know how to use falco and if you like the character go for it. I think the PMDev team did an awesome job with PM. Like the little details and overall teamwork that went with it.

But yeah, there are lot of good smash players playing Wi-Fi. I would try netplay if you get the chance to see other styles using your character you like most.

Going to take a break. GGs to you and JoshisOn. Your Mario is tough to beat.

Last edited:

MachuAchoo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Morgoth422416
Interesting...I think, if you have dolphin to play PM, you can you use the Wii u adapter or the mayflash one, if I heard correctly?

Yeah those Hori Fight pads are kind of mix reviews? Like the designs.

My falco is rank booty tier compare to "the best of the best" of smash player like PPMD, Axe, Westballz, Mattchu, 9kplus, and you get the gist. I like the playstyle of falco and wolf the most with space animals. But I need to "Git Gud" as others would mention :p

I appreciated. You know how to use falco and if you like the character go for it. I think the PMDev team did an awesome job with PM. Like the little details and overall teamwork that went with it.

But yeah, there are lot of good smash players playing Wi-Fi. I would try netplay if you get the chance to see other styles using your character you like most.

Going to take a break. GGs to you and JoshisOn. Your Mario is tough to beat.
Yeah. But you are A LOT better than me. I am thinking of maining Wolf caus he is alot more easier to play with.

Goob121

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goob121
Hey so 2 things

1. If you have PM 3.6 hackless on the sd card you just have to add the hackless gecko wifi files to the sd card in order to play on the wifi right?

2. Looking for someone to train with or just battle. (I don't know when yet, but when I get pm's wifi working

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
Hey so 2 things

1. If you have PM 3.6 hackless on the sd card you just have to add the hackless gecko wifi files to the sd card in order to play on the wifi right?

2. Looking for someone to train with or just battle. (I don't know when yet, but when I get pm's wifi working
Hello,

1. Download the PM build located in the General Discussion "All official..." topic (mirror web). There are two versions (hackless/homebrew). For your situation, you just need a SD card (FAT32) formatted with nothing but the hackless files of the PM build of your choosing and of course a copy of Smash Brawl.

http://i.imgur.com/qXYCP7x.png

The website no longer updates from the launcher which the current version I believe is 1.12.

You have to manually replace the files to the proper folders in the root SD card to addon "Wi-Fi - safe".
Once you download and extract the files the PM build (3.6):

-Go to "projectm" folder > "launcher" folder > "addons" folder > wifi.7z file
-Unzip wifi.7z
-There will be 5 files in the wifi.7z folder
-Grab RSBE01.gct file and move to root SD "codes" folder.
-Overwrite the file by clicking or dragging to the original file.
-Grab mu_menumain.pac, sc_selcharacter.pac, sc_selcharacter2.pac files and move to "projectm" folder > "pf" folder > "menu2" folder
-Overwrite the old files by replacing them.

More info: http://smashboards.com/threads/guid...ccasional-server-issues-are-temporary.355374/

2. Let me know if this process works. I myself have the hackless version of 3.6. If you have trouble, you can go to the "Help and Support" area to get your question answered.

Last edited:

Goob121

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goob121
Hello,

1. Download the PM build located in the General Discussion "All official..." topic (mirror web). There are two versions (hackless/homebrew). For your situation, you just need a SD card (FAT32) formatted with nothing but the hackless files of the PM build of your choosing and of course a copy of Smash Brawl.

http://i.imgur.com/qXYCP7x.png

The website no longer updates from the launcher which the current version I believe is 1.12.

You have to manually replace the files to the proper folders in the root SD card to addon "Wi-Fi - safe".
Once you download and extract the files the PM build (3.6):

-Go to "projectm" folder > "launcher" folder > "addons" folder > wifi.7z file
-Unzip wifi.7z
-There will be 5 files in the wifi.7z folder
-Grab RSBE01.gct file and move to root SD "codes" folder.
-Overwrite the file by clicking or dragging to the original file.
-Grab mu_menumain.pac, sc_selcharacter.pac, sc_selcharacter2.pac files and move to "projectm" folder > "pf" folder > "menu2" folder
-Overwrite the old files by replacing them.

More info: http://smashboards.com/threads/guid...ccasional-server-issues-are-temporary.355374/

2. Let me know if this process works. I myself have the hackless version of 3.6. If you have trouble, you can go to the "Help and Support" area to get your question answered.

Alright, thanks. I'm working on it right now.

Guel

Smash Journeyman
guys quick question must i download the stage fix to be able to play online?
No. it just allows you to play ps2 norfair and yoshis story aside from the only 5 that work.
(dreamland final battlefield smashville Fountain)
Of course the person you play has to have it aswell.

When I stop being lazy ill make an attempt to try to fix all the stages.(I didnt make the current one)

Anyone play? 23020-5969-8730

Last edited:
Top Bottom