• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
Hey everyone. Have missed playing with you, and trying to become better. Been playing a lot of For Glory on Smash 3DS lately, but am missing my PM. Finally am at a new place with an internet connection, so I'll be playing again. Going to try to get it hooked up here tonight and play some matches! :) Look forward to battling you!

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
if you want to play me in just a min I'm signing on. my code in the post above should be the same
edit: added you!

Last edited:

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
Thanks for the games! :) I'm going to take a little break. That was a great welcome back smack in the face though lol :)

Rags

Smash Ace
More reason to dislike Smash 4, bad habits and DI. And on pretty much all my bad matchups too. Minus Ike, I just don't know how to handle him.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
A ness... this will be good exp for me...

Hosting, BTW
Great games dude. Your Bowser is really good, I had trouble staying in half the time with your excellent use of his armor. Almost rendered my Ness's d-tilt null. I love to pressure with it in CQC, but you seemed to armor through it about every time you weren't just shielding them all. Those were fun matches, but I have to get going for now. I could play again soon if you want to continue. Otherwise, thanks for playing with me!

Rags

Smash Ace
Great games dude. Your Bowser is really good, I had trouble staying in half the time with your excellent use of his armor. Almost rendered my Ness's d-tilt null. I love to pressure with it in CQC, but you seemed to armor through it about every time you weren't just shielding them all. Those were fun matches, but I have to get going for now. I could play again soon if you want to continue. Otherwise, thanks for playing with me!
I like how you try and make it out like I'm any good LOL. I felt like I was being messed witht he entire time. I really need to adjust to the matchups, since you really started pulling ahead, and I had a hard time figuring out what to do and fighting my bad habits from the new smash.

I felt like I had to armor it since I couldn't shield, my OoS game has been destroyed by smash 4, and I feel like I'd do better, though your baits are top-tier. Every once in a while I had to slow it down and make you come in otherwise I'd get worked.

ParadOxymoron

Smash Cadet
GGs @ofna01 yesterday! Sorry for DC'ing at the end.

I usually just play against the computer, and against the computer my main is definitely Mewtwo (because the computer is so easy to spike). But playing against a live player is completely different, and I seem to be best against real people with Lucario. Time will tell.

Anyone up for some games?

0993 - 8429 - 5122

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Anyone up for some games?

0993 - 8429 - 5122
I'll play! 0949-5879-5571
I like how you try and make it out like I'm any good LOL. I felt like I was being messed witht he entire time. I really need to adjust to the matchups, since you really started pulling ahead, and I had a hard time figuring out what to do and fighting my bad habits from the new smash.

I felt like I had to armor it since I couldn't shield, my OoS game has been destroyed by smash 4, and I feel like I'd do better, though your baits are top-tier. Every once in a while I had to slow it down and make you come in otherwise I'd get worked.
Well, I honestly don't know much about Bowser since I haven't played very many of them. I believe you're probably the third or fourth Bowser (and second Bowser main) I've ever fought in P:M. You could take it that my standards for him are just low, but I try to be somewhat uplifting. Apologies if I came across as disrespectful.

Thanks for the compliment though. I've learned to be more careful with my Ness approaches since f-air usually just gets crouch cancelled to hell if I'm not cautious with it, especially against Bowser. I had fun playing with you nonetheless, I've seen you around for a while and have long waited to play you some. I'll be gettng Smash for Wii U when it's released, so hopefully I'll see you in that as well.

Last edited:

ParadOxymoron

Smash Cadet
Thanks so much for the games, Zatch! You're amazing.

Any tips on how I could get better?

And is there an etiquette to ending the matches, or do you just drop out when you've had enough?

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Thanks so much for the games, Zatch! You're amazing.

Any tips on how I could get better?
Good games! And thanks! For starters, I'd recommend giving your approach a bit more... variety. F-tilt and dash attack are okay if you know where to fit them in, but I didn't see you use much of anything else during approaches; not even aerial approaches or baits. You kinda just walked into me with tilts, dash attack, and grabs. I didn't have to approach most of the time (the only exception being in match-ups where I could be out-camped by default since I had no projectiles), I just wanted to close the gap a lot of the time and your reactions were very consistent. Add some wavedashing and dash dances at the very least if you're looking to stay grounded during your approach. Some aerials wouldn't hurt, but I've learned that a strong, attentive ground game can be potent. It's how I prefer to play characters like DK.

Last edited:

Mr. Cuddles

Smash Apprentice
GGs. Man you were good with a huge chunk of characters, esspecailly Diddy Kong. Good grief no woner why M2K called him one of the 6 gods in Project M. Bananas. Bananas everywhere....

Glad you're also quite a decent Bowser. There's rare people who even use him.
I know right?! bowser is so good and so overlooked as character. thank you for the complimens! your bowser was far superior than my other characters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom