• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Faust the Lich

Smash Cadet
Is there anybody that lives near/in Toronto - Canada that can play with me? My internet isn't the greatest and I want to see if I will still lag when facing anyone that lives nearby

Faust the Lich

Smash Cadet
Ill play, 0860--3128-5351. I might lag and if I do ill just leave. Im new to netplay and I need to check out my ping.

EDIT: play withhimemiya first. Im having troubles connecting

Last edited:

Faust the Lich

Smash Cadet
0860--3128-5351 add me. Im probably going to lag and ill leave if I do. Im new to netplay so I need to check my ping

EDIT: whats average playable ping anyways and is there a way to check?

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
0860--3128-5351 add me. Im probably going to lag and ill leave if I do. Im new to netplay so I need to check my ping

I wish I could help you on that one. However, I use my wii to play. There will always be some delay when playing on wifi but I think people who use netplay/computers generally have better latency than those who use a wii.

My fc is 3182-9684-8331.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
what state/province do you live in? If its close to toronto, can we play a practice game?
I live in New Jersey, USA. However I have fought with people who are from Brazil or Germany without a problem.

Connection quality is not always related to where a person is, even though it is a big part of it. There are other factors like routers, firewalls, and even weather.

Edit: I'm hosting a game. Join when ready.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
@ Faust the Lich Faust the Lich
I think our connection looked pretty solid, based on the way your Yoshi was moving. I was busy replying to another thread, that is why I did not start playing until 30 seconds into the match.

Faust the Lich

Smash Cadet
The connection is fine, I just have a delay on every action until I see it happen on screen. Which is why my dashdancing locked fine, eventhough on my screeen it was a few hundred milliseconds late

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The connection is fine, I just have a delay on every action until I see it happen on screen. Which is why my dashdancing locked fine, eventhough on my screeen it was a few hundred milliseconds late
Oh I see, it seems that your hardware or your screen is at fault. I know how it is when your screen doesn't match what is actually going on... HDTV and no game mode.

Maybe you should try upping the frame rate on your computer. Or maybe try hooking your computer up to a monitor?

Last edited:

Faust the Lich

Smash Cadet
I play Wii -> monitor. I get the same problem sometimes when I play league. Is this problem actually clientiside? I think its just input lag and I might need to change some settings. Im fine with offline play. Can changing firewall settings fix this?

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I play Wii -> monitor. I get the same problem sometimes when I play league. Is this problem actually clientiside? I think its just input lag and I might need to change some settings. Im fine with offline play Can changing firewall settings fix this?
Try everything to streamline your connection. So that means no firewalls, put exceptions where they need to be, and try port forwarding. If that does not work, try looking at your actual hardware. It could also just be input lag, like you were saying. Wifi does have a distinct delay in comparison to offline play.

After you get done streamlining your connection, I think you should hop back on. We can use the very flat surface of final destination to see if it is frame delay or input delay. Also is your monitor one of those 1080p TVs/Computer Monitors? Having anything that would modify and improve image quality would also explain frame delay. Not having a game mode would also explain frame delay.

Last edited:

Faust the Lich

Smash Cadet
Try everything to streamline your connection. So that means no firewalls, put exceptions where they need to be, and try port forwarding. If that does not work, try looking at your actual hardware. It could also just be input lag, like you were saying. Wifi does have a distinct delay in comparison to offline play.

After you get done streamlining your connection, I think you should hop back on. We can use the very flat surface of final destination to see if it is frame delay or input delay. Also is your monitor one of those 1080p TVs/Computer Monitors? Having anything that would modify and improve image quality would also explain frame delay. Not having a game mode would also explain frame delay.
Fully honest I have no idea how to port forward. can you link me a tutorial because im afraid I might end up doing the wrong thing

EDIT: its a pretty big monitor so it might be 1080p+, but close up the pixels are a bit blurry. still, might be a cause

EDIT 2: When I dod a connection test, it says theres a system update available. When I accept, it warns me that any unauthorized mods might mess up the system update. Should I do it anyways?

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
GGs @ Zatchiel Zatchiel
2fast4me

Fully honest I have no idea how to port forward. can you link me a tutorial because im afraid I might end up doing the wrong thing

EDIT: its a pretty big monitor so it might be 1080p+, but close up the pixels are a bit blurry. still, might be a cause

EDIT 2: When I dod a connection test, it says theres a system update available. When I accept, it warns me that any unauthorized mods might mess up the system update. Should I do it anyways?
Assuming you do not have homebrew, yes. Just Google how to port forward. There are also some programs that do it for you if you give it the right information.

As for your monitor, see what settings it has so you can see if you can change how it works.

Last edited:

Dracule

Smash Cadet
NNID
BryanZamora

Please add me. FC: 0177-7991-0840 Name: BZ. Also join my Facebook group: Project M Wi Fi Battle Community.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
You couldn't pick a stage thats not fd or ps2?
i have it on random, FD, PS2, BF, YS, YI, GHZ, SV,

besides its also random on who chooses stage...you get to choose your stages i get to choose mine. what's the problem?

Dracule

Smash Cadet
NNID
BryanZamora

besides its also random on who chooses stage...you get to choose your stages i get to choose mine. what's the problem?
Hey could you add me? I like to play online a lot. FC: 0177-7991-0840 Name: BZ

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

NO FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS? YOU CLEARLY LACK TASTE IN ALL THAT IS WONDERFUL AND RAINBOW COLORED!

BUT THAT IS OK. Because this is a violent but happy and tolerant place.

Speaking of violence would anyone like to fight?

Top Bottom