• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Good games @ FoxBlaze71 FoxBlaze71

Hopefully after the Pit vs Ike match we had and you were at 150 hiding in your shield and I ran back and forth in your face, you understand why Dash Dancing is not mindless mashing.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Heh. GG, lol. Those were some of the more entertaining games I've had in a while.

I wasn't quite as concerned about the DDing as I was trying to figure out what the **** I was doing, lol. I was playing again Pit on a big, campy stage, being unable to QD anything to approach, and essentially going into the fetal position with my controller. I don't even remember whether you dash danced or not, because it was just too traumatizing. :(

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Heh. GG, lol. Those were some of the more entertaining games I've had in a while.

I wasn't quite as concerned about the DDing as I was trying to figure out what the **** I was doing, lol. I was playing again Pit on a big, campy stage, being unable to QD anything to approach, and essentially going into the fetal position with my controller. I don't even remember whether you dash danced or not, because it was just too traumatizing. :(
A tip for you. Find a main and practice general spacing. And not just hitting with the tip of your hitboxes, but learn when you can DD and then fly in with X aerial. For example it may seem like Sheik outspaces Fox, but in reality Fox has a much bigger attack range because he can just fly in with SHFFL nair from a dash at any given moment.

Also if you can scare them, by all mean scare them. Its free style points and its free kill moves.

Anyone? 0046 7696 3854

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Alright, thanks for the advice. I can definitely feel how scaring people worked in your style, lol.

Paekoh

Smash Ace
Ggs xdandan that was some good peach practice. I'm going to take a break for a while I've been playing for three hours

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Hold on a bit. I keep pressing the wrong buttons and accidentally exited to the Wii menu, lol.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
GG @ Lil Puddin Lil Puddin . I've gotten better with my QD mixups, but overall I still have a lot of improvement to make. I once heard commentators say of Juushichi's GnW that, "He just needs to make fewer mistakes" and I think that really applies to me, lol. A lot of my deaths were to dumb SDs, though getting around solid defense is still one of my main issues. I've gone from trying to out-defend with an aggro character to running straight into the dragon's maw, which doesn't work well, to say the least.

I've probably prattled a lot more than usual here, but since not many people play pure defense characters like you, I always find it to be a useful way to gauge my progress, haha.

Mr. Cuddles

Smash Apprentice
I can play since me cuddl isnt responding FC 4773-4139-6722
I'm hosting
sorry about that . my parents seem to bother me as soon as i begin to host a room. im pretty embarrased because this happened a couple of times so ill check in a little later.

Last edited:

Luk

Smash Journeyman
I can play since me cuddl isnt responding FC 4773-4139-6722
I'm hosting
Thanks. Good games. I've been playing CPUs lately and the lag was surprisingly hard to cope with. Heh, probably also at least partially your skill though :-p.

Paekoh

Smash Ace
Thanks. Good games. I've been playing CPUs lately and the lag was surprisingly hard to cope with. Heh, probably also at least partially your skill though :-p.
Yeah I play CPUs as well so I won't get to use wifi too or swap to melee since pm uses shortcuts like run and up smash instead of run crouch up smash in melee

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
GG @ Lil Puddin Lil Puddin . I've gotten better with my QD mixups, but overall I still have a lot of improvement to make. I once heard commentators say of Juushichi's GnW that, "He just needs to make fewer mistakes" and I think that really applies to me, lol. A lot of my deaths were to dumb SDs, though getting around solid defense is still one of my main issues. I've gone from trying to out-defend with an aggro character to running straight into the dragon's maw, which doesn't work well, to say the least.

I've probably prattled a lot more than usual here, but since not many people play pure defense characters like you, I always find it to be a useful way to gauge my progress, haha.
I actually play a very aggressive Zelda. But I default into sheilding and keeping my target in front of me at all times so I can set up Din trips/traps. I usually rush and push, instead of waiting for approaches UNLESS the situation calls for it.

The problem is Zelda has many defense options and if the player is good at sweetspotting kicks... It's not pretty. Ike needs spacing and to prey on mistakes. If he makes a mistake he becomes lightning bait. Online makes mistakes linger too, so playing Ike leaves very little room for error. It's just a bad matchup online. :C

@ xJcLx xJcLx
GGs. You played a mean Marth, but when I saw your DI choices, it made your next tactic easier to spot. Which is good for me since I play both floaty/laggy princesses! Your Link was quite bothersome. I kept trying to roll close to throw you off the stage. Since that's the only way I could think of stopping Link's triple threat projectile barrage. He was impossible to read.

Last edited:

Rags

Smash Ace
Anyone up for a few matches before bed? Looking to train a sonic/diddy or possibly some bowser too. Though I won't play any good.

Top Bottom