• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
GG PD1, sorry for quitting so early, but the lag was making us both do a lot of dumb stuff. At least I noticed a flaw in my gameplay - I'm back to sitting in shield all the time and being too defensive, something I've struggled with and thought I got better in. I could also use more mixups with Quick Draw. GG though, your Wolf is pretty solid.
Its fine. When you quit, I had to to something which I was planning to do. It was actually convenient for me that you quit then. And yes, you do sit in shield quite a bit. Your ike could learn to pressure a whole lot better, though. The pivot grabs were fun to see and do though. We both kinda exhibitioned our prowess with that. Have you tried quick dash jump canceled pivot grab?

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
IDK, is that where you jump and dash cancel into a pivot grab? I remember using dash-canceled pivot grabs in Brawl to do flashy Falco CGs, but other than that can't think of anything. I'm not that knowledgeable in PM.

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
IDK, is that where you jump and dash cancel into a pivot grab? I remember using dash-canceled pivot grabs in Brawl to do flashy Falco CGs, but other than that can't think of anything. I'm not that knowledgeable in PM.
You know how you can jump cancel quick dash into up smash? You can also jump cancel grab from your quick dash. To jump cancel pivot grab out of your quick dash, just hold the control stick in the other direction and do a jump cancel grab.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Oh, I thought you meant universally. Yeah, I did a few normal JC grabs out of Quick Draw, but not pivots. Among other things, you can also wavedash, aerial, B-reverse, and do another Quick Draw. One interesting trick is doing a F-throw>Quick Draw>WD back and seeing how the opponent reacts, though I'd only recommend doing it at reasonable percents or you'll be close enough to get punished/Quick Draw past or into them instead.

Also looking for some games if anyone's around.

Edit: NVM, can't right this minute. Might be on again in a bit, though.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Anyone want to play for a while? I need to get my aggression back with Ike and get rid of this shield-squatting habit.

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
Hey look I just got to the thread as soon as you look for matches...agian! Lol. I'll play if ya want
GGs Nix, your Marth was awesome today. It's weird that my DK was the only one I could beat him with. I'm guessing you don't know the MU or something, or maybe I should start maining DK??

Last edited:

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
GGs Nix, your Marth was awesome today. It's weird that my DK was the only one I could beat him with. I'm guessing you don't know the MU or something, or maybe I should start maining DK??
I don't know, All them PM strats 2spooky4me. Yeah to be honest I don't really have much experience with DK at all lol. Captain Falcon and Marth I have down pat because of melee, but still trying to figure out project M. The only reason I know about Mario due to the fact that I've played him against you since like march with him, but you only recently seem to have started DK. Either that or I just missed something lol, them memory losses haha. Not to discredit what you did though, you still played amazingly, better than I did. Oh well, I say just give me time, it usually takes some time for me to adjust to new characters I have yet to face. However if you want to face him that's fine by me lol.

Also Good games to you too! Marth is coming along quite nicely to me, my goal one day is to be able to freely switch between him and falco (maybe fox, but he's new lol), and be able to do well in tournaments. So far so good

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
GG Lil, thanks for the matches. I think my big issues are not staying grounded and not always keeping up pressure like I should, but I'll have to keep at it. I don't know what's caused the regression. One thing - I ask that you don't suicide after me. I always fight better when I have to dig myself out of a hole than when my stocks are handed back to me.

Also, though I'm in no position to give advice, try not to float too much around Ike with Peach. It's essentially a free Nair, lol.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Sorry HMM, but our connection was balls. IDK why, as usually anyone in the States is OK, but I was just making wrong inputs left and right. GG, and sorry for wasting your time.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Sorry HMM, but our connection was balls. IDK why, as usually anyone in the States is OK, but I was just making wrong inputs left and right. GG, and sorry for wasting your time.
Nah, you didn't waste my time. It's nice to get some practice with Kirby. Sorry bout the connection though.

Anyone else?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
GG Lil, thanks for the matches. I think my big issues are not staying grounded and not always keeping up pressure like I should, but I'll have to keep at it. I don't know what's caused the regression. One thing - I ask that you don't suicide after me. I always fight better when I have to dig myself out of a hole than when my stocks are handed back to me.

Also, though I'm in no position to give advice, try not to float too much around Ike with Peach. It's essentially a free Nair, lol.
I try to play nice and I kill myself if it was a BS death for my opponent. I accidentally ledge hogged you once tho. :C

As for floaty Peach, I was baiting Nairs to attack you with a Peachy twerk aerial or butt bomb. I was also pressuring your defenses by tapping your shield. Not smart in this case, but effective.

Ike is pretty hard to master. You need to pick small maps and master all of what quickdraw has to offer which is very hard online. You were a bit predictable. You need more down DI and down tilt action to start combos. But you were pretty good.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Alright, thanks. Yeah, I know I was being predictable, probably a side effect of trying not to touch the shield button and go Rambo, lol. I'll work on my QD stuff and combos. Much appreciated.

Top Bottom