• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

ParadoxZ

Smash Apprentice
0001-2991-3914
Idk what happened. The server kicked us? But anyway man those games were awesome! A tad laggy but holy crap idk how your tech skill was so solid with like 50 fps. All of your characters are equally solid. Even though you were playing around and styling a bit i felt like i was playing well enough. Gg's. Would love to have another session some time

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Nah not really ...distant planet isnt illegal
The more low sitting platforms there are and the wider the map is, the more it favors Samus. Assuming she's using her zoning/defensive tactic instead of her fighting tactics. The same applies to Link, but Samus does it better. She can effectively camp under platforms which protects her from aerials.

But anyone with a good enough connection should be able to pressure Samus. Then again online+fast projectiles never mix well for the person fighting the one with projectiles. So um *shrug* :C

TLDR is he has a valid point, but it's not a problem anyway. Her spam doesn't lead into easy combos, it just happens to be very annoying to fight for some players. And that's OK.

Last edited:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Idk what happened. The server kicked us? But anyway man those games were awesome! A tad laggy but holy crap idk how your tech skill was so solid with like 50 fps. All of your characters are equally solid. Even though you were playing around and styling a bit i felt like i was playing well enough. Gg's. Would love to have another session some time
yeah thanks, idk how i was doing so well i haven't played online in months, you're literally the 2nd person i've played on wiimfii.

but yeah we should definitely play again sometime, you have a pretty good snake. some advice, don't throw out so many risky moves...i kept waiting you out and then punishing you hard for it

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
For singles yes it is. It's not a big deal just for the future. I'm not really sure on how the stage gets picked in general
For the most part distant planet is legal in singles. But I have been to a lot of tournaments and they all use their own stage lists. So depending on which tournament you go to it may or may not be legal.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
@ SuperMario1 SuperMario1

GGs. I forgot I can't use Zelda to recover against you. Your Luigi is so fast. I wish I could've played against your Mario, but maybe another time.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
if u deleted me i shouldn't be able to see u online...idk probably a wiimfii thing since i kept my old FC

anyways its 0001-2991-3914

Last edited:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
yea i play like 12 characters..
i can't make up my mind :/

your yoshi's amazing, that double spike was epic lol

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
yea i play like 12 characters..
i can't make up my mind :/

your yoshi's amazing, that double spike was epic lol
Stick to the least used ones so you can make mid or low tier chars look good. Aw yeeersh.

I suggest Peach because she is fancy but can still drop it like it's hot.

I haven't seen many Snake, Wario, ROB, Peach, Luigi, Bowser, Pikachu, Squirtle, or ZSS users. I haven't fought a single other Zelda user from this topic either; just a few Sheiks. It's mostly spacies or swordies that people aim for since they've got panic moves or tactics to fall back on that are actually very good with room for error. But they're not fueled by miracles, so you'll need some precision and dexterity since they are all fast paced.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Stick to the least used ones so you can make mid or low tier chars look good. Aw yeeersh.

I suggest Peach because she is fancy but can still drop it like it's hot.

I haven't seen many Snake, Wario, ROB, Peach, Luigi, Bowser, Pikachu, Squirtle, or ZSS users. I haven't fought a single other Zelda user from this topic either; just a few Sheiks. It's mostly spacies or swordies that people aim for since they've got panic moves or tactics to fall back on that are actually very good with room for error. But they're not fueled by miracles, so you'll need some precision and dexterity since they are all fast paced.
I don't think I've seen another Ike yet. His moves are too slow for panic mashing, but I guess a retreating Nair is a solid defensive option because of the way its hitbox covers him. But he's also really good in PM, so it's not like anyone who uses him is some kind of Smash hipster.

That said, not everyone is a complete tier ***** either. Plenty of people play Ganon in not-so-serious matches, not because he's good, but just because he's fun to screw around with.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I don't think I've seen another Ike yet. His moves are too slow for panic mashing, but I guess a retreating Nair is a solid defensive option because of the way its hitbox covers him. But he's also really good in PM, so it's not like anyone who uses him is some kind of Smash hipster.

That said, not everyone is a complete tier ***** either. Plenty of people play Ganon in not-so-serious matches, not because he's good, but just because he's fun to screw around with.
I meant to say the play tier or population tier, as in the least used characters who would be considered low tier on that kind of spectrum. They aren't all bad, but people prefer straight forward characters with mind game options that don't require special situations. The more timing and precision based a character is the less people want to use the character. Which is why Peach or Ike are on a lower tier, but Fox and Marth are on a hiiiiigher tier. Based on the amount of people using them anyway. There are other factors like room for error and attack fluidity too but that's a given.

I use mid or low population tier characters simply to avoid dreadful mirror matches. And matchup wise, people don't even know what to expect until it's too late and they get killed by a princess who has the power to twerk while floating in midair. And she can drop it like it's hot so hard that she can produce explosions at the crash site. She's just too hood for anyone to play as. I mean look at her getting her crunk tea parties on with her mushroom hoes and s***. Ain't nobody able to keep up with that.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I meant to say the play tier or population tier, as in the least used characters who would be considered low tier on that kind of spectrum. They aren't all bad, but people prefer straight forward characters with mind game options that don't require special situations. The more timing and precision based a character is the less people want to use the character. Which is why Peach or Ike are on a lower tier, but Fox and Marth are on a hiiiiigher tier. Based on the amount of people using them anyway. There are other factors like room for error and attack fluidity too but that's a given.

I use mid or low population tier characters simply to avoid dreadful mirror matches. And matchup wise, people don't even know what to expect until it's too late and they get killed by a princess who has the power to twerk while floating in midair. And she can drop it like it's hot so hard that she can produce explosions at the crash site. She's just too hood for anyone to play as. I mean look at her getting her crunk tea parties on with her mushroom hoes and s***. Ain't nobody able to keep up with that.
LOL at the second paragraph. Yeah, I'd say some of the high poplation characters can get by with a lot of really linear stuff, which is why you see so many, but it's not worth complaining about. More accurately, I can't complain about it. Ike is far above his Brawl incarnation, though not enough to break into top tier status.

Top Bottom