• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
Umm..HOW MANY MATCHES did we play!? I mean god, longest streak since the last person I fought a lot of matches with. Anyway, as the profile pic suggests, you have an amazing Donkey Kong (I used to use him as a secondary, but you clearly do 10x better with him than I ever did.) I also really did not expect you to play Mewtwo like that, along with all those Mewtwo matches we've been playing. I think your Mewtwo's just as good as mine, despite the fact that you can jump, teleport sideways, hover, then neutral-a unlike me. Absolutely hilarious how the first couple of matches I had with Game and Watch had hammers of 9's whever I lost or won. Was that like 4 nines I got on you? I'll never know.

Yeah I did remember someone was complimenting you on your Donkey Kong, boy was he not kidding. I just have to keep on talking about it! I dare you to beat NIX with that thing, and if you can, then you're god with him. Simple as that. It beat my Bowser some dozen times, throws my Game and Watch off the screen, and smashes my Mewtwo. All these matches just gave me a lot to soak in, so very nice games that were played, some of them really, REALLY, close, and may you forever be respected as a worthy adversary.

-HydreigonMuppetMaster
Is that a challenge? lol

snurf

Smash Rookie
Anyone wanna play me I might lag so I don't blame you for leaving
Fc :0263-6982-9849

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
k let me know
GG's. Sorry about Dream land. I came back and a stock was gone. I didn't realize at the time it was probably Wispy. Sorry for going to aggro + all the taunting... That's the first time I went Sheik against someone. Your Samus is good. I think you struggle doing some combos that will work with inexperienced players + button delay. Like the crawl attack to dash attack. Shielding too much as a safety maneuver will just get you grabbed. The combos and shields were getting predictable. Though you were changing it up a good bit towards the end there and had me guessing. Nice job. Fun matches.

Falco gets kinda bodied online lol. I tried to stay away form him this time but I did play as him a couple times.

wanting to play more PM? No one online... *bang

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Falco gets kinda bodied online lol. I tried to stay away form him this time but I did play as him a couple times.

wanting to play more PM? No one online... *bang
Yo Falco is legit online, dafuq? You can't powersheild his lasers and it makes punishing his landings and escaping his pressure harder.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Yo Falco is legit online, dafuq? You can't powersheild his lasers and it makes punishing his landings and escaping his pressure harder.
Falco is tougher to play as than most characters online. Any space animal is. Punishes for "lag" are pretty devastating as well.

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
My falco can multishine online
Multishine shouldn't be affected by input delay, it is the same inputs with the same each time. The delay mainly effects things requiring a visual queue, things that depend on reaction timing.

Falco is tougher to play as than most characters online. Any space animal is. Punishes for "lag" are pretty devastating as well.
I disagree once again. Fox and Falco have very small punish windows and over wifi the delay makes it so that you can't punish them on reaction and instead have to rely on a read. I think the input delay gives an advantage to characters with a lot of mobility or characters with a good projectile game. The faster characters can't be punished on reaction and projectiles are also much harder to deal with.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
My falco can multishine online
Ironically, lag helps my super wave-dash. sometimes

I disagree once again. Fox and Falco have very small punish windows and over wifi the delay makes it so that you can't punish them on reaction and instead have to rely on a read. I think the input delay gives an advantage to characters with a lot of mobility or characters with a good projectile game. The faster characters can't be punished on reaction and projectiles are also much harder to deal with.
I guess we'll agree to disagree then lol. Its not like it really matters much. Its just wi-fi anyways.

I agree with the projectile characters being good though. But more so characters like Samus and Link.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I kinda want to say this so **** your janky scrubby *** playstyle

...................../´¯¯/)
...................,/¯.../
.................../..../
.............../´¯/'..'/´¯¯`·¸
.........../'/.../..../....../¨¯\
..........('(....´...´... ¯~/'..')
...........\..............'...../
............\....\.........._.·´
.............\..............(
..............\..............\

now I feel better.
LOL but you only fought me in one session. Just because I don't wavedash or spam techs doesn't make me a scrub. If anything, my delay should make it easier to check my Zelda since I can't break out of grabs or hitstun consistently enough to matter. Among other awful things. At least I could land l-kicks so that's all I care about since they're so fun to land.

But I digress, there's no reason to be mad. It's a game meant for fun. :C

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
i played him my third day playing pm. he destroyed me. im about 3 or 4 weeks in now so i should be a little better

falco v dk has always been a terrible match for the king, though
Dang, you too? That's it! I want NIX to fight KManofSmash, pronto! But seriously, yeah. Feel my pain. NIX is hard.

Yoooo hmm want to play?
Oh, Paekoh! Just noticed you. Did you still want to play?

Last edited:
Top Bottom