• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
This is going to be a dumb question, but I barely ever played Brawl/Project M online, so I'm a bit confused about this. Why is the Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M needed to use Wi-Fi? Is this because of de-syncs? Also, if it is, can't de-syncs be fixed by both people have the full version?

EDIT: I just actually read the differences between Wi-Fi Safe and Full, and they seem to be a pretty minor drawback to be able to use Wi-Fi.

Last edited:

Dott

Smash Ace
This is going to be a dumb question, but I barely ever played Brawl/Project M online, so I'm a bit confused about this. Why is the Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M needed to use Wi-Fi? Is this because of de-syncs? Also, if it is, can't de-syncs be fixed by both people have the full version?

EDIT: I just actually read the differences between Wi-Fi Safe and Full, and they seem to be a pretty minor drawback to be able to use Wi-Fi.
I think it's maybe because the imputs for the jumps are different in a matter of sesitive buttons. That could be one.

And probably because brawl doesn't work with stageban, full set does.

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master

The wifi version has light press airdodge while the normal version has hard press airdodge. I believe if it didn't have light press airdodge it would desync because of something that has to do with brawl and the shoulder buttons. i dunno im just guessing

is wifi working yet?

ParadoxZ

Smash Apprentice
>finds out how to play online again
>servers down for next 2-4 weeks

Ugh...
I feel the same way bro. I just got mine set up to play on paw claw show and had only one really laggy set with lil pudding
Also im gonna go out in a limb here and say that you like kirby? I just got done with triple deluxe. Ive been a fan since i was like 8

Last edited:
Top Bottom