• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Your patience and punish game is top notch. Nice matches. Any tips?
Thanks. ggs yourself.

Grab more. When you were Sonic, you never really tried to grab me. You were just too fixated on doing spin stuff, which I know how to get around since I've played a lot of good Sonics online, including Darky. You also liked to roll after doing a spring ---> down air, so I would usually predict the roll every time I saw the dair and punish. Also, you liked to do this far, immediate dash back thingy every time after you did a hard commitment with some move or with some attack and it missed. That can easily be countered by overshooting my approach (meaning: running past your dash) after your wiffed move and catching you at your dash with some hitbox. So watch out for that and try to mix up your evasive maneuvers. Also, you never tried to gimp me with homing attack offstage.

Your M2 was looking a lot more solid, though. I liked how you were using a lot of shadow balls in neutral and I liked how you did the shadow ball into the fade back teleport hovered fair. I don't think shadow ball --> teleport fair is a true link and I usually punish M2s for overcommitting with it, but you made that move a bit more safer by fading back, which I really liked. I also liked you teleport hovered nairs. If I shield the nair, try to predict/react what I do OoS. It makes it easier for yourself if you do crossup teleport hovered nairs because I can't grab from behind me. Also, when you're against someone that knows how to deal with teleport, treat teleport as just a mix-up and not something you feel like you have to do all the time. Like 90% of M2s spam teleport and it's extremely obvious when M2 will teleport (usually high in the air when his double jump has been used) and its extremely punishable on its re-entry. All I have to do is stick out a hitbox when he re-enters from teleport and he'll get hit. Also, I think you SD'd a lot with M2. It could be wi-fi, but try to work on recovery more if it's more than just wi-fi. Your juggle and anti-air game could use a bit more work, though it looked pretty strong. Also, you should practice maximizing the damage you get from combos. I was mainly playing fast fallers and M2 can combo the mess out of fast fallers. Look at any m2k video where he plays M2 vs a fast faller and you'll see the destruction. Try to emulate his punish game and make it your own.

Alright, I think that's all I got lol. I hope it helped :3

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
@ Lil Puddin Lil Puddin GGs, not sure why it started to lag so much in those last few matches.
Yeah ggs. I always delay but it's usually only one sided delay. It wasn't too bad when I was fighting you on final destination or smashville. But on battlefield it was awful. :C

Anyway! I'm up for more fights! Anyone wanna go?

fc=3182-9684-8331

Paradoxium

Smash Master
someone play me or something

actually im gonna get some recording gear set up, so everyone who plays me is probably gonna end up on youtube. So you guys can review the matches and see where you went wrong.

Last edited:
Top Bottom