• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Yup. Onett, Frigate Orpheon, Big Blue, Halberd, etc. They'll all work. Stages like DL and BF only work because the collisions of the original stage match the alt.
So if two players pick the same alternate stage, will it work? I picked Bowser's Castle casual a while back, but I think K1dNova might've been on competitive... Different textures don't desync either, right? Only models and animations?
Oh.. I noticed my opponents would jump off the stage when I picked some alt stages. Just assumed they didn't like the stages...
Sorry I left so abruptly, Mum's having company over in an hour, but there are glasses and jars all over the kitchen. :/
Time to pick Big Blue for EVERY match.
I actually like casual stages like that, so if we start repeating stages, I might actually pick it... Heheh.

I also don't care if it's a singles, or doubles, so if I'm in the middle of a singles match and you're waiting for a match, please join! A three player free-for-all is always interesting. I'm a pretty casual player, though I appreciate the art in a good competitive match.

I talk too much.

Last edited:

K1dNova

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking.. Should we have a during-set chat room similar to Smashladder and ssf2 irc chat? It would be nice to have an easier means to chat about the match but I don't think this is the right place for it.

K1dNova

Smash Apprentice
Ggs. Kinda Salty about that ending. Your bowser is... Unpredictable in a way.

Overall that set was really fun though. (Especially the Falcon ditto) The best connection I've found so far.
Again, ggs.

Last edited:

Demonjoshua

Smash Rookie
Ggs. Kinda Salty about that ending. Your bowser is... Unpredictable in a way.

Overall that set was really fun though. The best connection I've found so far.
Gg, your roy is really good. Believe or not when I saw you pick him I thought "oh no".

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Woops, sorry about that, I'll join red...

That explosion was so intense, it broke the internet!
I've never known what Project M is until the day I started playing online... It's so stinkin' fun!

Last edited:

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
The only stages you wanna choose are BF, FD, SV, DL & FoD
& change it to teams me & rob are blue

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Want to team?
The only stages you wanna choose are Battlefied, Final Destination, Smashville, Dreamland & FoD
& change it to teams me & rob are blue
Woops... I'll go ahead and fix that. I got red!

I'm not very quick with abbreviations, I'll need to look 'em up, heheh... I heard that Fountain of Dreams sometimes desyncs with more than two players.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Mind if friendly fire gets turned off?
Yeah, I would like that too... I had a few too many accidents.
Dagnabbit! The moment it counts down, I accidentally hit random, and it chooses a stage that doesn't work... I'm going to go through the random selection stages and turn off any broken ones. I'll just join someone else's so I don't mess up anymore, sorry guys... The timer is always faster than I am.

Last edited:

Wolvenelf

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wolvenelf
Any stages that have alts is another good way to remember what should NOT be picked, just FYI.

Wolvenelf

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wolvenelf
Yeah, I would like that too... I had a few too many accidents.
Dagnabbit! The moment it counts down, I accidentally hit random, and it chooses a stage that doesn't work... I'm going to go through the random selection stages and turn off any broken ones. I'll just join someone else's so I don't mess up anymore, sorry guys... The timer is always faster than I am.
Its fine. GGs, was fun fighting everyone else as well.

Last edited:
GG's @ waygu waygu Your Marth beat the hell out of my Roy. Lmao. The knowledge of your character showed a lot! I'm thinking about picking up Roy, Sheik, or Ganondorf as my 3rd Character! I'm not sure which one yet. On my Screen when you picked Yoshi's island melee, it showed your Fox Side-B off the map a lot. Lol that was weird.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
GG's @ waygu waygu Your Marth beat the hell out of my Roy. Lmao. The knowledge of your character showed a lot! I'm thinking about picking up Roy, Sheik, or Ganondorf as my 3rd Character! I'm not sure which one yet. On my Screen when you picked Yoshi's island melee, it showed your Fox Side-B off the map a lot. Lol that was weird.
I suggest Ganondorf, he's so fun! Roy's also really good, he has a lot of firey-repeaty attacks, and they're pretty fun to do too.

Though it seems his extra team colour won't show up online...

Last edited:
Top Bottom