• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
So anyone up for a few games? 2494-5190-0736

(Sorry for the triple post, lol)

EDIT Nevermind

Last edited:

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
Kk and I didn't mean let's go as in hurry up, I'm sos if it offended you
No, it's fine xD
Why would I get offended over that?

Edit: We appeared to desync. Are you using 3.6 Beta?

Edit 2: You there??? Really seemed like a desync there, damage meters were not showing on my screen.

Edit 3: ggs I guess, even though they were desynced...?

Last edited:

TimmyTimTim548

Smash Rookie
0048-9501-5518
JSYK, SK438 (guy that posted above) is my bro. We'll both be playing.

@X: You still here? SK&TT is me and my bro.

Edit: Mega J, our PM just crashed. We'll try again another time. GG M8.

Last edited:
No, it's fine xD
Why would I get offended over that?

Edit: We appeared to desync. Are you using 3.6 Beta?

Edit 2: You there??? Really seemed like a desync there, damage meters were not showing on my screen.

Edit 3: ggs I guess, even though they were desynced...?
Download http://projectmgame.com/downloads/launcher/launcher-1.11.7z
now all you have to do is copy the 7zip folder into the updates folder of your sdcard now do not extract it go to stage builder load it then go to update and you should be able to update the launcher once thats done you should see the addons press the wifi addon and your all set

Last edited:

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
3.5, my apologies. I was unaware 3.6 had online capabilities. Do you set it up the same way you would for any other version?
Yes, but it's a bit different. The .gct file that goes in the codes folder is like hidden in the 3.6 download somewhere. If you can find it, copy it and replace the .gct in the codes folder with the one you copied. If you can't find it, I'll try to help direct you to it.

RobbyKujo

Smash Rookie
Yes, but it's a bit different. The .gct file that goes in the codes folder is like hidden in the 3.6 download somewhere. If you can find it, copy it and replace the .gct in the codes folder with the one you copied. If you can't find it, I'll try to help direct you to it.
I found a guide on reddit, would you suggest "port forwarding" ? Do most people do that as well? Sorry, I'm a scrub with this kinda stuff lol

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
3.5, my apologies. I was unaware 3.6 had online capabilities. Do you set it up the same way you would for any other version?
In case this helps, here's how you get to it: Open the 3.6 download, go to projectm --> launcher --> addons --> wifi.7z. Once you open wifi.7z, the wi-fi .gct file should be in there. You may need a .rar reader program thingy to open wifi.7z though. Something like winrar or something.

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
I found a guide on reddit, would you suggest "port forwarding" ? Do most people do that as well? Sorry, I'm a scrub with this kinda stuff lol
lol it's ok, dude. And no, you don't need to port forward anything. The guide you saw probably had to do with Netplay. Netplay is when you try to play online on a computer via an emulator called Dolphin. What we're doing is using wi-fi. It's the same type of wi-fi that you used to play Brawl with before Nintendo shut down their servers. We're now able to connect to independent servers now. Don't worry about that reddit guide. Just try to follow what I've said and hope for the best lol.

Edit: Also, I don't mean to leave you in the dust, but I may try and see if I can find another game. If I do, my apologies. I'll still try and help you set up wi-fi regardless, though.

Last edited:

RobbyKujo

Smash Rookie
lol it's ok, dude. And no, you don't need to port forward anything. The guide you saw probably had to do with Netplay. Netplay is when you try to play online on a computer via an emulator called Dolphin. What we're doing is using wi-fi. It's the same type of wi-fi that you used to play Brawl with before Nintendo shut down their servers. We're now able to connect to independent servers now. Don't worry about that reddit guide. Just try to follow what I've said and hope for the best lol.

Edit: Also, I don't mean to leave you in the dust, but I may try and see if I can find another game. If I do, my apologies. I'll still try and help you set up wi-fi regardless, though.
Do you mind hooking me up with downloads? Wifi safe 3.6 and the patch files. I tried it but I got a 50320 Error code.

Top Bottom