• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

ian715

Smash Apprentice
anyone wanna try teams again? This time we won't start until we KNOW we have 4 people playing and we communicate on here to decide who is on what team haha

need 3 more people

Last edited:

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I've wondered.... would anything happen if I were to add custom skins to my project m, and then tried to play online with one of them? What would happen?
Ian, wanna play? 36111-2777-6125. Also custom skins work on wifi as long as they don't modify bones or anything besides textures/vertices.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Will the other player be able to see the skin? And I'll play a little bit later, I'm playing some witcher 3 right now haha, will you be on later tonight?
No, the other player can't see it. It only shows up for you. Not sure if I'll be on later tonight or not--probably wouldn't count on it though, because I'm likely to be doing art/commissions.

Uzif

Smash Rookie
I'm new to smash boards and I've installed the wifi-safe pm. Anyone wanna help me test it and then play if it works :)
friend code: 4300-9685-6805

_Griffith_

Smash Apprentice
Anyone want to play a few rounds? I've had some fighter experience before (SF, GG, BB, and Tekken, to name a few) and I'm trying to get into PM, so I'm quite scrubby. Need to get some games in to find a main and whatnot. Friend code in signature.

Dammit, I guess it didn't display. My friend code is 2411 1829 5968.

Last edited:

_Griffith_

Smash Apprentice
GG @ Player -0 Player -0 . I decided to cut it off since you were probably getting bored to tears. Any advice (besides the obvious recover/don't jump off the ledge like a lemming)? Also, which character did you think I performed best with? Thanks.

PoeticMonkey

Smash Ace
Thanks for the games man sorry im noobish but i had fun; i hope you did too
Nah, dude. GGs. You're good for being new to WiFi. It's a whole different world. Welcome to the thread. And stick around. There are some brilliant players around here on WiFi. I've been playing Smash competitively for almost 5 months. People here are willing to extend advice and criticism - asked for or not... lol. And it may or may not be constructive criticism. But don't let that discourage you. I'm just giving you a heads up of the inevitable in this thread. But we need more good players of WiFi and you're one of the better newcomers I've played.

Player -0

Smash Hero
GG @ Player -0 Player -0 . I decided to cut it off since you were probably getting bored to tears. Any advice (besides the obvious recover/don't jump off the ledge like a lemming)? Also, which character did you think I performed best with? Thanks.
GG's!

People will typically leave if they're getting super bored. If you need to do something/not enjoying yourself feel free to leave from matches.

Your play was somewhat robotic at times. You didn't seem to have any super bad general habits (some character ones) besides get up attacking if you missed the tech (I missed all of the punishes :mad:). You had a tendency to try to jump off the ledge for some crazy stuff, you'll learn how to edgeguard characters better once you play them more (and are paying attention on what they can do). Onstage your play was a bit slow/couldn't handle pressure, as you play the game your movement will become better/you'll be able to deal with pressure better.

Overall you didn't have any bad habits which is good. Don't forget WiFi is hard to manage and try to practice movement/play people offline if possible. Something that may happen is that you won't do well while someone is doing janky stuff and be doing well, don't get discouraged. Trust your FGC fundamentals (baits, punishes, conditioning, learning other person's habits) and ride with those, you don't have to be technical to be good.

Basically me saying the same thing over and over while saying nothing ^

tl;dr - Just play the game and think about what people are doing and why

Uzif

Smash Rookie
Nah, dude. GGs. You're good for being new to WiFi. It's a whole different world. Welcome to the thread. And stick around. There are some brilliant players around here on WiFi. I've been playing Smash competitively for almost 5 months. People here are willing to extend advice and criticism - asked for or not... lol. And it may or may not be constructive criticism. But don't let that discourage you. I'm just giving you a heads up of the inevitable in this thread. But we need more good players of WiFi and you're one of the better newcomers I've played.
Thanks man I appreciate the warm welcome; While im new to pm ive played alot of brawl so i have some experience. gg :D

Top Bottom