• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

RegalSwan

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3626-0665-9810
Next up: what's his FC, assuming it's not the one I was JUST given I JUST added..

RegalSwan

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3626-0665-9810
Sorry for quitting, didn't pick m y control scheme. Forgot to and decided to drop out and switch and now i can't rejoin. Hm.

RegalSwan

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3626-0665-9810
Back and ready for more. I have a room up as soon as I'm given a friend code; only doing 1v1s right now.

JustSomeScrub

Smash Journeyman
GGS, any advice on my Lucario other than not to suck so much while recovering? I think my average stock was like 50% lol thanks to how horrible I was at it.

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
GGS, any advice on my Lucario other than not to suck so much while recovering? I think my average stock was like 50% lol thanks to how horrible I was at it.
GGs man! Those were all super close.

As for advice, I would say two things: first, with regards to Lucario, look into some of his other unique tech, like DT-cancelled smash attacks, tilts, jabs, etc.

Also, mixing up your recoveries is always a good thing. You tended to be a little predictable on your recoveries, so I was able to get good reads on you and punish accordingly.

You did fairly good in neutral though, just make sure to be patient and not fall for any mindgames or baits (which is something I struggle with a lot too lol).

Overall though, your Lucario isn't too shabby! A little work and you'll be running circles around people eventually.

RegalSwan

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3626-0665-9810
..and so I preserve my promise to never play with a Wario in any game whatsoever. That Ken combo tho.

JustSomeScrub

Smash Journeyman
It's probably because my Lucario is 2 days old, I tend to be okay at recovering with my regular characters. Thanks for the advice. I'm not comfortable with his options yet.

un.dead I'll play you now. Shall I host?

Also feel free to setup an IRC chat.

Last edited:

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
I've never made one myself, I just join them. The page won't finish loading so this might take awhile unless you want to make it. Anyway I'm booting up, and feel free to change characters if you get tired of Lucario.

What do you mean by DT cancel Smash attacks? Like canceling the aura ball afterwards? I don't know what DT stands for.
Double Team, down-B

Last edited:

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
It's probably because my Lucario is 2 days old, I tend to be okay at recovering with my regular characters. Thanks for the advice. I'm not comfortable with his options yet.
Yeah, his recovery is a bit awkward. Especially in 3.5, where they made it much harder to sweetspot the edge.

It's kind of a fair nerf though, Lucario had magnet-hands back in 3.0 lol

Top Bottom